Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just can't say good bye

Just can't say good bye

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:41 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just can't say good bye

I don't know about anyone else but we have been visiting friends recently and when it is time to leave I just can't bring myself to say good bye. I make every attempt to do so but always end up saying we'll see you again before we go. Is this normal or am I just a wuss??

Debbie with tears in her eyes
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just can't say good bye

Originally posted by cresta57
I don't know about anyone else but we have been visiting friends recently and when it is time to leave I just can't bring myself to say good bye. I make every attempt to do so but always end up saying we'll see you again before we go. Is this normal or am I just a wuss??

Debbie with tears in her eyes
Hi Debbie
no your not just a wuss! we are a long way off from our goodbyes, but im not looking forward to the moment!
best wishes hunny
rach x
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

debs, dry thoses eyes and put on the shades, new life new beginnings

arlene
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:48 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by arlene
debs, dry thoses eyes and put on the shades, new life new beginnings

arlene
hiya

I'm dreading the goodbyes, but remebering why im saying goodbye will hopefully get me through !

Chin up debbie, not long now

Lottie

p.s did you get that post about where i lived and that you had been to my house ?

tried sending a pm but your box is too full empty it woman !
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:49 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Debbie
no your not just a wuss! we are a long way off from our goodbyes, but im not looking forward to the moment!
best wishes hunny
rach x

Cheers Rach keep feeling all pathetic and girlie that's why I decided that we wouldn't have a party couldn't handle my own emotion let alone anyone else's. We had my parents and Sean's over for a meal before Sean's went back to Oz and the last thing my mum said to Jan was you look after my girl wont you and I was ready to burst into tears.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:51 pm

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
hiya

I'm dreading the goodbyes, but remebering why im saying goodbye will hopefully get me through !

Chin up debbie, not long now

Lottie

p.s did you get that post about where i lived and that you had been to my house ?

tried sending a pm but your box is too full empty it woman !

Yeah I got that one Tigger.
I've finished work now I've probably got too much thinking time on my hands.
My Box is empty now (oh err missus)
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Cheers Rach keep feeling all pathetic and girlie that's why I decided that we wouldn't have a party couldn't handle my own emotion let alone anyone else's. We had my parents and Sean's over for a meal before Sean's went back to Oz and the last thing my mum said to Jan was you look after my girl wont you and I was ready to burst into tears.
Oh Debbie
i have tears in my eyes just thinking about it! We are planning a big going away party but now i'm not sure if we should have one! i know i don't want anyone at the airport when we fly!!!
as the other girls have said, keep remembering why you are going mate, its not goodbye, just see ya!!!
hugs to you
rach x
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:56 pm

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Oh Debbie
i have tears in my eyes just thinking about it! We are planning a big going away party but now i'm not sure if we should have one! i know i don't want anyone at the airport when we fly!!!
as the other girls have said, keep remembering why you are going mate, its not goodbye, just see ya!!!
hugs to you
rach x

I've told everyone that we will be making our own way to the airport to. I don't care if we have to hitch
All part of the adventure I guess.

Besides I know I'll be seeing quite a few of you on the other side
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Not got to that stage yet, but am SO dreading it as I am the worst when it comes to saying goodbye. mother in law lived in france for a while and when she used to come over for a visit then go back, I would be in floods - bad, I know. Especially as she would only be gone for a few months then come back again! Am deliberately not having a leaving party as it'd be way too much on the emotion scale for me - prefer to see groups of friends and pass off my blubbing as too much wine, rather than a full scale public humiliation!

I'm sure this is a usual thing - pre-flight emotion and all that - just look forward to your new life and think it'll all soon be over!!!

Good luck!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 6:00 pm

Originally posted by steandleigh
Not got to that stage yet, but am SO dreading it as I am the worst when it comes to saying goodbye. mother in law lived in france for a while and when she used to come over for a visit then go back, I would be in floods - bad, I know. Especially as she would only be gone for a few months then come back again! Am deliberately not having a leaving party as it'd be way too much on the emotion scale for me - prefer to see groups of friends and pass off my blubbing as too much wine, rather than a full scale public humiliation!

I'm sure this is a usual thing - pre-flight emotion and all that - just look forward to your new life and think it'll all soon be over!!!

Good luck!

Usually when Sean's parents go back we have to say we'll see you in a couple of years and we cry buckets. It felt wonderful to say we'll see you in 4-6 weeks. Only it's gonna be slightly longer because of the house sale
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

We're having a leaving party on Saturday and I'm absolutely dreading it! We thought about skulking off without one but then decided we had a partying reputation to uphold....I'm not so sure of the wisdom of this decision now Every time I think of saying goodbye to friends and family I get a big lump in my throat and fill up with tears, I'm even doing it as I write this!
I know that we're doing the right thing for us as a family but it isn't going to make Saturday any easier. To show how pathetic I am, my best friend asked me on Friday what I wanted to do about food for the party and I burst into tears and said I couldn't decide! How wet is that and I can't even blame my hormones
My only consolation is the fact that Iwon't be the only one with puffy eyes and a big red hooter!

Claire
Flying on the 6th AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

So you think you're a wuss do you.... I could hardly read the end of your sentence because my eyes were tearing up. I have a lump in my throat constantly at the moment, I'm not sleeping at night. I lie there thinking, 'what am I doing to my children, they have a wonderful life, with loving family around, especially grandparents, loads of close friends etc etc' and then when I wake up to the cold, wet, dark mornings to face another day, the same as the last, the positive feelings come back and I get excited again. It is such a rollercoaster and I think you would be a very unusual person if you didnt feel the way you did.... but remember we all feel the same. It only takes someone, anyone, to say to me, 'we'll miss you, but envy you' and then I have to change the subject.... I am so scared and nervous at the thought of saying goodbye, I know I will do the same as you Debbie and just say, I'll see you before we go, knowing that we probably wont...:scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 6:18 pm

Where you going from and where to???

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday night while I'm enjoying my last night in the house. Mum is cooking us a Christmas dinner on Sunday with all my immediate family there so that will be bad enough. Then where staying with my mum until we can finally get out of here.

I'm sure the party will be excellent
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Where you going from and where to???

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday night while I'm enjoying my last night in the house. Mum is cooking us a Christmas dinner on Sunday with all my immediate family there so that will be bad enough. Then where staying with my mum until we can finally get out of here.

I'm sure the party will be excellent

We're moving from the beautiful city of Hull (well a lovely village just outside Hull) to Brisbane. I'm sure once all the goodbyes are over I will be fine and looking forward to our new lives.
We have some very close friends and our kids and their kids have all grown up together which is what is making it so hard, you know the sort of thing.
We're packing up next week (that is if I haven't died of a stress related illness ) and then staying with my Mum and Dad until we fly. They have been great so far but I can tell the strain is starting to tell on them which makes me feel guilty PLUS my Mum is madly trying to become computer literate (she's 68) before we go...what a trooper she is!
I've decided the knotting stomach, lump in the throat and sleepless nights will all go once we arrive (hopefully to be replaced by excitement).
My next test................I leave my job tomorrow.....sob!

Claire x
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 6:44 pm

What airport you flying from????

Sent you a pm claire hope you don't mind
Debbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.