Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:29 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Originally Posted by russmcp
but without ADSL, we'd would not have ADSL2, now what icon can I use now?
Well, you could go back to my comment about Alexander Graham Bell and crack out the old "rolleyes" smiley for starters!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 8:13 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Well, you could go back to my comment about Alexander Graham Bell and crack out the old "rolleyes" smiley for starters!
I don't think we need to worry about going back that far do we?

You must have deleted this post which is what I replied to as unless my eyes are playing tricks I can't see this quote...

But ADSL2 itself is not.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

The CIA told me!

Thus:

Exports - partners:

Japan 18.7%, China 9.2%, US 8.1%, South Korea 7.8%, New Zealand 7.4%, India 4.6%, UK 4.2% (2004)
Source.

cool site!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Originally Posted by russmcp
I don't think we need to worry about going back that far do we?
No, we don't.

You must have deleted this post which is what I replied to as unless my eyes are playing tricks I can't see this quote...

But ADSL2 itself is not.
I can't delete my posts; I can only edit them.

Which is what I did.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:07 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
cool site!
Yeah, not too shabby.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:58 pm
Banned

2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future

Vash - do you defend oz no matter what?

Have you ever lived in Rural oz? (and I don`t mean wanneroo)

Broadband is only avaliable via satalitte where i`m living - with US technology and US satalitte.

So Australia cant take credit for that!

Still maybe better than the Black country though!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It does look like Vash always has to defend Australia, but when people make comments like Australia is 20 years behind then it does beg question from a patriot.

Australia is not 20 years behind in the true sense of the word, it can't be.(!)
I can understand that one element might, but it might be for good reason.
You have to be careful how you bandy the word around.

That's my view!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

How old the root technology of ADSL is meaningless, you have to look at when it was first taken up. I recall my boss being excited in 1998 that he'd got it, that was 8 years ago!

The microprocessor was invented in 1971 but it was more like 1981 when we got decent 'micros'.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:22 pm
Banned

2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future

This was a comment the locals said.

It is the way I like it - I dind`t say it to demean Australia. Its a plus i think.

Perth is ahead of UK in many things.

I`m not comparing like for like! - This is well in the middle of nowhere, I still drink rainwater and shower in water from the dam.

And when you make a call - somtimes you pick up the phone and hear a neighbour chatting about how the fox got her chooks.

I like it - I don`t mean offence, but to be truthful -its behind rural UK (which is what I was used to - but did`nt like cause of many things)

I just hope there isn`t chavs throwing bricks at my windows in 20 years here!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:58 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I don't live in Oz but I've been a few times, I actually found the fact it's '20 years behind' to be one of it's best features I really enjoyed that 'feel' where doors are left open it reminded of my home village when I was young. Theres absolutly nothing wong with that.