Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Joondalup Giants Rugby

Joondalup Giants Rugby

Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:05 am
PommieLeague

Default Giants

The Joondalup Giants are looking for Coaches, Players, Managers, Trainers and Runners for the 2005 Season.
We are already in preparation mode for next season, with a hope that we can field teams in the following grades

SENIORS: First Grade and Premier Grade

JUNIORS:
Under 18
Under 16
Under 14
Under 13
Under 12
Under 11
Under 10
Under 9
Under 8
Under 7

All those interested in Coaching or Managing a team for next season please forward an expression of interest, detailing:
* Your experience
* The team you are most interested in Coaching/ Managing.
* Your current address and phone number.

These can be posted to:
The President,
Joondalup Giants Rugby League Club,
P.O Box 88,
Hillarys 6025

or be given to the Club Secretary on a training night / game day

Any person wishing to join our highly committed team of Trainers and Water Runners please also forward an expression of interest with your personal information and the club will then organise the appropriate training.

The Joondalup Giants are preparing to select Coaches and Managers for next season and would like to have this finalized by the end of October, to allow for planning and preparation for a successful season in 2005.

For any further information please contact:

Paul Brown
email [email protected]

Last edited by Lathlain; Mar 9th 2005 at 10:37 am.

Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

BillyGoatGruff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joondalup Giants Rugby

<DONS FLAMEPROOF JACKET>

when i saw the title was rugby i clicked on it. i didn't realise you meant the inferior cousin ! I once did go along to league training when they first moved to summer - i'd seen some guys training on gigg lane in bury and they let me join in... then i realised that it was swinton! that was a tiring training session....
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:39 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
<DONS FLAMEPROOF JACKET>

when i saw the title was rugby i clicked on it. i didn't realise you meant the inferior cousin ! I once did go along to league training when they first moved to summer - i'd seen some guys training on gigg lane in bury and they let me join in... then i realised that it was swinton! that was a tiring training session....
Inferior my @rse

Swinton? Ah well no sympathy from me.

Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Inferior my @rse

Swinton? Ah well no sympathy from me.

I used to play rugby (civilised) for leigh (or leeeth if you prefer ), and we used to play against a lot of bone crunching old leagers.

I will be looking for a union club to play for when we move to carramar at the end of the month.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:51 am
PommieLeague

I used to play rugby (civilised) for leigh (or leeeth if you prefer ), and we used to play against a lot of bone crunching old leagers.

I will be looking for a union club to play for when we move to carramar at the end of the month.
Didnt kn ow the play yawnion in Leigh. I assumed it was a League town. Bad news they are bottom.

So why not give League a go or arent you fit enough?

Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Sorry but I just have to ask this. You obviously like League a lot - why have you come to Perth ?

Do you think the absence of any real rugby league will be a constant thorn in your side or do you think your passion for it will fade as the years go by ?

One things for sure - the odd game on telly and well meaning amateurs like Joondalup is no substitute for seeing your own team week in week out.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lathlain
So why not give League a go or arent you fit enough?
well no, but to be honest it's the grinding, invisible (boring?) stuff that the forwards get up to that i enjoy the most. you just don't get that playing with the boneheads..
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:41 am
PommieLeague

well no, but to be honest it's the grinding, invisible (boring?) stuff that the forwards get up to that i enjoy the most. you just don't get that playing with the boneheads..
The same boneheads that chew off ears and stampede all of their opponents when the scrum colapses or during a rolling maul?

Anyway both rugby have their skills I dont deny. Union is a technical game, League is a running game.