Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just back from the worst 2 weeks of my life

just back from the worst 2 weeks of my life

Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default just back from the worst 2 weeks of my life

Landed back in Perth yesterday morning at 5am, and on the flight from hell. Had a bloke sitting behind me that talked as loud as he could, about a load of nothing, ALL the way from KL, to anyone that stupidly made eye contact with him, and he drove me mad .
Almost had 'air-rage' and punched him in the mouth. I was so tired, after a hellish 2 weeks back in the UK, all I wanted to do was have a sleep. I even put some headphones on and turned the radio up, in an effort to drown out his dulcit tones. Unfortunately I could still hear him yacking on!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:16 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: just back from the worst 2 weeks of my life

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Landed back in Perth yesterday morning at 5am, and on the flight from hell. Had a bloke sitting behind me that talked as loud as he could, about a load of nothing, ALL the way from KL, to anyone that stupidly made eye contact with him, and he drove me mad .
Almost had 'air-rage' and punched him in the mouth. I was so tired, after a hellish 2 weeks back in the UK, all I wanted to do was have a sleep. I even put some headphones on and turned the radio up, in an effort to drown out his dulcit tones. Unfortunately I could still hear him yacking on!!!

Hi Sandra - Glad to hear you're back okay, despite the reason you had to go and the nasty loud-talking man on the plane!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

God after the last couple of weeks you have had, it would have been worth the aggro. You should have thumped him or at least told him to shut up!

Take care.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:19 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

There's always someone!

A quiet word with the cabin crew can often work - they have ways of telling people to belt up...... (unintentional pun - you know what I mean!)
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:15 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra!!!!! Hiya mate!! Been worried about you..

I reckon under the circumstances....a smack in the gob for that bloke would've been fair and appropriate

Good to hear you're back safe and sound

Petra
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi Petra,
so sorry I didnt manage to nip round to see you.
I didnt cope very well with it all and ended up at the quacks where he gave me some very nice pills to calm me down.
Feels very, very strange being back here again.

sandra
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:30 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hey you needn't apologise!!!!! It's just good to hear you're ok

Bet all your 'boys' are glad to see you back tho...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Hi,sandra
Glad to hear your back,sounds like you had a bad flight bad, you always get one dont you!
What was your thoughts about the UK, are you glad to be back ?
Well im still working, im next in on Thursday at 3pm if your about them pop in, be good to see you.
Take care
sue
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:17 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sandra,

Glad to hear you are ok and back in Oz. Sorry to hear you had such a horrible flight!!

You were very restrained under the circumstances and I'm sure I probably would have told him to shut up (or words to that effect).

Shell
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Try talking to people like this and telling them about how you joined the Jehovah's Witnesses on the advice of the voice in your head and they will leave you alone
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

The journey home was long (obviously!!) and tedious. I was alone, tired and very drained emotionally. I dont know how I managed to get through the flight, especially as the plane had a stop in between leaving KL and landing in Perth. Added an extra 2 and a half hours to the journey.
How I managed to stop myself punching this bloke in the gob amazes me!!!!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're OK Sandra.Must have been a tough trip (and not just the flight)

Big hugs from me and The Bloke
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:37 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

The journey home was long (obviously!!) and tedious. I was alone, tired and very drained emotionally. I dont know how I managed to get through the flight, especially as the plane had a stop in between leaving KL and landing in Perth. Added an extra 2 and a half hours to the journey.
How I managed to stop myself punching this bloke in the gob amazes me!!!!!!
I think you were remarkedly restrained. I lost my Dad a few years ago and if, at that time, I'd had some jerk like the one you describe within a few metres of me, I'd have ensured that he either remained in KL or that he was in absolutely no doubt whatsoever of just how much a jerk he was.

I hope things get better for you, I'm sure they will.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Glad you're OK Sandra.Must have been a tough trip (and not just the flight)

Big hugs from me and The Bloke

Thanks Polly. Didnt realise just how much I loved and missed my dad, until I went to see him in the chapel of rest.
He had changed so much in the last few months, I didnt recognise him.
I think that finally took me over the edge.

funny how roles get reversed. My younger sister, whom Petra knows quite well has always been very reliant on me emotionally. She has always been the 'weaker' and 'the baby', whilst I was always the stronger. Our roles have completely reversed. She was the mother and I was the baby. She cuddled me for hours on end whilst I sobbed.
According to our quack, whom I had to visit as I had got myself into a bit of a mess, said that as Jacqui had been with dad all the way through, she was mentally prepared. I dont know if there is any truth in this.
all I do know is that it hurt like bloody hell. You dont actually realise just how much it will hurt until it happens, then BANG, its like having your stomach blown away.

My sister summed it up very well, when the cleaner was hoovering outside the chapel where my dad was.
I was very angry that she was hoovering, when we were so emotional.
'Sandra', Jacqui said. 'Your world may feel like it has ended and everything has stopped, but to others the world carries on' How true that is

Many thanks for all your good wishes over the past couple of weeks. Went back to work today and actually managed a conversation with someone without breaking down. Well done to me!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

all I do know is that it hurt like bloody hell. You dont actually realise just how much it will hurt until it happens, then BANG, its like having your stomach blown away.
As yet I haven't lost a parent, thank god, but I did lose a very special friend just 6 weeks before emigrating - the irony being that he was in Hobart, and had I been here I could have gone to the funeral etc, as it was, I was stuck in the UK.
But your description above sums up exactly how I felt about Michael dying, and to some extent I still feel like that now, when I think of him passing away. They say it eases with time Sandra, so hang in there my friend.
Much love
Polly
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.