Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Joondalup Poll - where r u from?

View Poll Results: Where are you from? (Must live in Joondalup!)
Manchester
0%
Somewhere near Manchester but I don't like 2 admit it
15.00%
London and home counties
10.00%
Wales
5.00%
Northern Ireland
0%
Scotland
0%
The Midlands
20.00%
South East
10.00%
South West
15.00%
Portsmouth (bit biased here lol)
10.00%
Other (please state)
5.00%
Where is Manchester???
0%
Up North but nowhere near Manchester
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Joondalup Poll - where r u from?

Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Joondalup Poll - where r u from?

Yeah, I have insomnia but thought it might be worth finding out once and for all if Joondalup really is full of Mancunians. (Not that there is anything wrong with that!) If it is full of Northerners then perhaps we could rename it lol.
If you live in Joondalup (covering all burbs of Joondalup), please complete the following poll Ta!
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joondalup Poll - where r u from?

As you can see, we're from Portsmouth & at one point it looked like all of Portsmouth was migrating - please can the last one out turn off the lights
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:27 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
As you can see, we're from Portsmouth & at one point it looked like all of Portsmouth was migrating - please can the last one out turn off the lights
We have met people from all over. I don't know where you get the Northerner thing from. Most of the friends we have met have been from down south. For the record we are from the Midlands and I have seen Cov City football shirts around here.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

we are from Cornwall and have seen a fair mixture of both - most of our friends are Southerners but we know a fair few scousers and Mancunians around Quinns and Joondalup
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi Larissa,

Haven't voted on your poll as we live in Mindarie, but I am from Pompey as well, never bumped into anyone here before from the same place. Most English people I know come from up north!!

Kim
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by worzel
We have met people from all over. I don't know where you get the Northerner thing from. Most of the friends we have met have been from down south. For the record we are from the Midlands and I have seen Cov City football shirts around here.
Yeah, it's just cropped up a few times on the forum so I thought I would find out.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=worze For the record we are from the Midlands and I have seen Cov City football shirts around here. [/QUOTE]
So thats where there fan is hiding
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:37 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
Cov City!!!

It's more The Villa in our house! Although hubby used to live and work in Cov and Kennilworth. We used to live in a little village just outside Leamington Spa and then Bromsgrove.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi Larissa,

Haven't voted on your poll as we live in Mindarie, but I am from Pompey as well, never bumped into anyone here before from the same place. Most English people I know come from up north!!

Kim
Hi Kim, quite a few of us came over last year (they haven't voted yet I think!) - it was funny as we organised a few meets and towards the end they were usually pretty packed.
I guess officially Mindarie is classed as Waneroo I'm not sure exactly where the boundaries are.

Take care
Larissa
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Cov City!!!

It's more The Villa in our house! Although hubby used to live and work in Cov and Kennilworth. We used to live in a little village just outside Leamington Spa and then Bromsgrove.
Thank god we moved to the gold coast as would of hated to have bumped into the one who's brave enough to support V<>*a. Love blue nos .
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Cov City!!!

Oooh, my gran was from Kenilworth (beautiful place) and my dad was evacuated there in the war. My bro and family live in Brum, right near the balti district (yum!). I know a lot of people diss Birmingham, but I always liked going up there for a change and love the accent, my niece is a right little Brummy.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Would we be included in Iluka?

We are from 'dahhhhhhhn saffffff!' (Dorset)
Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:58 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Cov City!!!

I saw a couple of kids at Karinyup the other day wearing Kilmarnock tops. I didn't even know that place had a shop never mind a football team
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Larissa...........I 'polled'. Mind you although we 'came from pompey' to Perth, its only Mick and jake that are from Pompey. I am a Londoner throughout........Toby was also born in South London..........hence Lampards name!!!!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette Jones will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Would we be included in Iluka?

We are from 'dahhhhhhhn saffffff!' (Dorset)

Hi, we are staying in Iluka with Relatives at the moment. Arrived here 4/1/06, love the heat! Whereabouts in the UK were you from and how long have you been here?
Going out tomorrow to hire a car and then begin to search for jobs! After phoning schools and Tafe.

Jeanette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.