Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just arrived in Perth

Just arrived in Perth

Old Dec 6th 2006, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Just arrived in Perth

Hi guys,

I have been in Perth now for 3 days and it would be great to hear from anyone out here. We are living with a friend in Walter road East, Bassendean.
Hope to talk to some of the expats here soon.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:29 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just arrived in Perth

Originally Posted by lang81
Hi guys,

I have been in Perth now for 3 days and it would be great to hear from anyone out here. We are living with a friend in Walter road East, Bassendean.
Hi, Welcome to Perth.

I arrived on Nov 26th so about 10 days ago. (although did live here for 16 years until moving back to England in 99).

I am in Joondalup myself.

How are you finding everything so far?

Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of

Hi,

For the first 2 days we were mainly sleeping!!! so we haven't seen much yet.
I was down at the Mends street jetty today trying to open a bank account (a long story that i won't bore you with !) and visiting a friend who works there. We are hiring a car tomorrow so hopefully we will see a lot more.
Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Hi, Welcome to Perth.

I arrived on Nov 26th so about 10 days ago. (although did live here for 16 years until moving back to England in 99).

I am in Joondalup myself.

How are you finding everything so far?

Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

A very warm welcome to Sunny Perth. We've been here one week now and our feet haven't touched the ground !! We've bought a house in Butler near to the kids Schools plus 2 cars and had two interviews with two verbal offers.

We been to the Centrelink, Medicare & Drivers Licence people and they all have been very helpful. So far so good :-) Hopefully soon we can sit back and relax
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to perth !

I'm down Mandurah way and have been here since 31st August and still trying to find my feet
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Welcome to Perth!!!!..................And enjoy the beautiful sunshine!!!
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:43 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
A very warm welcome to Sunny Perth. We've been here one week now and our feet haven't touched the ground !! We've bought a house in Butler near to the kids Schools plus 2 cars and had two interviews with two verbal offers.

We been to the Centrelink, Medicare & Drivers Licence people and they all have been very helpful. So far so good :-) Hopefully soon we can sit back and relax
Hello there all perth people new and old
We are renting and have just bought in Butler near Irene mc cormack as kids go there & Brighton. We found sorting stuff fairly simple and painfree, and are now settling into some semblance of normality.
Gillian
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sme
Hello there all perth people new and old
We are renting and have just bought in Butler near Irene mc cormack as kids go there & Brighton. We found sorting stuff fairly simple and painfree, and are now settling into some semblance of normality.
Gillian

Thats where our kids are going :-) Interview with the Principle tomorrow :scared:
Old Dec 6th 2006, 12:07 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Thats where our kids are going :-) Interview with the Principle tomorrow :scared:
Brighton or IMCC
Old Dec 6th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sme
Brighton or IMCC
My 6 year old boy is going to Brighton Catholic and our 13 year old girl is going to IMCC. We had the interview with Brighton School the other day and have been accepted :-) Our new house is just over the road
Old Dec 6th 2006, 12:16 pm
sme
......in the sand !

My 6 year old boy is going to Brighton Catholic and our 13 year old girl is going to IMCC. We had the interview with Brighton School the other day and have been accepted :-) Our new house is just over the road
I've a 6 year old boy in Preprimary, going into yr 1 in feb, an 8 year old in yr 2 currently,and a 13 yr old girl at IMCC (just finished yr 9) and we have just bought 1 road down parallel with IMCC.
How spooky is that:scared:
Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future

hi all,
we also arrived on the 25th nov.We r renting until 6th jan in mount lawley, but we still don't know where to go yet. Might have a job as chef lecturer in perth, will find out next week. Picking uo our new car today - focus 2006, ex demo 4Km - $21000 ( £8.25 approx), thought was a good buy.

don't know anyone yet, any meet ups anyone? still yet to go to centrelink.

we will probably rent for 6 months first as we want to be sure with suburbs.
what are you all doing for xmas day?

best wishes
simon & family
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:50 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by cakeychef
hi all,
we also arrived on the 25th nov.We r renting until 6th jan in mount lawley, but we still don't know where to go yet. Might have a job as chef lecturer in perth, will find out next week. Picking uo our new car today - focus 2006, ex demo 4Km - $21000 ( £8.25 approx), thought was a good buy.

don't know anyone yet, any meet ups anyone? still yet to go to centrelink.

we will probably rent for 6 months first as we want to be sure with suburbs.
what are you all doing for xmas day?

best wishes
simon & family

Congrats on the possible job.
You can do centre link at the same time as Medicare in the same place - cool, hey.
We are beaching then barbie for Xmas dinner. We want a different sort of Xmas. As my husband said to our middle child "it will feel just like christmas on Dec25th when we are ripping open pressies" No subtleties in my family

Gillian
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Swing your pants, noticed you are from Bracknell. We have been here since last May (live in Kingsley) and are from Maidenhead. Do you like it so far?

Jo
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Just arrived in Perth

Originally Posted by lang81
Hi guys,

A big hello to you all
arrived in south perth a month ago, just got a rented house sorted move in on monday in Duncraig lovely area really nice house. just got my 5 year old enrolled in the local primary school today which is a 3min walk he starts 31st jan. our container has already arrived and just gone through customs arriving at the new place a week after moving in.
love to here from anybody......
michelle x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.