Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

June 20th visas issued

June 20th visas issued

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Mike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura about
Default June 20th visas issued

I see that 2 people have had visas issued today and they were received at processing on 20 june. I thought the date from aspc was 20 April.

My date was 10 June does this mean I am going to get my visa soon.

Any Ideas
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:48 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 20th visas issued

Originally Posted by Mike B
I see that 2 people have had visas issued today and they were received at processing on 20 june. I thought the date from aspc was 20 April.

Any Ideas
Ours is from June 16th and we're not expecting a visa until Dec 1-15th, and that's with frontloaded police checks and medicals.

Not sure where you saw the two visas from June 20th. Are you sure they were skilled independent visas? I would love to see where you saw that as I would get excited too.

I regularly check timeline and the April-June spreadsheet done by sa-redback. The closest visa grant to mine was robinsonclan who were on May 26th. The rest of the grants have been end of April to mid May.

Haley
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:53 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I do see two visa from mid June on the spreadsheet but they are special visas that are granted very quickly. They have been there for at least a month or two now. So unfortunately for all of us June applicants those ones have no bearing on how fast ours will come.

Haley

P.S. I am on here just about every few hours to see if any new visas have been issue. I do believe I will have a big celebration for the first 136 June application!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Mike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura about

Hi Haley,

The Robinson clans email was acknowledged on 20 June 2006.

Mike B
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

The Robinson clan is a 136 modl 20 June 2006
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:21 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Could I please get the link for the spreadsheet please.
Andrea
xx
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

http://www.be-forum.co.uk/visaapps/april-june06.htm
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike B

Any Ideas
Just looked at spreadsheet and they were actually acknowledged on that date, their actual visa was posted on 26th and received on 30th may.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:10 pm
Canuck/Aussie

As exciting as that is I don't think we should be using the acknowledgment dates as a reference.

The robinsonclan application was lodged on May 30th, this is the most important date to go by, not the acknowledgment. This means the documents were received on May 30th not on June 20th.

So if your visa arrived at ASPC at the end of May by all means get excited. But if they arrived on June 10th, then you've still got about 4-6 weeks of waiting to do. Those couple visa at the end of May are by no means the norm. They are still finishing off April right now.

Haley

Last edited by comet555; Nov 2nd 2006 at 8:12 pm.