Reload this Page >

Just about had enough......

Wikiposts

Just about had enough......

Old Jun 10th 2004, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just about had enough......

Had house with one estate agents. they were crap.
After much discussion we went with Mann & Co yesterday, baring in mind they are quite expensive and no matter how much bartering you do they will not drop their fee, as they state their service is worth it.

Okay we sign up.
have 2 viewings on the 1st day. First one a bloke, and they give nothing away.
Second viewing was a couple. the girl was nearly wetting herself with exitement and they nwere both oooing and arring. we are in here thinks me.

In the meantime the dozy estate agent is wearing really high pointed boots. Not only has she ut liitle holes in me kitchen floor she drags her feet when sje walks and has put 3 huge puckers in my carpet!! Mick is livid.

They then tell us we have a 4pm and 4.30pm viewing today.

Next, they just ring me. Can we do 3pm today.
I suggest they push back to 3.30pm, so we have 3 together. they then say they dont know what I am talking about as they have nothing booked in.

I wrote all the times down so i know where I am coming from.

On top of that she then said the `oooher and arrrer` really loved it but needed a 3 bedder.

WHY bring em round. We have 2 bedrooms.

I am so pi**ed off I am gonna kill someone!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like you're not alone!! Why waste your time? Take a deep breathe and have a glass of wine or two
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just about had enough......

Originally posted by S Oldfield
After much discussion we went with Mann & Co yesterday, baring in mind they are quite expensive and no matter how much bartering you do they will not drop their fee, as they state their service is worth it.

Okay we sign up.
Second viewing was a couple. the girl was nearly wetting herself with exitement and they nwere both oooing and arring. we are in here thinks me.

In the meantime the dozy estate agent is wearing really high pointed boots. Not only has she ut liitle holes in me kitchen floor she drags her feet when sje walks and has put 3 huge puckers in my carpet!! Mick is livid.

I suggest they push back to 3.30pm, so we have 3 together. they then say they dont know what I am talking about as they have nothing booked in.

On top of that she then said the `oooher and arrrer` really loved it but needed a 3 bedder.

They're fantastic aren't they. You've gotta wonder how estate agents are created.

We managed to haggle for a two week , not notice period, 1% +VAT deal. Good A? . I then sacked them after those two weeks as they were shite (Regal)....then we went with Harrisons who did a 1% incl VAT. They were good.

But I do like to shout at estate agents , I mean, they deserve don't they .
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Okay we sign up.

Couldn't get much worse for you could it ?!

Have low expectations of all viewers and even lower of your estate agent, and then you will be only mildly p@~ssed off - that's my plan to try and maintain a level of sanity

I also had a `oooher and arrrer` (great phrase!) on Monday - said she definitely wanted a second viewing with friends. Since then she won't answer estate agents calls and has disappeared without trace...what's all that about ??

I think some people are just out to waste your time. If I was you I would be deducting the cost of the carpet from their commission of they ever sell your house ! How stupid for an estate agent to wear shoes that can damage flooring

At least its the weekend soon
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Bllomin 'ek Sandra!
I just had a viewer, not a dickie bird though. I have had $od all feedback from the estate agents... got another viewing tomroow morning.
There's only one thing for it... Petra and I will just have to ensure you get legless tomorrow, right?

Larissa
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

I cant believe how unlucky we are being. My house is beautiful and a lot of viewers have said so. But they want 3 bedders.
It quite clearly says 2 bedrooms on the flyer.
it is a bloody nightmare with 2 teenage boys making a mess. whilst I also work full time.

I even have to try and do my washing and ironing in between viewings.

Washing went on line at 6.30 this morning and I will have to rush through the traffic to get it back in for the 3.30 appt.

Dont want anyone seeing my sexy drawers do I?

mind you I phoned the agents about half hour ago and they were gonna get the manager to ring me back.
have they bothered?

Like hell they have
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Well Sandra!

I was not looking forward to putting our house up for sale - but I sure am dreading it now

Thats one of the things I'm worried about, finding the time to keep house looking 'not lived in' for potential buyers which is what they all seem to want:scared: Totally impossible with two teenage sons!! (I can hear myself screaming now)!

Like you say - why send people around who definately want a 3 bedroom house if you have a 2 - bl..dy annoying or what

Keep your chin up - hopefully you'll get a buyer soon.

Cheers
Gill
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:26 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

You lot fill me with confidence.

Just put my house on the market yesterday.
Then nearly died when I had a viewing yetserday lunch time.
Even had prompt feedback at 10 o'clock this morning.
It was a no go but at least I was kept informed.

Guess I will be another ranting and raving about estate agents.

TT

Originally posted by Bix da Boss
Well Sandra!

I was not looking forward to putting our house up for sale - but I sure am dreading it now

Thats one of the things I'm worried about, finding the time to keep house looking 'not lived in' for potential buyers which is what they all seem to want:scared: Totally impossible with two teenage sons!! (I can hear myself screaming now)!

Like you say - why send people around who definately want a 3 bedroom house if you have a 2 - bl..dy annoying or what

Keep your chin up - hopefully you'll get a buyer soon.

Cheers
Gill
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:30 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandra,
Sounds bloody awful, you poor thing. At least the new ones are getting a few viewings quickly??? (trying to find something positive to cheer you up).
Fingers crossed for you,
Michaela
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Okay we sign up.

I would be inclined to drop them a line pointing out the damage that they caused to your carpet/floor. Then threaten to deduct costs from their fee or to terminate their sole agency agreement early. If you can still get away with it I wouldn't pay their fee through the Solicitor either. THen after the've sold your house you can carry on arguing over the damaged floor and drag out holding onto their fee.

Just tell them that you will forward them a cheque from Australia...............................

Hope you get them!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

I just rang em again as they didnt get back to me as promised.
The manager answered the phone.
I had to explain it all again. he said is the caroet okay now. well said I ..I have had to get the long threads off as close to the bottom of the pile as possible and sort of rub the carpet to hide the run. I then ststaed that when I hoover it the hoover will probably pick up the loose threads and run again.

He said. When Sharon comes round for todays 3.30pm viewing (apparently the others were an office mix up), he will make sure she doesnt wear boots.

What a lot of good is that?

And yesterday her name was Kerry?????
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon / Kerry who cares!

Just get'em to take their shoes off before entering your beautiful house After all, you dont want anymore carpet 'threads' do you

Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

I just rang em again as they didnt get back to me as promised.
The manager answered the phone.
I had to explain it all again. he said is the caroet okay now. well said I ..I have had to get the long threads off as close to the bottom of the pile as possible and sort of rub the carpet to hide the run. I then ststaed that when I hoover it the hoover will probably pick up the loose threads and run again.

He said. When Sharon comes round for todays 3.30pm viewing (apparently the others were an office mix up), he will make sure she doesnt wear boots.

What a lot of good is that?

And yesterday her name was Kerry?????
Let the viewers in, tell the bloody estate agent to wait outside
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:22 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I know how you feel Oldy, we live in a 3 bed 3 storey terraced townhouse, with a small back garden which is stoned with planter pots.
So what do the estate agents do, send an old geezer round, bout 85. FEEDBACK- TOO MANY STAIRS, I said to the agent, "u avin' a larf or wot!!!!!!!, its a 3 storey FFS".
Next a family with 2 small kids, FEEDBACK- GARDEN TOO SMALL WITH NO GRASS, I said "u avin' a larf or wot, u know it aint got grass!!!!!!!!!!! and its a townhouse"
The final straw came when a nice couple came round. FEEDBACK- WE WANTED A 4 BED DETACHED, I said "u avin' a ****n larf or wot, u know its a 3bed 3 story terraced", they said "sorry we sent them to the wrong house and they didn't want to say, apart from its a lovely house"

Luckily for the agents they sold the place for us a few weeks later,
MELBOURNE HERE WE COME
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:54 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you

..and these so called professionals disrupt our plans and cause us grief. ....If I ruled the world.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.