John Masons

Old May 28th 2007, 10:04 am
Just Joined

butterfieldl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default John Masons

Hi All

I know JMs have had a real slating and we were crossing our fingers after deciding to go with them but now we've settled down in our rental I can honestly say that they've been fantastic - both ends. We had a Lpool rep come in for the quote and told us everything we could and couldn't take, extra costs we might have to pay at the other end - very thorough; a local removals firm from the North West came in to do the packing and they were excellent - they put one guy on just to wrap the breakables - and they were finished in time for the arrival of the container at noon that day. Off it went at the end of March, we stayed in Singapore for 3 days, got online and managed to track our container and knew exactly when it arrived in Spore and the new ships name and an estimated arrival date. It cleared customs with only one floral item being disposed of (they contacted us first and asked us whether we wanted to pay for cleaning or disposing of free of charge). Ridgeways of Melbourne then delivered on Friday 18th May - took approximately 2hrs to unload and unwrap a 20ft load. We have since unpacked and nothing missing and nothing broken - congratulations to the breakables guy! All in all we would recommend John Masons purely on the service we received.
Lianne
Old May 28th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: John Masons

hi

glad you have good news to report and your reloction seems to be going smoothly

we had JM recommended to us by a friend who went in 2005 and plan to use them but havent had a quote yet.

Hope you dont mind me asking but how much did it cost you in total, we live not far from where you were in the UK and just after a rough guideline

Just noticed your in Melbourne, we're going to Perth should this make it a bit cheaper??!!

Thanks x

Last edited by midwife2be; May 28th 2007 at 10:11 am. Reason: missed out something!
Old May 28th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Hope you don't mind me butting in but we used John Masons, Bristol - Perth. They were fantastic, only 1 item broken out of a 20ft container and that was a big mirror that I didn't pay extra packing for (item no.13)
We paid £3150 door to door with an extra $368 this end for quarantine. This included wooden crates for two items (a brand new big mirror and a grandfather clock) only did the minimal insurance so only cost £120 for the lot. Both crews were brilliant, in Perth they use a company called Kent and they give you tracking numbers so you can follow on the internet - we would definately recommend them from our experience.
S xx
Old May 28th 2007, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Hi

Approx. the whole move cost just short of £4000 - that included collecting from 2 addresses, a 20 ft container, container decontamination charges, insurance, quarantine charges and unloading/unpacking this end.

Lianne
Old May 28th 2007, 10:38 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Streaks
Hello,
Hope you don't mind me butting in but we used John Masons, Bristol - Perth. They were fantastic, only 1 item broken out of a 20ft container and that was a big mirror that I didn't pay extra packing for (item no.13)
We paid £3150 door to door with an extra $368 this end for quarantine. This included wooden crates for two items (a brand new big mirror and a grandfather clock) only did the minimal insurance so only cost £120 for the lot. Both crews were brilliant, in Perth they use a company called Kent and they give you tracking numbers so you can follow on the internet - we would definately recommend them from our experience.
S xx
Sorry - nothing to do with shipping, is your surname Butterfield? That was my maiden name and it's not that common.

Jules x
Old May 28th 2007, 10:44 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by butterfieldl
Hi All

I know JMs have had a real slating and we were crossing our fingers after deciding to go with them but now we've settled down in our rental I can honestly say that they've been fantastic - both ends.
Lianne
well we had the liverpool lads do our move from birmingham to perth and they were brilliant, office staff also helped in organising storage this end and stored our furniture in the uk for us for as long as they could free of charge, no breakages, which is a bonus
Old May 28th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point

I used JM back in 99, no problems at all. Nothing broken, they did a fab job
Old May 28th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Hi All

I know JMs have had a real slating and we were crossing our fingers after deciding to go with them but now we've settled down in our rental I can honestly say that they've been fantastic - both ends. We had a Lpool rep come in for the quote and told us everything we could and couldn't take, extra costs we might have to pay at the other end - very thorough; a local removals firm from the North West came in to do the packing and they were excellent - they put one guy on just to wrap the breakables - and they were finished in time for the arrival of the container at noon that day. Off it went at the end of March, we stayed in Singapore for 3 days, got online and managed to track our container and knew exactly when it arrived in Spore and the new ships name and an estimated arrival date. It cleared customs with only one floral item being disposed of (they contacted us first and asked us whether we wanted to pay for cleaning or disposing of free of charge). Ridgeways of Melbourne then delivered on Friday 18th May - took approximately 2hrs to unload and unwrap a 20ft load. We have since unpacked and nothing missing and nothing broken - congratulations to the breakables guy! All in all we would recommend John Masons purely on the service we received.
Lianne
Hi ya,

Glad you had a stress free experience. We are awaiting our container at the moment. We used Pickfords because they seemed to be the best given our circumstances (not knowing if we were going to be staying or returning back after 3 weeks). I am told the expected date for the ship to arrive in Freo is 4th June. I have no idea how long it takes to get through customs at the moment. Anyone??? How did you track your ship?? That would be useful.

Cheers

J
Old May 28th 2007, 6:18 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

John Masons start packing tomorrow.

Will let you know how they get on.

Buzzy
Old May 30th 2007, 1:03 am
Just Joined

We used this website to tack our ship (our container changed ships in Singapore)

http://www.track-trace.com/cotrack.php.

Our containers estimated date of arrival was 11th May and we were told to expect customs to take approx 10 days for clearance - ours was cleared and delivered to our house on the 18th May which was quick.

Lianne
Old May 30th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't touch John Masons again with a barge pole!! Thieving and incompetent gits!! See this thread for details. But hey, we might have been one of the unlucky ones!

I advise you to keep your eyes on their packers though!
Old May 30th 2007, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Lianne
Yes couldn't agree with you more! We used John Mason's on our way out here last year - absolutely brilliant in the UK, and then the same at this end with Wridgways. I would defo use them again!
Old May 30th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't use them again - but you never know, they may have actually taken notice and sacked the ones in question !

From what I read there's no shippers with 100% record so it's down to luck I reckon
Old May 31st 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

we have our quote form JM for a full container, leaving from Manchester and bound for Mandurah, WA. We have been quoted 3900 quid door to door. Not worked out the insurance yet. We have just put house on market and as soon as sold will be off.

Old May 31st 2007, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you haggle with them, get other quotes, we successfully got about £300 off our quote by saying no thanks got a cheaper quote!
S xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.