Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just bought a block in Mount Martha

Just bought a block in Mount Martha

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice
Default Just bought a block in Mount Martha

We have just bought a block of lonad in Mount Martha and have started to look around at builders.We like Porter Davis home and Simmond does anyone have any experience of these good/bad comments welcome and also any advice it all seems a bit confusing at the moment

Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice
Default Re: Just bought a block in Mount Martha

Originally Posted by playbunny75
We have just bought a block of lonad in Mount Martha and have started to look around at builders.We like Porter Davis home and Simmond does anyone have any experience of these good/bad comments welcome and also any advice it all seems a bit confusing at the moment

Thanks
sorry for spelling errors I typed this after to much
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Thanks
congratulations!
we have just bought a block of land in mornington (st mitchell circuit). we like the look of the United Building group, they have a display home in mount martha called The Hepburn, but sorry no experince with any of the builders here.
how long have you been here? we have been here 13 weeks.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:49 am
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic news both of you

How exciting to have a home built exactly how you want it.....

I look forward to hearing all about the plans
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:51 am
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DevMountain

Sorry Dev wrong log on.. it was meant to be from Woodyinoz but I am sure that Dev wants to say that too
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robert cowan
congratulations!
we have just bought a block of land in mornington (st mitchell circuit). we like the look of the United Building group, they have a display home in mount martha called The Hepburn, but sorry no experince with any of the builders here.
how long have you been here? we have been here 13 weeks.
Hi

Well you have moved fast to have bought a block already! good for you thats great.We have been in Melbourne for nealry a year and are living about 20 mins from Mount Martha.We will most likey not be in Mount Martha til end of next year.The block you have bought is it on Eden park Estate and 800 sqm if so I think we may have looked at that one.

Good luck with everything
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DevMountain

Hello

Thanks again it is exciting but very scary :scared:

hope we are doing the right thing?

Chat soonx
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Congrats on your piece of land. We are looking to do the same thing in a couple of months. Can I ask you the size of your plot and what you paid for it please.
The other question is, how can you buy a plot of land before you decide on your house plan incase the size/shape of the land isn't suited to your choosen design ? Or have I got things arse about face ?
Wouldn't you choose your house design and then find a plot of land you can fit it on ?

Thanks

Chris
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 5:53 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks

What sort of money does a block of land cost...?????
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:41 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Just bought a block in Mount Martha

Hello

We are planning to move to the Mornington Peninsula / Frankston area next year and would be very keen to make contact with other people who have done this. Just for starters - is it a feasible commute to live in Mount Martha, Mornington, Mount Eliza etc , drive to Frankston rail station and from there train into Melbourne? Or is that just a silly idea? My current London commute is 1 hour.

Thanks, Buzzy.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:26 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hello

We are planning to move to the Mornington Peninsula / Frankston area next year and would be very keen to make contact with other people who have done this. Just for starters - is it a feasible commute to live in Mount Martha, Mornington, Mount Eliza etc , drive to Frankston rail station and from there train into Melbourne? Or is that just a silly idea? My current London commute is 1 hour.

Thanks, Buzzy.

Its perfectly feasable, plenty already do it.

It would be about an hours trip also.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:32 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Just bought a block in Mount Martha

Originally Posted by Bordy
Its perfectly feasable, plenty already do it.

It would be about an hours trip also.

Thanks Bordy, could you tell me what the traffic would be like at commuting hours between Mount Martha and Frankston and whether there is plentiful parking at Frankston and if so is it free? Also, I have read on some posts that Frankston itself is not a very good area - is this true? And what is the difference between North Frankston, South Frankston, Frankston Heights and Frankston vis-a-vis type of area, property values, facilities etc?

I appreciate the time taken to respond - it is quite hard when you don't know the areas!!!

Buzzy.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Thanks Bordy, could you tell me what the traffic would be like at commuting hours between Mount Martha and Frankston and whether there is plentiful parking at Frankston and if so is it free? Also, I have read on some posts that Frankston itself is not a very good area - is this true? And what is the difference between North Frankston, South Frankston, Frankston Heights and Frankston vis-a-vis type of area, property values, facilities etc?

I appreciate the time taken to respond - it is quite hard when you don't know the areas!!!

Buzzy.
Hi

My husband works in Melbourne and we are about 50 mins away by train where we are right now and we expect to add may another 30 mins to that time when we move to Mount Martha if he can go in early and come home home that is you have metioned Frankston south which is a very nice area we looked at buying there but it is quite expensive if you want a modern style house but there are plenty of older houses we looked at that needed some work but would have looked good with some time and money spent.My husband is no good a DIY so that option was not for us.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CORKER
What sort of money does a block of land cost...?????
We have paid $168,000 for 780sqm it has a wide frontage so means lots of different house designs should fit.The land was on at $179,000 for he came down in price a little bit but the block need to be flaten which can cost $10,000 plus but we have a neighbout that is a builder and has agreed to do it for $2,000
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:48 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Where is Mount Martha by the way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.