Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just arrived on Sunshine Coast

Just arrived on Sunshine Coast

Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

J_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really nice
Default Just arrived on Sunshine Coast

Hi

We have been on the Sushine Coast for two weeks now (Mooloolaba) myself and my husband and two teenage boys (16 ad 18) The youngest has just started at Mountain Creek and the eldest is looking for a job, early days I know but they both dont seem too impressed with being here, would love some suggestions as to how to get them meeting some kids of their own age, as they are missing their mates back home, joining Alex Surf Club later, they enjoyed playing football back home, so any help would be greatfully received

Thanks

Julie
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:50 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just arrived on Sunshine Coast

Hi!

The indoor 'soccer' season is just about to start. Sign ups were a couple of weeks ago for us, North Brisbane.

http://www.sunnycoastfutsal.com.au/

This site might be useful for you.

Good Luck!

M
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

J_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really nice

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Hi!

The indoor 'soccer' season is just about to start. Sign ups were a couple of weeks ago for us, North Brisbane.

http://www.sunnycoastfutsal.com.au/

This site might be useful for you.

Good Luck!

M
Thanks for that - we will check it out
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all

Originally Posted by J_IMHOFF
Hi

We have been on the Sushine Coast for two weeks now (Mooloolaba) myself and my husband and two teenage boys (16 ad 18) The youngest has just started at Mountain Creek and the eldest is looking for a job, early days I know but they both dont seem too impressed with being here, would love some suggestions as to how to get them meeting some kids of their own age, as they are missing their mates back home, joining Alex Surf Club later, they enjoyed playing football back home, so any help would be greatfully received

Thanks

Julie
Hi Julie,

welcome to the sunshine coast - we have been here a year with three teenagers 13,16,18 (17 and 19 now) fortunately they made friends through school and also we met up with people with other teenagers (chance meeting). Mountain Creek - huge school lots of poms - so youngest is bound to make friends there. Your eldest will probably need to join a club - maybe learn to surf etc.. ( not that mine were at all interested in surfing) even if its for a short while until he finds his own life. My eldest is at uni and was working for 6 months when he first came so now has a good social life. Give it time I am sure it will happen - it does feel very quiet when you first get here ( still is - but you get used to it and break that up with trips to city etc.) What sort of work is he looking for - very much about who you know here...