Reload this Page >

John Masons - waste of time

John Masons - waste of time

Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

smiths2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face John Masons - waste of time

Hi all

If anyone is thinking of using John Masons as a removal company to Oz....

Don't bother...

They send someone out to estimate and then don't bother sending a quote or returning any emails to try to find out why.

I only requested a quote based on users recommendation but it appears to have been a waste of time.

So go with Robinsons instead.

Hope this helps save somebody some time.

Steve
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: John Masons - waste of time

Originally posted by smiths2
Hi all

Don't bother...

They send someone out to estimate and then don't bother sending a quote or returning any emails to try to find out why.

I only requested a quote based on users recommendation but it appears to have been a waste of time.

Steve
Thanks for that,

I had been fiddling around with their on-line quotation system. - Maybe its time to look elsewhere.

Havin said that, they did respond to my e-mail about time-frames (they quote between 6 and 12 weeks, depending on where in Australia you are moving to - does it really take up to 6 weeks to ship once in Aus?)
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:37 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by kevmitch
Thanks for that,

I had been fiddling around with their on-line quotation system. - Maybe its time to look elsewhere.

Havin said that, they did respond to my e-mail about time-frames (they quote between 6 and 12 weeks, depending on where in Australia you are moving to - does it really take up to 6 weeks to ship once in Aus?)

Yes I found the same, an impossibly stupid web site that does not give most furniture items (ie 2 seater sofa) and then does not call you back ) forget it try also Bishops Move and Avalan
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kevmitch
Thanks for that,

Robinsons quote around 52 days. Ships sail to Melbourne every 2 weeks apparently.

Don't forget to get Marine Insurance and allow around 3% for the premium based on the sum insured. Eg. £300 for £10,000 of cover (plus vat).

If you don't get a whole containder (e.g. 20cuft) and you share a container it could take more time.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:07 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

This is very strange. John Masons contacted me 2 days after using their website quotation, we arranged a visit and 21st Jan, they arrived and did a proper 'walk around'. 7 days later a very presentable quotation arrived with a 24 page information pack on Australia. Three days after that, they followed up with a courtesy call to discuss the quotation.If I get a higher quote from somebody else, all I have to do call John Masons back and they will 'see what they can do' to better it. I thought they were very professional.

Steve.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by SteveBannister
This is very strange. John Masons contacted me 2 days after using their website quotation, we arranged a visit and 21st Jan, they arrived and did a proper 'walk around'. 7 days later a very presentable quotation arrived with a 24 page information pack on Australia. Three days after that, they followed up with a courtesy call to discuss the quotation.If I get a higher quote from somebody else, all I have to do call John Masons back and they will 'see what they can do' to better it. I thought they were very professional.

Steve.
That's the kind of service I was expecting and I got from 3 three other companies.

At least you have had a reply. So well done. If you happy with John Masons then go with it. I certainly wouldn't if the service is a bit hit or miss. Not worth the risk.

Steve
Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:32 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Luck of the draw isn't it. I'm still waiting for two other quotes to come in so I'll see what happens.

Steve.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Luck of the draw isn't it. I'm still waiting for two other quotes to come in so I'll see what happens.

Steve.
BTW where are coming from in Essex (I originally lived in Great Wakering (outside Southend in the country) and where are you going to?

Steve
Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:45 pm
I Know What's Going On!

We are in Hornchurch and are going to Adelaide. We just can't make up our mind where abouts around Adelaide. We are trying to decide between north-east (Banksia Park, Tea Tree Gully etc) or south of Adelaide (Victor Harbor, Goolwa etc.)

What about yourself?

Steve.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

We too had a quick response from Masons. They came for a look round and their quote arrived two days later. They followed it up with a courtesy call (which neither of the other two companies quoting us did). Still haven't decided who to use yet but they seemed fine and have been recommended by friends who used them and sang their praises.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

We are in Hornchurch and are going to Adelaide. We just can't make up our mind where abouts around Adelaide. We are trying to decide between north-east (Banksia Park, Tea Tree Gully etc) or south of Adelaide (Victor Harbor, Goolwa etc.)

What about yourself?

Steve.
Currently living in sunny Swindon (moved here with work about 10 years ago, hated it for the last 9). We are moving to Melbourne or anywhere in Victoria. No job so that's a bit worrying but we can survive for about 2 years without work and wthout touching any equity from our house.

Hope to move to Point Cook or Greensborough or Dandenong hills (just about anywhere with commuting distance of Mel) or Geelong. Not sure whether we will stay in VIC if we can't get work. Might try Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, anywhere, not fussed, only going for a change of scenery. Big step isn't it?

Never been to Adelaide or Melbourne. Been to Brisbane, Cairns, Coffs Harbour and Sydney. All very different and interesting in their own way.

So when are you going?

Steve
Old Jan 31st 2003, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Never been to Adelaide or Melbourne. Been to Brisbane, Cairns, Coffs Harbour and Sydney. All very different and interesting in their own way.

So when are you going?
Hi Steve,
Our boxes arrived from Bishop Blatchpack they quoted the best price (for 2 places) and are relly helpful, as we don't know what part of OZ we are going to have are stuff shipped too (Adelaide or Coff's).
We are having it stored for 1 month and then phoning them to say what port.
We are going to Coff's Harbour March 2oth, we were going to Adelaide but have decided to try out Coff's for 1 month & if hubby can't find work then we will drive down to Adelaide.We have a brother-in-law in Adelaide & quite a few friends so hubby will not have a problem in Adelaide finding work.If we do end up in Adelaide we are thinking of Aldgate/Mitcham/Belair area's. But we both loved Coff's so we have decided to give this area a go first..
Sue
Old Jan 31st 2003, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Don't bother...

Steve

We had John Masons out and found them very good,they sent a very well presented quote to us, but we also had several others come out to quote us and have chosen PSS, We are expecting Our shipment in Perth on the 20 March 2003 and We shall let you all know excactly how PSS carried out there business.

Thanks

Sharon x
Old Jan 31st 2003, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

well all i can say is that a friend near adelaide recommended them so i emailed them last nite and they emailed me back this morning..

maybe i'll let them know about this thread..

cheers

richard
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:40 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi all

Don't bother...

Steve

We used John Masons to move us to Brisbane and all I can say is excellent service. Out of all of our friends who came out at the same time with other companies we were the only ones who had no breakages, the service this end from the Company they use over here, Wridgeways was fantastic within two weeks of the ship arriving we had all our possesions. We had to have some things sent groupage as there was too much for one container and because it was groupage John Masons sent it to a different company from Wridgeways because a container was going to them and so we should get our things quicker, ship arrived 29th of November they delivered the things last week!!!!!

I can't recommend John Masons enough. It is a very stressfull time moving and they helped take some of that stress away.

Perhaps you should have phoned them rather than e-mail them, you never know something has maybe happened to the rep who came out to see you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.