Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jumping the queue… 136 Skilled Independent

Jumping the queue… 136 Skilled Independent

Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:13 pm
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all
Default Jumping the queue… 136 Skilled Independent

Waiting fever has finally hit me today... I'm reading http://www.immi.gov.au properly again for the first time in ages... the next few weeks will be pure torture!

Extract on application processing procedure from: http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...c_timefrms.htm
================================================== =
Once you have submitted a valid General Skilled Migration visa application, processing of your application will commence.
Processing commences with an initial assessment by a case officer. This usually takes place within seven working days of the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC) receiving your application.
If your application is complete, your application will be assessed and you will be advised of the decision taken on your application, or advised of any final administrative steps that need to be completed prior to grant of your visa.
If your application is not complete, an initial assessment will be made and you will receive an acknowledgment letter that includes the following information… SNIP
================================================== =
They make it sound like a fully frontloaded application would proceed to straight to grant.

Sounds very very fishy........ Anyone want to try it ?? Just print out the "processing your application" page and attach to the top of your 47SK, you should have that grant letter by this time next week...

(I am JOKING - please don't try this at home...)
Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jumping the queue… 136 Skilled Independent

well
but look at words... "will be assessed.." doesn't mean "..is assessed as positive .." - will be yes or not
but read what they write everyone:
"...Your application will be assessed in approximately 4-5 months and your case officer will contact you at this time to advise of the next stage in the process..."

so after 6 months they start to check an aplicant, and they see, also they need to do so called internal checks, it means they check you in australian inteligence service, this is also written on immi.gov I think the aussi inteligence works together with british MI5&6 and Gods know only what they know about you, your lifestyle, and whet they can provide; aslo if yuo were in Oz, visas numbers, and maybe more
check www.austimeline.com and enter in search engine words "visa refused" and see how many persons were refused, even after 1 year since acknowledgment;
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:44 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Conrad242
well
but look at words... "will be assessed.." doesn't mean "..is assessed as positive .." - will be yes or not
but read what they write everyone:
"...Your application will be assessed in approximately 4-5 months and your case officer will contact you at this time to advise of the next stage in the process..."

so after 6 months they start to check an aplicant, and they see, also they need to do so called internal checks, it means they check you in australian inteligence service, this is also written on immi.gov I think the aussi inteligence works together with british MI5&6 and Gods know only what they know about you, your lifestyle, and whet they can provide; aslo if yuo were in Oz, visas numbers, and maybe more
check www.austimeline.com and enter in search engine words "visa refused" and see how many persons were refused, even after 1 year since acknowledgment;
Oh my days

I shouldnt have gone on that site I really shouldnt.

I just get over my imaginary HIV and TB and now I have imaginary MI5 and MI6 and Australian Intelligence people saying 'sod off' to hubby.

(Shuffles out of forum with head hanging)

Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light

so please read this:

http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/a...01122005_1.htm

an applicant must not be assessed by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (“ASIO”) as a risk to security, within the meaning of the ASIO Act. Similarly, it will be a ground for cancellation of a visa where the holder is assessed by ASIO as a risk to security, within the meaning of the ASIO Act.

what do you think about it now?
and you can be sure if they check you via inteligence, they don't check you are a danger only, they can check more; they look for a reason to refuse visas;
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:23 pm
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all

I think the aussi inteligence works together with british MI5&6 and Gods know only what they know about you, your lifestyle, and whet they can provide; aslo if yuo were in Oz, visas numbers, and maybe more check http://www.austimeline.com and enter in search engine words "visa refused" and see how many persons were refused, even after 1 year since acknowledgment;
OK - I'll play along - I've a couple of months left to kill... although the final line in the original post was written just for you.

Here is what a search for "visa refused" for the last 1.5 years brings up on http://www.austimeline.com - 8 apps in total of which the first 6 don't sound too bad...

09 Dec, 2005 Applied for State Nomination by SA
27 Oct, 2004 Passport returned with visa
22 Oct, 2005 457 VISA GRANTED
16 Aug, 2005 Visa Granted
03 Jun, 2005 Passport returned with Permanent VISA
14 Dec, 2004 VISA GRANTED!!!! (Letter Dated 14/12/2004)
20 Jan, 2006 Visa was refused (Brazilian Skilled - Independent)
12 Jul, 2005 SIR Visa refused (South African)

So the answer is ONE BRAZILIAN right?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crawling
OK - I'll play along - I've a couple of months left to kill... although the final line in the original post was written just for you.

Here is what a search for "visa refused" for the last 1.5 years brings up on http://www.austimeline.com - 8 apps in total of which the first 6 don't sound too bad...

09 Dec, 2005 Applied for State Nomination by SA
27 Oct, 2004 Passport returned with visa
22 Oct, 2005 457 VISA GRANTED
16 Aug, 2005 Visa Granted
03 Jun, 2005 Passport returned with Permanent VISA
14 Dec, 2004 VISA GRANTED!!!! (Letter Dated 14/12/2004)
20 Jan, 2006 Visa was refused (Brazilian Skilled - Independent)
12 Jul, 2005 SIR Visa refused (South African)

So the answer is ONE BRAZILIAN right?
That's what I got as well
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
That's what I got as well

Well I have more states about me than Australia and I dont mind saying that the post frightened the crap out of me.

Hubby being foreign and all that.

Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:37 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Not so sure about the guy who was refused cos his credit card changed?

Sounds iffy, surely they would contact you and ask for more information or an alternative payment method........
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben
Not so sure about the guy who was refused cos his credit card changed?

Sounds iffy, surely they would contact you and ask for more information or an alternative payment method........

Its true, when you think of how many apply, I wonder if many get refused.

Im just a lump of paranoia as my husbands character checks could take some time.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:41 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Its true, when you think of how many apply, I wonder if many get refused.

Im just a lump of paranoia as my husbands character checks could take some time.
I am in a state or paranoia as well Sam, and for no particular reason just paranoid and feeling a little pesamistic, makes it so much more uplifting if you get a YES hey?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben
I am in a state or paranoia as well Sam, and for no particular reason just paranoid and feeling a little pesamistic, makes it so much more uplifting if you get a YES hey?
I cant seem to shake off this mental exhaustion since the medicals. I had built up so much to it, worried and fretted about it and then was told I am disgustingly healthy in every way.

A BE member asked me tonight, 'what are you going to worry about now the meds are done?'

Well I think this months worry will be foreign character checks on my husband

(Sam curls up in a tiny ball on the sofa, fretting for The Lombard to come and reassure her)
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:53 pm
No longer waiting....

http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/a...01122005_1.htm

an applicant must not be assessed by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (“ASIO”) as a risk to security, within the meaning of the ASIO Act. Similarly, it will be a ground for cancellation of a visa where the holder is assessed by ASIO as a risk to security, within the meaning of the ASIO Act.

what do you think about it now?
and you can be sure if they check you via inteligence, they don't check you are a danger only, they can check more; they look for a reason to refuse visas;
You have lost me again. What is your point???

Your conspiracy theory is seriously backloaded rather than frontloaded...... They should abolish all background checks for Brazilians? If they look for a reason to refuse a visa and find it then.... that should be an automatic grant? For Brazilians only?

My OFFTOPIC view: I want them to background check me (and everyone else) asap so we can safely get on with granting the visas... Like most people I suspect I have little to fear within the meaning of the ASIO Act.

I am however a bit worried about my MI5 checklist and folios - does that count?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:00 pm

You have lost me again. What is your point???

Your conspiracy theory is seriously backloaded rather than frontloaded...... They should abolish all background checks for Brazilians? If they look for a reason to refuse a visa and find it then.... that should be an automatic grant? For Brazilians only?

My OFFTOPIC view: I want them to background check me (and everyone else) asap so we can safely get on with granting the visas... Like most people I suspect I have little to fear within the meaning of the ASIO Act.

I am however a bit worried about my MI5 checklist and folios - does that count?
LOL

My husband said the same, the more checks they do the better. It was the 'they look for a reason to refuse you' bit that got me.

Having had our identity stolen twice, Im just paranoid that something is done in our name.

But hey, I have to have something to worry about
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:02 pm
No longer waiting....

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Hubby being foreign and all that.
I'm sure everything will be fine in the end. You could correctly argue that the ratio of Australian visas granted to foreigners = 100%

As a UK applicant I feel lucky - I know some background checks will be easier than others.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:05 pm

I'm sure everything will be fine in the end. You could correctly argue that the ratio of Australian visas granted to foreigners = 100%

As a UK applicant I feel lucky - I know some background checks will be easier than others.

We did submit, although we didnt need to, a police cert from hubbys country as he went for two weeks in Sept 05.

We got it anyway and put it in with our application.

We are just waiting on our UK pcc's now, I think they will take the full 40 days by the look of it.

Thats it, I can sleep a bit better.

Karma to you when I can send it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.