Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just for fun...go on...tell us!!!!

View Poll Results: WELL....how did you celebrate?!
Got rip roaringly drunk....lasted a whole weekend.
16.67%
Spent the night getting drunk...ending in a fruity evening with limbs akimbo...if you know what I mean...heh - heh!!!!
20.83%
Quietly celebrated with a drinky poo or two, just a small sweet sherry, mind you.
16.67%
Went to bed, no real celebration...I'M TOO STRESSED OUT, YOU KNOW!!!!!!!
45.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Just for fun...go on...tell us!!!!

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just for fun...go on...tell us!!!!

Hiya!

Just for fun...go on...tell us...

HOW did you celebrate the news that your visas had been granted?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:56 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just for fun...go on...tell us!!!!

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hiya!

hehe!

well, it wasn't my visa really(I've got the passport nah nah )
but I had a fever, so I went straight to bed..... And I'm not into alcohol anyway much (only when I want to dance!)

Pascal had a few Aussie beers!

yeah, wasn't very exciting in our hotel in Berlin.....
I don't think there even was a bar!
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we actually went shopping !!!!!!!!!!!!. First we got news from our agent that the visa had been granted but it was then another two weeks for us to send off Hubbies passport and get the visa back so in the end we were more relieved than anything .
Hubbie is planning to get very drunk at leaving bash though especially as we have a huge alchohol to get through , Im pregnant with third so just a coke for me !!!
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya!

We got our visa mid week so couldn't go out on a 'school night' and get plastered. We did the following weekend though.

But as the poll states, we had a small drinky poo then had an early night!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Leigh,........haven`t celebrated as yet.....................still waiting for visa..............meds sent 30/03/04
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Leigh,........haven`t celebrated as yet.....................still waiting for visa..............meds sent 30/03/04

COME ON ASPC!!!!!!

How do you PLAN to celebrate? ( Silly question, eh Sandra?! )
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 1:21 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yep drunk loads was a bit dumb struck and didnt know how to react but drunk some more just in case
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 4:06 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya!

Unable to vote yet but wanted to see what people's responses were. It was a bit of a shock to see that most people so far didn't celebrate. When it's our turn I will be rip roaring drunk and shouting from the roof tops.
Regards to you all.
Sarah
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya sarah,

I agree, I was very surprised to see that most of those who responded were in bed for an early night with their horlicks!

Just me and you who enjoy a bevvy or two then?

Extenious circumstances permitting...i wonder...what gets these people excited?????

Ste ( my other half is part of the horlicks brigade - I force him to celebrate, to look to the future, to be glad for small / large blessings etc ) but, to be fair to him, he is too busy thinking about " how do I get that job / apply for my licensing etc.

Still, one of us has got to celebrate...we both LOVE Oz, its just me whos the more vocal!!!!!!!!!