Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just getting started

Just getting started

Old May 8th 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road
Cool Just getting started

Hi everyone, we have just seen an agent in February and are now getting all our paper work together for the TRA. My husband is a Ceramic wall and floor tiler. We have 3 kids and we plan to settle in Perth or Adelaide. Any advice? We are coming over to Oz in December for a month to have a good look. Anyone out there who have teenagers immigrating. Ours are 18, 15,and 10. we are all coming and our 18 year old may have to come as last remaining relative. would welcome any comments on this
Old May 8th 2003, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Off to Brisbane hopefully. Good luck with TRA we are in the process of sending application.

Welcome to the site.

footie chick
Old May 8th 2003, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Sure you will find this site useful, good luck with the paperwork.

Terry
Old May 8th 2003, 7:14 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
welcome to the mad house!
my cousin runs a tiling business, but in Melbourne.
A good friend of mine migrated with a 16 and 14 year old (now23 and 21) and they all love it and wouldn't come back (surfers paradise) They fitted into school life well and were at the same stage education wise.
good luck with everything
Old May 8th 2003, 7:20 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ovenater, I'm a Tiler too we're going to Adelaide cos my brother lives there, three kids ,two on our app one with her fiancee. We're using Gomatilda, very good, and they are hopefully sorting out my skills as we speak. Good luck and get used to waiting!! nothing happens to quick in this process
Old May 8th 2003, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

hi Crossy

We may go to Adelaide as we have friends living there, they say that tilers are like gold dust at the moment, but so do our friends in Perth. We also have family on the goldcoast and in Melbourn.