Reload this Page >

Just about had enough......

Wikiposts

Just about had enough......

Old Jun 11th 2004, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just about had enough......

Oh my god Sandra i am so so sorry, seems like Mann Countrywide are the same wherever you live, i cannot believe that they have ****ed up not once but more than once! The sooner i get out the better eh?
i suggest that you put your complaint about the carpet, kitchen floor and mess up with the viewings in writing to the Manager and cc it to their Regional Manager, complaints are taking seriously if you put it in writing mate
Rach xxxxxxxx
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Had house with one estate agents. they were crap.
After much discussion we went with Mann & Co yesterday, baring in mind they are quite expensive and no matter how much bartering you do they will not drop their fee, as they state their service is worth it.

Okay we sign up.
have 2 viewings on the 1st day. First one a bloke, and they give nothing away.
Second viewing was a couple. the girl was nearly wetting herself with exitement and they nwere both oooing and arring. we are in here thinks me.

In the meantime the dozy estate agent is wearing really high pointed boots. Not only has she ut liitle holes in me kitchen floor she drags her feet when sje walks and has put 3 huge puckers in my carpet!! Mick is livid.

They then tell us we have a 4pm and 4.30pm viewing today.

Next, they just ring me. Can we do 3pm today.
I suggest they push back to 3.30pm, so we have 3 together. they then say they dont know what I am talking about as they have nothing booked in.

I wrote all the times down so i know where I am coming from.

On top of that she then said the `oooher and arrrer` really loved it but needed a 3 bedder.

WHY bring em round. We have 2 bedrooms.

I am so pi**ed off I am gonna kill someone!!
Sandra be prepared for loads of time wasters,but when you think you will never sell it ,someone will turn up who thinks its perfect put their offer in etc.
When we sold our last house I have to admitt I hated showing people around cos at the end of the day its still your house .
Best of luck with it all we won't have to go through it for a while yet but dreading it all the same when our time comes to sell.
Cheers Dreamaway Gaynor
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had mine up for 4 weeks an we're having our 21st and 22nd viewing tomorrow!

Its now got to the stage that I just hand them a Tour Guide Map at the door and a pre-recorded tape with my sales pitch on it and and tell them to have fun!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

just wanted to say, I know how you feel.

After acepting an offer 10k under the asking price to a lovely couple who fell in love with the house and were in a really good position (only 2 in chain) we thought it was all sorted.

However, estate agent rings & says is it okay if buyers come round with parents, this was no problem. They both had big smiles and even bigger smiles when i offered to leave fridge, dishwasher & cooker. said goodbye, then 1 hour later (my kids bedtime!) they were back with his sister wanting her to see it, because they were soooo excited!!!

Next morning, got a phone call from the estate agent to say, Bad news your buyers have changed their minds!!!!!! found a house with a loft conversion and have decided to go for that!!!!!

Its not the agents fault and I appreciate its a big step buying a house, but I wish people would think more carefully about what they want before making an offer!!!!!!

back to keep the house spotless with 2 toddlers!!!

bit fed up Daihla
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:20 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by The McGintys
just wanted to say, I know how you feel.

After acepting an offer 10k under the asking price to a lovely couple who fell in love with the house and were in a really good position (only 2 in chain) we thought it was all sorted.

However, estate agent rings & says is it okay if buyers come round with parents, this was no problem. They both had big smiles and even bigger smiles when i offered to leave fridge, dishwasher & cooker. said goodbye, then 1 hour later (my kids bedtime!) they were back with his sister wanting her to see it, because they were soooo excited!!!

Next morning, got a phone call from the estate agent to say, Bad news your buyers have changed their minds!!!!!! found a house with a loft conversion and have decided to go for that!!!!!

Its not the agents fault and I appreciate its a big step buying a house, but I wish people would think more carefully about what they want before making an offer!!!!!!

back to keep the house spotless with 2 toddlers!!!

bit fed up Daihla
Oh no Daihla!!
That's awful!!! Talk about being totally led up the garden path!!!! You'd be forgiven for making dolls of these people and sticking enormous pins in 'em......lets face it you could make pretty accurate ones...you've seen enough of 'em!!

Fingers crossed you get another buyer soon!

Are you coming to the meet this afternoon????

Petra
Old Jun 13th 2004, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

It's like i told boomie,

All you need to do is get a friend ( preferably female ) to be sunbathing topless in next doors garden whilst your viewings take place.

Never fails, our " sale of house " took three days.
Went on market wednesday afternoon, saturday dinner got an offer 5k over asking price.

Paul
Old Jun 13th 2004, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea paul, but the only problem is our neighbour is 76, she maybe past topless sunbathing!!!!

Cheers petra, would have loved to come to the 'meet' but had a bbq to go to, will try to come to the next one, with hubby and
2 sprogs (may consider getting MIL to look after them!!)

Where do you live in portsmouth? I am in cosham/drayton.

Cheers again for your replies

Daihla

Old Jul 13th 2004, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally posted by sjn2003
Couldn't get much worse for you could it ?!

Have low expectations of all viewers and even lower of your estate agent, and then you will be only mildly p@~ssed off - that's my plan to try and maintain a level of sanity

I also had a `oooher and arrrer` (great phrase!) on Monday - said she definitely wanted a second viewing with friends. Since then she won't answer estate agents calls and has disappeared without trace...what's all that about ??

I think some people are just out to waste your time. If I was you I would be deducting the cost of the carpet from their commission of they ever sell your house ! How stupid for an estate agent to wear shoes that can damage flooring

At least its the weekend soon
hi, i really feel for you all , we are here on the sunny coast ,nine months now , but that ooher & arrrer came to our house as well , make you so bloody sick , half of them have nothing better to do on a sat , then tried to knock us down 10 grand , already dropped it 20 , nxt day she said it was to big !!! silly cow , oops sorry . anyway lots of luck to you all . xxxx debs