Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Jones Family (yep we're here (Perth)!!!)

The Jones Family (yep we're here (Perth)!!!)

Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:11 am
The Jones Family

stefdeanjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Jones Family (yep we're here (Perth)!!!)

Hello all,
Just a quickie as I sit at a deli on Mounts Bay Road (bust pc's at the Waldorf Apartments).
To cut a long story short we arrived here eventually on 10th March after leaving UK on the 1st. Had to extend our stay in Singapore as within 24 hours of arriving Littlen Jones was in Raffles Hospital, swiftly followed by me. We think it was food poisoning, possibly from the plane (good old Qantas, glad we paid the extra and went Business ) Good news was that Littlen Jones slept 10 hours London-Singapore and the whole 5 hours Singapore -Perth.
We've had a good time since we've been here though, nearly settling in Dunsborough. However, our practical heads kicked in and we returned to perth. Have secured an Ocean front rental in Ocean Reef and move in tomorrow. Hiring furniture for a couple of weeks until our main shipment arrives. Still will need a cot and high chair until next lot arrives though - if anyone has those?!! WE are ok for a couple of weeks.
Can see the benefit of having friends/family here when you arrive, but we don't and I think we're doing ok!! My bump seems to be massive, and the time is flying. Littlen #2 will be along soon........
Would love to catch up with all news and will try later.
Mrs. Jones
PS Mr Jones wants to buy a stainless barbie for $2K. This seems a bit excessive to me, but understand corrosion issues of being near the sea.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:21 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: The Jones Family (yep we're here (Perth)!!!)

Congrats! Hope you get the things you need. Have a look in the West Australian paper for 2nd hand stuff. $2k does sound ALOT for a barbie..... go and check out what`s in K-mart before you decide.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stormz
Congrats! Hope you get the things you need. Have a look in the West Australian paper for 2nd hand stuff. $2k does sound ALOT for a barbie..... go and check out what`s in K-mart before you decide.

You can get a decent stainless steel BBQ from Kmart for $569.

Welcome to Oz by the way!!

Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:11 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

great to hear someone landing in oz, not the best way to see singapore tho . Good luck with settling in, and with arrival of littlen No: 2.

Halflinggirl2000
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:23 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stefdeanjones
PS Mr Jones wants to buy a stainless barbie for $2K. This seems a bit excessive to me, but understand corrosion issues of being near the sea.

I will bring the snags and beer

$2000 is a lot but there are heaps more expensive. Probably $1000 to $1600 is all you need for a really good quality one.

Bunnings... Harvey Norman... BBQ Galore... etc
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:42 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Its great to hear of people arriving and beginning to find their feet - that'll be us in a couple of weeks. We're heading down the coast to Busselton area for a quick break before diving into the real world of finding somewhere to live.

Talking of cots - we are in debate with Singapore Airlines at the mo to see if they will let us take ours, but not include it in the luggage allowance. Seems hopeful, although more to get out the airport in Perth!

Good luck settling in!