Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jobs for Senior IT Program Manager

Jobs for Senior IT Program Manager

Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

sandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant future
Default Jobs for Senior IT Program Manager

Hi All,
I am absolutely new to this forum, so please bear with me for my ignorance of rules.

I have got my PR Visa papers. I am planning to land in Australia in October. To brief about myself, I have 11 years of IT experience six years of which have been in USA. I have Siebel (CRM) and Project Management (PMP) certifications. I am a program manager managing program more than $10 million worth of projects with more than 100 resources reporting to me.

Please let me know the following things:
1) What are my chances of making a good Senior IT job in Australia
2) I am trying through seek but of no response as yet. But it has only been 1 week so I would give benefit of doubt
3)What is the salary structure
4) I have heard that the tax is closed to 50% is that correct
5) How is the overall IT market?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jobs for Senior IT Program Manager

Howdy,

You should also submit your CV to Hays IT. I don't have my PR visa yet, but they still called me from Brisbane to discuss my future job options.

Regards,
Dazster
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

sandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant future

Thanks. I forgot to ask one mort thing. As I am planning to go to Australia in October, will it be a good time to search for job. Will the market be slowing down for upcoming holidays season?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sandeep0909
Thanks. I forgot to ask one mort thing. As I am planning to go to Australia in October, will it be a good time to search for job. Will the market be slowing down for upcoming holidays season?
yes, very unlikely to land anything after the first week in Dec.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:37 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

What part of Oz you going to?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Dont know as yet. preference would be melbourne, but Sydney is in the list as well..Bottomline where ever I get better opportunity.

deryans,
I am travelling in 1st week of october. Will that pose any threat for my Job search?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:08 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

The IT market is very buoyant in Perth too at the moment.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Need some help please in the timing of our arrival. Is beginning of Oct ok for me to move and search jobs
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandeep0909
Need some help please in the timing of our arrival. Is beginning of Oct ok for me to move and search jobs
From what I have seen the main quiet period is mid December to end January (summer holiday period) but that doesn't mean there aren't jobs available.

You may find you need to take a slightly lower level job initially to prove yourself in the Aussie market but the market currently is very bouyant.

Tax level varies depending on the salary amount but I think that anything over $150k per annum is taxed at 50% with a number of other rates before you get to that. Also $150k is a very good salary over here
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

sorry for delay sandeep,

Quite time is indeed 1st week dec to 1st week February, this is School Holidays and Xmas, Peak season for family getaways in Oz is Jan.

Things slow down during this period, so you will apreciate that if your "contract" is not executed and you are not sitting on a seat by 1st week in December, you may have to wait until 1st week in Feb.

That is not to say that recruitment does not happen, it's vastly reduced.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all. I really appreciate the help.