Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

John Mason - Well I am impressed so far!!

John Mason - Well I am impressed so far!!

Old Jul 4th 2006, 5:16 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default John Mason - Well I am impressed so far!!

Had Stuart from John Mason round yesterday and thought I would post a thread for all of you deciding which shippers to get round for quotes!! There has been a couple of threads recently slagging off John Mason & Stuart so I thought I would write my experience todate!!

When I rang John Mason the lady I spoke to was very polite and helpful and we had a discussion about this site and the fact that people can and do on occasions write bad things about a company and that this in a way is unfair as the company is unable to defend themselves, I agreed that whilst it is good to share experiences I felt that most people using this site were wise enough to make their own decisions on companies they would use!! Anyway the next day I had an extreamly nice letter from the MD and I was most surprised and quite taken that she had obviously taken the time to write me a personal letter.

Stuart arrived on time, and I thought was very efficient at telling me all about moving our worldly goods to Australia, I had a list (supplied from here and some I had added on) of about 50 questions to make sure I didnt miss anything (some say I am organised, the husband would say different!!) he answered them all and explained anything I didnt understand. Having never done this before like most on here I felt it was important to feel like they were going to give me the best service and look after all our stuff, I did feel this would be the case!!

We then did the usual walk round "take this, not taking that" and I found him very helpful with advice on stuff to take and stuff he said wasnt worth it!!

So all I am saying is that I am so far very impressed with the staff at John Mason, and yes I have another rep from another company coming tomorrow, so maybe I will be equally impressed, but just felt I would write a nice positive thread about my experiences so far!!

I know that they have not yet moved my stuff BUT I feel quiet confident if we do decide to use them that it will all be ok, especially now the "total loss" insurance cover has been explained properly!!!

P.S. Staff at John Mason please feel free if you are reading this to award any discount you feel fit!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Mason - Well I am impressed so far!!

Originally Posted by toon williams
Had Stuart from John Mason round yesterday and thought I would post a thread for all of you deciding which shippers to get round for quotes!! There has been a couple of threads recently slagging off John Mason & Stuart so I thought I would write my experience todate!!

When I rang John Mason the lady I spoke to was very polite and helpful and we had a discussion about this site and the fact that people can and do on occasions write bad things about a company and that this in a way is unfair as the company is unable to defend themselves, I agreed that whilst it is good to share experiences I felt that most people using this site were wise enough to make their own decisions on companies they would use!! Anyway the next day I had an extreamly nice letter from the MD and I was most surprised and quite taken that she had obviously taken the time to write me a personal letter.

Stuart arrived on time, and I thought was very efficient at telling me all about moving our worldly goods to Australia, I had a list (supplied from here and some I had added on) of about 50 questions to make sure I didnt miss anything (some say I am organised, the husband would say different!!) he answered them all and explained anything I didnt understand. Having never done this before like most on here I felt it was important to feel like they were going to give me the best service and look after all our stuff, I did feel this would be the case!!

We then did the usual walk round "take this, not taking that" and I found him very helpful with advice on stuff to take and stuff he said wasnt worth it!!

So all I am saying is that I am so far very impressed with the staff at John Mason, and yes I have another rep from another company coming tomorrow, so maybe I will be equally impressed, but just felt I would write a nice positive thread about my experiences so far!!

I know that they have not yet moved my stuff BUT I feel quiet confident if we do decide to use them that it will all be ok, especially now the "total loss" insurance cover has been explained properly!!!

P.S. Staff at John Mason please feel free if you are reading this to award any discount you feel fit!!
thank you for that and I must say that we had a very positive experience with PSS also from the moment that we requested information to the day when a rep came to discuss our needs. We've have had a few follow up calls from them regarding our date to leave and have no complaints so far. I'll let you know once we're shipped off how it all went - got a few months yet.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 11:42 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by toon williams

Hiya
We used John Mason and thought they were fantastic. We had a few others around to do quotes but decided to go with John Mason because they seemed more professional. Their quote wasn't the cheapest either but we liked the guy who came out.
Our 8 boxes, a tool box and a telescope all arrived in Brisbane in perfect condition, it was then held in storage for us for a few weeks as it all arrived before we did.
We were more than happy with the service that we received and give them the thumbs up too.
Regards
Sarah
Old Jul 5th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya
We used John Mason and thought they were fantastic. We had a few others around to do quotes but decided to go with John Mason because they seemed more professional. Their quote wasn't the cheapest either but we liked the guy who came out.
Our 8 boxes, a tool box and a telescope all arrived in Brisbane in perfect condition, it was then held in storage for us for a few weeks as it all arrived before we did.
We were more than happy with the service that we received and give them the thumbs up too.
Regards
Sarah
Hi,
We have shipped our stuff with John MASON end of June, we don't fly to Perth until 15th August, so our container arrives before us. We phoned John Mason yesterday to confirm we do need storage. The lady informed us there would be problems with customs as we haven't validated our visa. We would have to do a stat declaration etc. We had gone through this with the chap who came to our house and did the quote and paperwork etc, he said there would be no probs with stuff going ahead. Did you have any problems with customs, did you have to do stat declaration?
Thanks for any advice.
Sharon