The Jobs Forum

Old Nov 10th 2004, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road
Default The Jobs Forum

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know (as I didnt really know the jobs forum existed on here when I was emigrating), that I occasionally post jobs which I am working on on the jobs forum. Ocassionaly I have jobs that come up where the client will consider sponsoring overseas candidates. I will make that clear if its the case.

I am originally from the UK, where I was an electronic Engineer in the telcoms/networking/consumer sector and have worked in recruitment since I came here early this year. I recruit in most engineering disciplines and sales and marketing, and also some colleagues do the IT, Accounting, management areas too. I am based in Brisbane, and 80% of the jobs I recruit for are in QLD except for the Electronics area where I have national clients.

I have spoke and interviewed a few ppl on here and am genuine. If anyone is close to moving here and looking for work in the areas I work on, please let me know. The least I can do is add you to our database if I dont have anything available. I will be honest and say though I can try and offer advice, I cant actively consider you for positions unless you are moving here soon or applying for a job which can be sponsered. Most jobs I have on our for positions clients are actively trying to fill now.

I dont post all jobs, but if ppl find it useful then I will continue to do so.

cheers

Pete
Old Nov 10th 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Jobs Forum

I will/would find it interesting but not coming for 3 years yet.
Already have PR visas, I'm a civil structural CAD drafter / design drafter and we are probably coming to Brisbane.

thanks,

Andy.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 4:51 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I too would find this interesting having just recived a positive tra we are about half way there, hopfully moving to melborne as a mechanical fitter.

Having looked I can not find the jobs forum, is this just me or is it on a different site?

Please advise

Thanks Chris
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chrisg28
Hi
I too would find this interesting having just recived a positive tra we are about half way there, hopfully moving to melborne as a mechanical fitter.

Having looked I can not find the jobs forum, is this just me or is it on a different site?

Please advise

Thanks Chris
As Ozz is the land of milk and honey there should be no need for a job, just in case here is a link.

hays.com.au

Thrud
(it will be to hot to work)
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Hi Pete

I would definitely be interested in this. I've just about got everything ready to put application in for skilled independent, and are hoping to go to Brisbane. I am an accountant and hubby is in sales so could be useful to us. Wasn't aware there was a jobs forum here, but will check it out tonight !

Cheers
Linz
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:43 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Hi Pete
This is something that will definately be useful to me. I'm a project manager for a systems automation company and hoping to find work in a similar field. Our PR visa has been submitted and should be through early next year. Let me know if you have anything suitable
Jamie
Old Nov 10th 2004, 10:40 pm
ABCDiamond

I think it is this one: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73

I've also got some Job web sites on my web site at this page: http://www.abcdiamond.com.au/info_jobs.htm

Pete (CornishPasty), do you have a web site link ? If so, I will add it to my web page.

Old Nov 10th 2004, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Please advise

Thanks Chris
The jobs forum on here isnt used very much, its just I dont want to post jobs on here because its slightly off topic.

If you click back to the British Expat Forum (http://britishexpats.com/forum/) there is a working abroad section and then click on All other Jobs abroad

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73
Old Nov 11th 2004, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

kirkr99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: The Jobs Forum

Hi Pete,

I would definitely be interested in any positions you have available.
I have worked in the sub contract electronics/automotive industry for the past 7 years employed as a quality engineer.
If any positions become available that you think may suit please contact me.
I received an email from my case officer on the 29th of October informing me that my 136 visa had been granted on the 19th October. I'm currently awaiting the grant letter falling through the letter box.
My wife and I are planning to move to Oz shortly & I am actively attempting to line up a job prior to moving.

cheers,

kirkr99
Old Nov 11th 2004, 12:46 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CornishPasty
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know (as I didnt really know the jobs forum existed on here when I was emigrating), that I occasionally post jobs which I am working on on the jobs forum. Ocassionaly I have jobs that come up where the client will consider sponsoring overseas candidates. I will make that clear if its the case.

I am originally from the UK, where I was an electronic Engineer in the telcoms/networking/consumer sector and have worked in recruitment since I came here early this year. I recruit in most engineering disciplines and sales and marketing, and also some colleagues do the IT, Accounting, management areas too. I am based in Brisbane, and 80% of the jobs I recruit for are in QLD except for the Electronics area where I have national clients.

I have spoke and interviewed a few ppl on here and am genuine. If anyone is close to moving here and looking for work in the areas I work on, please let me know. The least I can do is add you to our database if I dont have anything available. I will be honest and say though I can try and offer advice, I cant actively consider you for positions unless you are moving here soon or applying for a job which can be sponsered. Most jobs I have on our for positions clients are actively trying to fill now.

cheers

Pete

sent you a PM ?
Old Nov 11th 2004, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: The Jobs Forum

Hi,
Definitley interested. I am in IT (Unix Admin) and looking for Brissie or Ipswich areas. Hope to be out there June 2005.....
Tracy.

Hi Everyone,

cheers

Pete
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I have spoke and interviewed a few ppl on here and am genuine.
I can vouch for that. Nice bloke Pete but he still hasn't found me a job .....
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

amandat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

cheers

Pete
Hi Pete,
Is there much call for sales and marketing managers. Eight years experience is now a senior S&M manager. (Husband works in the railway Maintenance field, they make it he markets and sales it) We are interseted in moving down under and are not sure realistically what my husbands chances of finding a job are.
My husband (David) has been to Australia twice in the last year with his company and traveled a bit while over there so we are flexiable as to where to move to.
Any help or advice you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Amanda

Last edited by amandat; Nov 11th 2004 at 2:10 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I think it is this one: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73

I've also got some Job web sites on my web site at this page: http://www.abcdiamond.com.au/info_jobs.htm

Pete (CornishPasty), do you have a web site link ? If so, I will add it to my web page.
Hi ABC, sorry for not replying to this one. Our website is www.cgg.com.au we have very recently updated the look of the site and havnt re-added all available positions yet.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wmoore
I can vouch for that. Nice bloke Pete but he still hasn't found me a job .....
Ha ha, thanks Wayne, and nice meeting you too.

Get that MCSE under your belt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.