Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just back from the bush!

Just back from the bush!

Old May 26th 2006, 9:52 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just back from the bush!

Can anyone tell me what 'swags' are? I've seen them advertised for sale and have heard them mentioned but haven't a clue what they are!
Old May 26th 2006, 9:56 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthforme
There defo more to this place than the beach
Good on you! That's so true but I think it sometimes gets overlooked. I haven't been to the beach yet and we've been here 6 weeks now. Too much to do everywhere else.
Old May 26th 2006, 9:58 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Can anyone tell me what 'swags' are? I've seen them advertised for sale and have heard them mentioned but haven't a clue what they are!
http://www.tentworld.com.au/Category...Category=Swags
Here you go. These are a bit trendy compared to the old style ones, but essentially pretty much the same.
Old May 26th 2006, 10:11 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simone
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Thanks!!

So, what was the place called?

I lived with my parents 'up north' when I was a kid for a few years. That was enough though!
I prefer the southwest with it's trees and hills, but for a year or so it would be cool to live in the outback!

Here's all my foto's tagged with 'Nullagine' (so most are outback photo's)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simone82/tags/nullagine/
It was up in the wiluna area the sign is from the town ,thought it was a great name for a road , The gunbarrel high way !
Here are some pics of the southwest we took a year ago in nov down margret river way, and walpole.
Attached Thumbnails Just back from the bush!-picture00135.jpg   Just back from the bush!-picture00125.jpg   Just back from the bush!-picture00167.jpg   Just back from the bush!-picture00173.jpg   Just back from the bush!-picture00184.jpg  

Old May 26th 2006, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by iPom
Good on you! That's so true but I think it sometimes gets overlooked. I haven't been to the beach yet and we've been here 6 weeks now. Too much to do everywhere else.
Spent a good few weekends on walks up your way when i lived in sydney , great fun
Old May 26th 2006, 10:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It was up in the wiluna area the sign is from the town ,thought it was a great name for a road , The gunbarrel high way !
Here are some pics of the southwest we took a year ago in nov down margret river way, and walpole.
Ah yes, Wiluna. Never been there!
We were up further, Newman, Port Hedland area.
Stations the size of european countries(The Netherlands!!), ya can't visualise it unless you been there!(or similar!). Cattle on the roads, grates... Horses roaming free through town(and they weren't even wild brumby's!!).

Ahhh, Walpole, have spent many a weekend there, and family holidays(Rest Point Holiday Park), before the TreeTop walk(was built in 96), and before the boardwalk(we climbed on the funny looking tree )

Just in case you missed it, William Bay NP (Elephant Rocks and Greens Pool) is a must!!(I'm not a beach person, but this is just very nice rocks etc, and a nice beach to swim(in summer!) too.

Cities are (relatively) the same everywhere, but the nature/countryside of a country is unique! Though I guess to some people, a hill is a hill.... Well, too me a skyscraper is a skyscraper!
Old May 26th 2006, 11:42 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
http://www.tentworld.com.au/Category...Category=Swags
Here you go. These are a bit trendy compared to the old style ones, but essentially pretty much the same.

Cheers for that!
So now I know
Old May 26th 2006, 12:06 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be heading out there soon - just waiting for the 4x4 to be delivered next week can't wait to head West
Old May 27th 2006, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by 232Bar
We'll be heading out there soon - just waiting for the 4x4 to be delivered next week can't wait to head West
Cool what are you getting and where are you going , i got a 4x4 duel cab Toyota Ute and its a great drive even down a dirt road !
Old May 27th 2006, 11:11 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Cool what are you getting and where are you going , i got a 4x4 duel cab Toyota Ute and its a great drive even down a dirt road !
Guys if you intend doing some serious off roading , Join this site it has a great forum and you can learn from the experts .
http://www.exploroz.com/Splash.asp ...... mm
Old May 27th 2006, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by mr mover
Guys if you intend doing some serious off roading , Join this site it has a great forum and you can learn from the experts .
http://www.exploroz.com/Splash.asp ...... mm
Locked it into favs
Old May 27th 2006, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous photies everyone - thanks for sharing!!!