Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just the beginning

just the beginning

Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

milliemoo will become famous soon enoughmilliemoo will become famous soon enough
Smile just the beginning

hi there everyone
i'm new at this so please excuse.
Have got visa !! hurrah, skilled independant (my husband - he's a carpernter) and i'm a hairdresser We have 3 children 7,5. and 18 mths. We have to have the visa validated by april 2006- as in, step foot in the country which is what we're doing in feb. Flying into Sydney - out of melbourne hopefully travelling everywhere in a campervan. Has anyone got any information that may be useful? places to stay - jobs to look at - info on schools - campervans to hire!! Anyone emigrated recently with children and could give us any tips?
This has all happened so quickly since handing in our application (mar 05) after TRA that we are abit overwhelmed with it all many thanx
Old Nov 4th 2005, 3:54 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just the beginning

Originally Posted by milliemoo
hi there everyone
Have got visa !! hurrah, skilled independant (my husband - he's a carpernter) and i'm a hairdresser We have 3 children 7,5. and 18 mths. We have to have the visa validated by april 2006- as in, step foot in the country which is what we're doing in feb. Flying into Sydney - out of melbourne hopefully travelling everywhere in a campervan. Has anyone got any information that may be useful? places to stay - jobs to look at - info on schools - campervans to hire!! Anyone emigrated recently with children and could give us any tips?
This has all happened so quickly since handing in our application (mar 05) after TRA that we are abit overwhelmed with it all many thanx
Sorry, I can't offer any practical information, just wanted to say hello and welcome to BE
Old Nov 4th 2005, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

tooter is an unknown quantity at this point

For campervan hire try http://www.standbycars.com.au/oneways.aspx
you can sometimes get them for 1A$ a day, going one way
Old Nov 4th 2005, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: just the beginning

hi there everyone
just wanted to say congratulations hope you have a good trip Janet
Old Nov 4th 2005, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

hope all goes well for you

Lisa.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 9:33 am
Just Joined

milliemoo will become famous soon enoughmilliemoo will become famous soon enough

hello thanks for your support x
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:25 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

hi there everyone
Hiya Milliemoo....

Firstly, a big welcome to BE.......

Secondly, cant believe you have only just joined...AFTER...you have your visa!! Ah well.......

Right, campervans......................my missus went to OZ a couple of years back for a roadtrip with her ol' man and used a great company...try this: www.wickedcampers.com.au

Nice n cheap and cool as......to boot!!

Enjoy the journey!
Old Nov 5th 2005, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi Yourselves ROBnCAZ
Thanx for the tip. The whole thing has totally rocked me - it has suddenly become very real. The pressure of the validation visit by a certain time is very scary. So much to do so little time an all that- have no idea where to start so ive taken to drinking more wine to make it clearer !!??!!
BFN and good luck let us know how you get on x