Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just been offered sponsorship!

Just been offered sponsorship!

Old Sep 11th 2010, 11:38 am
Just Joined

pkwa10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Just been offered sponsorship!

Hi all, Have just registered as need so much advice and this site look the best place to get it!
I have just been offered sponsorship by a recruitment company in Sydney, Partner is coming with me and we have been reading so much that all the info is now a blur in my head!
So will try and simplify!!
Rent a property?
Furnish/unfurnished what is best?
Where is a good affordable location in the Sydney area?
Medical Insurance ? So many companies and so many covers what has worked for you? I Have MS and am aware this is not covered for the first 12 months.
If any of you have MS or know of anyone would be great to here what works for the in Australia??

Any help advice would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance x
Old Sep 11th 2010, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just been offered sponsorship!

Furnished properties are uncommon, you will find it hard to find one. What is affordable varies with the individual so that is very hard question to answer. You can check out rental prices on www.domain.com.au.

What visa are you coming over on?
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pkwa10
Hi all, Have just registered as need so much advice and this site look the best place to get it!
I have just been offered sponsorship by a recruitment company in Sydney, Partner is coming with me and we have been reading so much that all the info is now a blur in my head!
So will try and simplify!!
Rent a property?
Furnish/unfurnished what is best?
Where is a good affordable location in the Sydney area?
Medical Insurance ? So many companies and so many covers what has worked for you? I Have MS and am aware this is not covered for the first 12 months.
If any of you have MS or know of anyone would be great to here what works for the in Australia??
Sponsorship for what kind of visa? If temporary, read:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions

Also, if you mean you have multiple sclerosis it could mean you have no chance of meeting the health requirements for permanent residence. Do not uproot yourself without investigating this in detail. George Lombard or Peter Bollard (search forum for contact details) should be able to advise you in detail but you will probably have to pay.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks
I am coming over on the 457 temporary Visa. So will have 4 years or working in Sydney.
I understand that getting a pr is hard with MS(Multiple Scerosis) but as far as i see it, I will have 4 years of a hard working and Playing lifestyle!
We have no Children, no mortgage here, in 4 years time we can come back and be in the same situation just a little older and maybe a little healthier!

Thanks for the websites will start looking at properties.

Thank you for the Info

Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Lipgloss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, how did you get sponsorship???
Its something I'm looking into at the moment and I would really appreciate some advice/help...
thank you
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Excitng times ahead, Good Luck

Emma
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Yes very exciting! although am unsure what my partner will do for work so any advice is welcome!!

I am working in Recruitment so was able to get a sponsor

Am waiting for it all to be put in writing but am so excited!!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:13 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes very exciting! although am unsure what my partner will do for work so any advice is welcome!!

I am working in Recruitment so was able to get a sponsor

Am waiting for it all to be put in writing but am so excited!!
Loads of work and Sydney is a HUGE place. Find out where you will be working and THEN look at locations taking into account commute, lifestlye etc etc.
Hold on...if YOU are a recruiter you can get her a job!!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:18 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lipgloss
Hi, how did you get sponsorship???
Its something I'm looking into at the moment and I would really appreciate some advice/help...
thank you
Check your job against the list of required jobs types on the DIAC website (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/). Then look at Seek.com.au and see what jobs are going for your profession, the start ringing around and asking if they sponsor. It costs them money to set up but if you are a valuable commodity then it is worth the cost. If you are hoping to get here as a basic admin clerk then no chance! (no offence to admin clerks by the way, just stating to clarify options!).
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Hey

Thanks for that its made me a little bit more positive!
I am the recruiter (education) He is the not sure what i want to do...! Car sales, Baggage handler, Labouring he has done it all so at least we have a few options!!

So Excited!!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:36 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on the sponsorship offer.

If you are coming over, are the sponsors offering temp accomodation on arrival or do you need to organize that yourselves?

General rule of thumb at the moment, you will probably need about 4 weeks in a furnished rentals to give yourselves time to find and move into a unfurnished place. If you are shipping furniture, think about shipping times, and what you will need to buy on arrival to get you throgh. Its normall better to send you belongings ahead, otherwise you might end up sitting on garden furniture and sleeping on the floor till your stuff arrives (generally takes 10 weeks from start to finish)

Furnished rentals will probably cost from $600-900 pw & unfurnished 350-500pw depending on what you want and where.

Unfortunately cant offer suggestions of suburbs in Sydney, but there are plenty out ther that can i'm sure. Where is the job position situated?

If OH wants to work, and he is pretty flexible, he should have to much trouble finding something.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Just been offered sponsorship!

Originally Posted by furkew
congrats on the sponsorship offer.

If you are coming over, are the sponsors offering temp accomodation on arrival or do you need to organize that yourselves?

General rule of thumb at the moment, you will probably need about 4 weeks in a furnished rentals to give yourselves time to find and move into a unfurnished place. If you are shipping furniture, think about shipping times, and what you will need to buy on arrival to get you throgh. Its normall better to send you belongings ahead, otherwise you might end up sitting on garden furniture and sleeping on the floor till your stuff arrives (generally takes 10 weeks from start to finish)

Furnished rentals will probably cost from $600-900 pw & unfurnished 350-500pw depending on what you want and where.

Unfortunately cant offer suggestions of suburbs in Sydney, but there are plenty out ther that can i'm sure. Where is the job position situated?

If OH wants to work, and he is pretty flexible, he should have to much trouble finding something.

Thanks for all the Info Am waiting for the offer package to be emailed this week i think they will give us accom for the first month a dthen we will have to find a place. So am thinking that sorting out shipping and storage needs to be looked into now!

Its very exciting and hopefully will be quite painless!!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:48 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Thanks for all the Info Am waiting for the offer package to be emailed this week i think they will give us accom for the first month a dthen we will have to find a place. So am thinking that sorting out shipping and storage needs to be looked into now!

Its very exciting and hopefully will be quite painless!!
Our shipping took 2 weeks for the air freight (company gave me a 500kg allowance) and 6-7 weeks for the container.
I had the option of full removal costs or a 10k allowance to buy furniture here, in hindsight I wish I had taken the later!! As a start up, in Sydney look at Fantastic Furniture who have whole house furnishing packages starting at $2999. Now, they may not be swish or the best quality, but they do give you a start and for a couple with no kids it does the job while you are settling in. Plus, if you take furnished accom, generally they are short term winter rentals (owners come back for the summer) or real dossholes!! Add to that the fact that someone elses sweaty frame has been lying (and god knows what else!!) on your bed/sofa/futon which has probably not been steamed cleaned prior to you arriving!! Ugh!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks , Am getting quotes from various shipping companies.
Have been made the offer just waiting for the package!

I imagine if all goes well with medical etc we will be out early December.
Looking forward to Christmas already!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Can anyone help with Insurance compnaies? All the paperwork came today and i need to sort medical Insurance out asap
Is medicare ok to go with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.