Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The joy of coupons..

The joy of coupons..

Old May 25th 2004, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default The joy of coupons..

Aussies seem obsessed with coupons and getting discounts, which is fine by me. Thought I would tell you all about a great book they sell out here called The Entertainment Book.

It cost $60 ( though $12 goes to our school) and it consists of thousands of coupons you can use at restaurants, cafes, Maccas, cinemas, entertainment, car hire, hotels etc.
For example the restaurant ones are for buy 1 meal get another free or 25 % off your total bill.

I am going to have great fun testing every local restaurant that is in there, should get my money back in no time!

Here is the website and they publish them for different states and areas. My one is for The Sunshine & Gold Coasts and Brisbane.

www.entertainmentbook.com.au
Old May 26th 2004, 12:36 am
ABCDiamond

heres another one

www.clevercoupons.com.au

covers gold coast, sunshine coast, brisbane and far north qld

Old May 26th 2004, 12:45 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: The joy of coupons..

We inherited one of those books from some friends who have moved on from Sydney. Most of the vouchers expire on Monday, so we decided to make use of it this morning.
Two for one breakfasts at eatsmart!
That's why I woz late for work this morning
Old May 26th 2004, 2:11 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The joy of coupons..

Originally posted by JulesandChris
We inherited one of those books from some friends who have moved on from Sydney. Most of the vouchers expire on Monday, so we decided to make use of it this morning.
Two for one breakfasts at eatsmart!
That's why I woz late for work this morning
I will offer to get you the new one through one of my kids schools if you want

We found last year we saved over 500/600 dollars easy. The Video Ezy free rentals 1 free per month at $8 and the dry cleaning 30% off paid for the book alone. Hotels are great value too when travelling.

The fast food ones the kids used every one I think! We tried a few restaurants and plan more this year. Visitors benefited from loads of the Sydney trip reductions from the Zoo to Cruise vouchers.

A book so good I need to buy it twice - one from each kids school for fund raising!

Cheers
Old May 26th 2004, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Another thing I like is that here shops expect to get coupons or to be asked if they give a discount. I even heard a woman trying it on in IKea ( needless to say they politely said no) In England people would laugh at you if you were a coupon user, it is not trendy at all!

I went shopping to the Sunshine Plaza last week and my friend pulled out a Buy 1 Get 1 Free for a juice bar and another for a chicken burger bar. It cost us $4.50 each for lunch - couldn't get it for that in England

I can't wait to try out the 30+ restaurants in my book, think of all of those 2-for1 meals to buy yum!
Old May 26th 2004, 6:30 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Another thing I like is that here shops expect to get coupons or to be asked if they give a discount. I even heard a woman trying it on in IKea ( needless to say they politely said no) In England people would laugh at you if you were a coupon user, it is not trendy at all!

I went shopping to the Sunshine Plaza last week and my friend pulled out a Buy 1 Get 1 Free for a juice bar and another for a chicken burger bar. It cost us $4.50 each for lunch - couldn't get it for that in England

I can't wait to try out the 30+ restaurants in my book, think of all of those 2-for1 meals to buy yum!
Wow! This looks really good - anyone know where I get the Melbourne one?

I confess I have become a very untrendy couponoholic and am always saving the ones of the back of the till reciepts - I have 6 buy one get one free vouchers for TGI's - I feel a big night coming on!
Old May 26th 2004, 6:39 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Wow! This looks really good - anyone know where I get the Melbourne one?

I confess I have become a very untrendy couponoholic and am always saving the ones of the back of the till reciepts - I have 6 buy one get one free vouchers for TGI's - I feel a big night coming on!

Cool, I'll meet you down Chapel street Emma. Nothing a Scotsman likes more than buy one get one free vouchers.
Old May 26th 2004, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

xxsparklesxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Those books are fantastic. They even have Macca's in the new one. You soon make up for the $60 fee. Most of the people in our family get one & we all share tickets depending on what we each might use the most. Definately recommended.
Old May 26th 2004, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Is there a clevercoupon website for Melbourne?
Old May 26th 2004, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by xxsparklesxx
Is there a clevercoupon website for Melbourne?
If you go to this site you can order the book for the Melbourne area.

http://www.entertainmentbook.com.au/

Have fun! I am am going to great satisfaction keeping a tally of how much money I have saved ( how sad is that!)
Old May 26th 2004, 6:51 am

They even have Macca's in the new one.
Woohoo!!
Sorry not a fan. They could give it away and I wouldn't want it.
Old May 26th 2004, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

No I'm not a fan of MacDonalds either but the kids in the family think it's fantastic. So it makes it a whole lot cheaper to treat them.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:02 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by JulesandChris
Woohoo!!
Sorry not a fan. They could give it away and I wouldn't want it.
Not even for the healthy chicken ceasar salad with a capuchino ?

Do they have that in the UK MacDonalds aswell ?

Old May 26th 2004, 7:07 am

No I'm not a fan of MacDonalds either but the kids in the family think it's fantastic. So it makes it a whole lot cheaper to treat them.
Ah. Apologies. No kids see.
It all makes sense now.
Actually I was in a MuckDs couple of months back, after a few beers I might add. Seemed like a good idea at the time, sitting beside old Ron on the bench trying to keep a straight face. Isn't he scary? :scared:
Old May 26th 2004, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Have you been to any of those Mc Cafes - very posh!

Anyone would have to be a saint to order a salad with all the smells of those burgers and fries cooking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.