Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just been to Coles

Just been to Coles

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 4:51 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just been to Coles

There must have been ten people in there, I was imagining being in my local supermarket at home where it would be so crowded you couldn't move around, all the shelves would be empty and you'd queue right down the aisles.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 4:55 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just been to Coles

Originally Posted by fraser
There must have been ten people in there, I was imagining being in my local supermarket at home where it would be so crowded you couldn't move around, all the shelves would be empty and you'd queue right down the aisles.

I know!!!
Went to Toys R Us the other day with my son's list, parked straight away, got everything on the list, no que for the check out, took a total of 20mins.
When I spoke to my mum back home she said that she gave in trying to get into Tesco and Toys R Us the other day because she was queing in the car park for 30mins
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 4:58 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
I know!!!
Went to Toys R Us the other day with my son's list, parked straight away, got everything on the list, no que for the check out, took a total of 20mins.
When I spoke to my mum back home she said that she gave in trying to get into Tesco and Toys R Us the other day because she was queing in the car park for 30mins
It's not right I TELL YA
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:06 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not right I TELL YA
maybe everybody has been abducted by aliens
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by biggy
There is no everybody, it just wierd.

No tins of choccys in the aisles, no crates of beer everywhere, no dates, no piles of smoke salmon.

Although it's probably quieter where you are
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

taylor1 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no everybody, it just wierd.

No tins of choccys in the aisles, no crates of beer everywhere, no dates, no piles of smoke salmon.

Although it's probably quieter where you are
is it still possible to do a full xmas shop? its not empty cos the aisles r empty? i leave things till the last minute!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:15 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by biggy

Nahhh thry just heard Fraser & his boys might be coming.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by taylor1
is it still possible to do a full xmas shop? its not empty cos the aisles r empty? i leave things till the last minute!
Nah they're all full
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Coles Joondalup was packed, as was most of Lakeside, Whitfords was last week too. Maybe it's because Perth NOR is full of Poms, hang on, lots of them had Aussie accents so that can't be it
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:24 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

You lot make me laugh!!
How many years have you moaned about crowds, parking and the stress of christmas, and now its STRESS free you still bloody moaning!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
You lot make me laugh!!
How many years have you moaned about crowds, parking and the stress of christmas, and now its STRESS free you still bloody moaning!
Who's moaning? Not me, I just can't believe how quiet is
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:34 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Who's moaning? Not me, I just can't believe how quiet is

You are moaning.... so there!

I think that the Aussies just dont stress themselves out like their cousins up in the northern hemisphere
All this panic buying of outrageous amounts of food and crap from the shops which are only shut for one day and even then the corner shops run by our ethnic cousins will be open, so why the rush?
I also feel there are more supermarkets here for the amount of people within a community, therefore more space in the shops.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
You are moaning.... so there!

I think that the Aussies just dont stress themselves out like their cousins up in the northern hemisphere
All this panic buying of outrageous amounts of food and crap from the shops which are only shut for one day and even then the corner shops run by our ethnic cousins will be open, so why the rush?
I also feel there are more supermarkets here for the amount of people within a community, therefore more space in the shops.
I agree it's madness at home people fighting over loaves of bread
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone has forgotten anything, I asked the check out chick, well lady in this case 'cos she was about 60... the best and quietest time to shop, she said either very very early circa 7am, or between 1 and 3pm over the next two days. Friday and Saturday at other hours will be very busy.

One of the last things on our list are the vegies,
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:59 am
Banned

I intend to do my shopping at the 24hr Coles at Bondi on Friday night. I shall arrive at about 3am

Talking of Coles, i have aquired yet another addiction to my long list. I highly reccomend Gelati Italias, Lemon Sorbet. I'm totally hooked and on my 3rd tub this week :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.