British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Is it just Adelaide? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/just-adelaide-397962/)

busterboy Sep 22nd 2006 10:51 pm

Re: Is it just Adelaide?

Originally Posted by christinabell
Oh god Ive heard everything now. I must be in the minority seeing as Im not in the "fair percentage" that take anti depressants. What study or statistical report have you based this statement on .. or is it just your personal observation ?

...he'll be too stoned to answer you..... :)

christinabell Sep 22nd 2006 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by busterboy
...he'll be too stoned to answer you..... :)

Oh no !! Now Im depressed he wont answer. Anyone got any anti depressants I can take ? :D

Wendy Sep 22nd 2006 10:55 pm

Oh no !! Now Im depressed he wont answer. Anyone got any anti depressants I can take ? :D

You can have some of mine if you like. ;)

Pollyana Sep 22nd 2006 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
You can have some of mine if you like. ;)

You're not getting mine, I need them myself :eek:

busterboy Sep 22nd 2006 11:01 pm

I'll bring some over with me for you....you should be able to sell them at a good price over there, what with all the depressed people, they should reach a premium. :)

christinabell Sep 22nd 2006 11:07 pm

I'll bring some over with me for you....you should be able to sell them at a good price over there, what with all the depressed people, they should reach a premium. :)

PMSL . Maybe we could set up a company similar to Avon and go knocking on peoples doors... Ding Dong.. Anti depressants calling :D

busterboy Sep 22nd 2006 11:08 pm

PMSL . Maybe we could set up a company similar to Avon and go knocking on peoples doors... Ding Dong.. Anti depressants calling :D

ding dong Prozac calling :)

busterboy Sep 22nd 2006 11:09 pm

advert begins.....'is the price of bananas getting YOU down....? :)

christinabell Sep 22nd 2006 11:10 pm

advert begins.....'is the price of bananas getting YOU down....? :)

Oh my god. Thats it !! Thats why we are on anti depressants. Its all because of the bananas LOL

busterboy Sep 22nd 2006 11:12 pm

Oh my god. Thats it !! Thats why we are on anti depressants. Its all because of the bananas LOL

...a banana a day keeps the doctor away!

Centurion Sep 23rd 2006 12:45 am

Originally Posted by sassenach
Australians are only telling you because a fair percentage are doped up on anti 'depressants to get them through each mind numbing day .

What complete rubbish. According to the World Health Organisation anti depressants are prescribed in UK far more than Australia pro rata. Probably more need them to get through each miserable day in an overpopulated melting pot of social disaster. Maybe you should lay off yours a while and perhaps the cinisism disorder will be eased ? ;)

moneypenny20 Sep 23rd 2006 12:51 am

I can honestly say I haven't read so much complete and utter bow lox for a long long time. Get a grip people :rolleyes:

Centurion Sep 23rd 2006 12:55 am

Originally Posted by arkon
So the country can only have happy and contented little citizens that have to like every shitty thing about it with no complaints allowed because it is the lucky country, the best country in the world. It must be true because the Australians keep telling me it is.

Actually I think it is the best country in the world for me and my family. Its clearly not for you. I think your hundreds of posts moaning about every facet of Australian life that has the misfortune of crossing your path established that some time ago.

However, as much as we can accept that you hate Australia, you should realise that some of us love it. You dont have to agree with my viewpoint since I certainly dont agree with yours. The only difference is I voted with my feet on the issue and left the country that exasperated me.

Centurion Sep 23rd 2006 12:58 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I can honestly say I haven't read so much complete and utter bow lox for a long long time. Get a grip people :rolleyes:

Oh of course you have! Remember the last thread that turned into the Australia is awesome / UK is crap - or was it the other way around ? I forget...must be the drugs :)

thebears Sep 23rd 2006 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
OK, I will. :)

I used to wear thongs when I was a kid, but I don't anymore. I also used to go barefoot quite a lot, but these days I'm only barefoot around the house.

One of the things I miss about Australia now that I'm living in the UK, is going to the supermarket in the evening and seeing kiddies in their pyjamas and dressing gowns, out for the late night shopping with mum and dad. :cool:

I still go barefoot mate, Just not walking down the street. In the car, at the Gas station and at the boat ramp but not the high street - but give me a heat wave and I might go back to my old ways :D

Hutch Sep 23rd 2006 2:55 am

Only time I feel a need to reach for the anti-depressents is when I read the bigotted shite spouted by some of the stuck-up nonentities on this forum.

busterboy Sep 23rd 2006 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
Only time I feel a need to reach for the anti-depressents is when I read the bigotted shite spouted by some of the stuck-up nonentities on this forum.

Gee, in the mood for mincing your words Hutch?? :)

Australia_bound? Sep 23rd 2006 7:30 am

85% is a pretty specific figure. I'd be interested to know how you arrived at it.

No, but I can confirm that it is the same all over the West Midlands. :)

Vash you're an Aussie how can you possibly comment on anyones fashion tastes lol :p :D

The late 70's are all the rage in Aus, only thing is, this has been going on for decades :D

Clippy Sep 23rd 2006 7:40 am

85% is a pretty specific figure. I'd be interested to know how you arrived at it.

No, but I can confirm that it is the same all over the West Midlands. :)

Vash! :mad:

Wendy Sep 23rd 2006 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?

The late 70's are all the rage in Aus, only thing is, this has been going on for decades

What you mean unlike the UK 70's style fashion ;)

http://britishexpats.com/blogs/uploads/w/Wendy/551.jpg

http://britishexpats.com/blogs/uploads/w/Wendy/552.jpg

http://britishexpats.com/blogs/uploads/w/Wendy/553.jpg

Yep, these little beauties :confused: are in this years Grattan catalogue :D

thebears Sep 23rd 2006 4:47 pm

Yep, these little beauties are in this years Grattan catalogue :D

Skip the top and bottom. Middle one is nice :D

Wendy Sep 23rd 2006 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by thebears

:scared:

Too brown and flowery :)

thebears Sep 23rd 2006 4:53 pm

:scared:

Too brown and flowery :)

But the dress is okay :D

Wendy Sep 23rd 2006 4:54 pm

But the dress is okay :D

PMSL :D

Pollyana Sep 23rd 2006 5:03 pm

What you mean unlike the UK 70's style fashion ;)

Yep, these little beauties :confused: are in this years Grattan catalogue :D

The middle one would probably go down a storm up here in Qld. ;) Very "in" :confused:

Wendy Sep 23rd 2006 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The middle one would probably go down a storm up here in Qld. ;) Very "in" :confused:

My problem is I'm stuck in the 80's :o Not them shoulder pad thingies though :scared: I mean the drain pipe jeans and leather bands round your wrist type of thing ;) :o

jad n rich Sep 23rd 2006 5:06 pm

Think that trend will die when it gets humid and the polyester starts sticking to your armpits and butt cheeks :D :D

jad n rich Sep 23rd 2006 5:08 pm

My problem is I'm stuck in the 80's :o Not them shoulder pad thingies though :scared: I mean the drain pipe jeans and leather bands round your wrist type of thing ;) :o

Move to qld, very fashionable here, again could change once humidity hits and peoples legs start to swell :D

Australia_bound? Sep 23rd 2006 5:11 pm

Sorry didn't notice what they were wearing all looked damn good to me lol ;)

Pollyana Sep 23rd 2006 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Think that trend will die when it gets humid and the polyester starts sticking to your armpits and butt cheeks :D :D

Yep, it'll be back to baggy cotton frocks, exposed grubby bra straps, and sloppy sandals that they keep walking out of :eek: And thats the well-dressed ones :D

jad n rich Sep 23rd 2006 5:20 pm

Yep, it'll be back to baggy cotton frocks, exposed grubby bra straps, and sloppy sandals that they keep walking out of :eek: And thats the well-dressed ones :D

Grubby bra straps, yeeghhh, I hate hate hate that look, stand behind someone in a line and they appear :eek: , I always feel like commenting :D Excuse me dear your bra could do with a good wash :D

Wendy Sep 23rd 2006 5:21 pm

Move to qld, very fashionable here, again could change once humidity hits and peoples legs start to swell :D

It's OK, I think I'll stay here in SA thanks ;)

jad n rich Sep 23rd 2006 5:23 pm

It's OK, I think I'll stay here in SA thanks ;)

You might have to skip the drainpipes in an adelaide summer :scared: would be like oven roasting in a sausage skin :D

Wendy Sep 23rd 2006 5:27 pm

You might have to skip the drainpipes in an adelaide summer :scared: would be like oven roasting in a sausage skin :D

It's OK, I'll get my muffin top out, wear a skirt that's like a belt and walk round with bare feet.

I want to at least try to fit in a bit :D

Pollyana Sep 23rd 2006 6:04 pm

It's OK, I'll get my muffin top out, wear a skirt that's like a belt and walk round with bare feet.

I want to at least try to fit in a bit :D

You'll fit right in if you move up here ;)

Wendy Sep 23rd 2006 6:05 pm

You'll fit right in if you move up here ;)

It's the same here :D

Well, no it depends where abouts you are, there seems to be a different dress code for different suburbs :confused:

Pollyana Sep 23rd 2006 6:14 pm

It's the same here :D

Well, no it depends where abouts you are, there seems to be a different dress code for different suburbs :confused:

Same in Qld, if you're in a posh area you go shopping in thongs as opposed to bare feet ;)

thebears Sep 23rd 2006 6:15 pm

Same in Qld, if you're in a posh area you go shopping in thongs as opposed to bare feet ;)

Seen plenty of barefeet in Toorak last summer

jad n rich Sep 23rd 2006 6:16 pm

And if your in WA you save the thongs for smart occasions like weddings :D

Wendy Sep 23rd 2006 6:18 pm

Thankfully, I've only seen bare feet at the beach.

Mind you it's been a bit cold, so maybe it's a pleasure I've yet to encounter :scared: