Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jobs/Salaries in the Sunshine Coast

Jobs/Salaries in the Sunshine Coast

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

laudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jobs/Salaries in the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by frorge
Hi sarah, and welcome to the site.

We have lived on the Sunshine Coast for 6 months now, My husband, David, is also a Carpenter.
Now, to be truthful.... when we first got here, he found it very difficult to find work. He tried just walking onto site, but people were very rude, and told him there was no work, he also came accross a bit of anti pom !!
Also, the fact that he hasnt got his licenses were causing a problem.

He finally got a job in a joinery workshop, not what he wanted at all, hes used to site work. It was naff money, just as well we had paid the rent up front !! The hours were bad, and the foreman, a w*****er ! And then they sacked him 3 days before christmas.

So.... over christmas, he just e-mailed loads of companies, explaining he was looking for work, and attached his CV. he got heaps of replies, he still gets calls now.
Anyway, he took a job, sub-contracting for a guy who does reno's and new builds, the money is fab, better than what he was on in the Uk, and he can work under the guys licenses until he gets his sorted. The work is in Noosa, but its only about 30 mins, so thats great. And the guy is still looking for people, as he has heaps of work on.

Weve now just bought our own house in Buderim, got the keys yesterday, and move in tomo.

So, Im sure you will both be fine.
Enjoy your wedding, and good luck.

Ang
Hi there were arriving there in 2 weeks also. My OH is also a carpenter and was wandering whether you could pass on your oh boss's details to us to see if he is interested in meeting with my OH?That if he is still looking for others as you mentioned? good luck in your new home. We too will be looking in Buderim when we arrive!