Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just arrived in Mosman, Sydney from the UK

Just arrived in Mosman, Sydney from the UK

Old Mar 17th 2011, 6:53 am
Just Joined

IandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really nice
Default Just arrived in Mosman, Sydney from the UK

Hi

We're in our mid 40s and have recently moved to Mosman, from Gloucesteshire in the UK. Really keen to meet up with any other expats in the area.

Look forward to hearing from others in a similar position.

Ian and Karyn
Old Mar 19th 2011, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just arrived in Mosman, Sydney from the UK

Welcome to Sydney!! Tell us a bit more about yourselves please....we're quite nosey you know!

Sorry it is raining here- did you bring the British weather with you??
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:34 am
Just Joined

IandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really niceIandK is just really nice

I know, the past few days have been rather wet ... !

Anyway, you wanted to know more about us ...

Ian is into rugby and has been a keen Gloucester supporter for many years. I am into the gym but also have a passion for latin and ballroom dancing. I haven't signed up anywhere in Sydney yet but will be looking to do so soon.

We have two grown up children - one living in Australia and one on his worldwide travels.

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:20 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IandK
I know, the past few days have been rather wet ... !

Anyway, you wanted to know more about us ...

Ian is into rugby and has been a keen Gloucester supporter for many years. I am into the gym but also have a passion for latin and ballroom dancing. I haven't signed up anywhere in Sydney yet but will be looking to do so soon.

We have two grown up children - one living in Australia and one on his worldwide travels.

Welcome to you both, I am in Seaforth just across the Spit Bridge, late 40's, wife younger (age unkown to protect my testicles!!!) and young 6 yr child demon in tow!!
Enjoy your time here, are you on PR or 457 Visa??
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Many thanks. We are permanent residents.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

princio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Welcome to the neighbourhood, We have been in Mosman since January.

We're always up for a beer or a meet up.

There's also a regular meet up in the CBD every thursday it's at the grand hotel on hunter st. it's the link a few above this one. They're a good bunch and have made some good friends from it.

Be good to see you there tomorrow if you can make one in or PM us and we'll go to the Duck for a beer sometime.

Cheers,

Andy & Hayley

Originally Posted by IandK
Hi

We're in our mid 40s and have recently moved to Mosman, from Gloucesteshire in the UK. Really keen to meet up with any other expats in the area.

Look forward to hearing from others in a similar position.

Ian and Karyn
Old Mar 30th 2011, 3:40 am
GAE
Just Joined

GAE is just really niceGAE is just really niceGAE is just really niceGAE is just really niceGAE is just really niceGAE is just really niceGAE is just really niceGAE is just really nice
Wink Re: Just arrived in Mosman, Sydney from the UK

Hi there,
We also live in Seaforth, are in our mid 40's and have 3 teenage children. We have been here for 3 years now on a 457 Visa. Just debating whether to sell up our house in Buckingham and go for residency here. Mind you with the exchange rate at the moment - the proceeds will just about buy a beach shack. I go out dog walking every day and I also try to run 3 times a week. If you are interested in joining me for a coffee or a walk - get in touch. would be happy to show you the local amenities.

xx