Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just got back from australia house!

Wikiposts

just got back from australia house!

Old Mar 18th 2004, 3:55 am
WBB

Default just got back from australia house!

i travelled up to london at the ungodly hour of 5:15 this morning to get the kids aussie passports (you have to go in person for the first passport) it was nice to finally see australia house where we have been sending all the forms and cheques for the last 6 months.

if you are planning on applying for australian passports take a look at the link i have here which is a guideline to the photo requirements, they are a lot stricter than the british passport office, we had some photos done a few weeks ago in preparation and the british passport office accepted them with no questions asked, today in aussie house they refused to accept them because the kids faces did not cover 70-80% of the photo! if any of you have tried putting a 7 month old baby in a photo booth you will know how difficult it is to get them to look at the screen for long enough to take a decent picture.

anyway, they have given us 7 days to get more pictures done and sent in to them (we have just posted them ) and we have paid for priority processing, an extra £20 odd each!!!!! over £100 for two kids passports valid for 5 years.

anyone else had any problems with the passport pics?

Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:09 am
WBB

oh, and i should of mentioned, when i got back home my passport had been returned with my visa stuck inside

happy days.

Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations WBB!!!
Passport photos are a nightmare... for anyone with young children/toddlers, take a small white sheet/cloth, cover yourself in it and hold your child. Hopefully your partner can then give directions / put money in. The white cloth is because the passport peeps will moan if any part of your body/clothes show.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Celebration!

Great News WBB!
so pleased for you
Old Mar 18th 2004, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Another one escapes Port Toilet-Go man Go!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 5:03 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Great news WBB, see the wait has been worth it. Things are really shifting now.

All the Best
Sarah
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
oh, and i should of mentioned, when i got back home my passport had been returned with my visa stuck inside

happy days.

There we go Pollster - I was right all along.

WBB actually got his visa on THURSDAY
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:32 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

well done WWB , nearly there now!

all the best plum
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:36 am
WBB

Originally posted by debio
Another one escapes Port Toilet-Go man Go!
another south walian, where abouts you from, and where are you headed?

i am so glad i will be saying goodbye to port toilet.

Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:50 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
i am so glad i will be saying goodbye to port toilet.

You must have the runs then. Your coming back for a year arent you?

Congrats on the Visa mate
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The MRs pics were the wrong size by a mm. She told the post office to accept them and see what the passport office says. 2 weeks later she got a passport. God knows how you are meant to do a baby photo.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations WBB.
A tip for all those getting baby pics. go to a shop that does digital pics. there are lots out there. places that do photo developing, often do them, though you might not realise it!. much easier than a photo booth. they can check the pic before printing.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:20 am
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question - did you have to take the kids?
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:21 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get a chance to take a gander in the Australia Shop in Convent Garden (http://www.australiashop.co.uk/) ?

Well worth a look, lots of aussie goodies, bit pricey though
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done WBB all the best mate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.