Jobs in Cairns

Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:19 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jobs in Cairns

I am really struggling to find out about the work situation for my OH.

Does anyone know about Cairns and its plans for building new hospitals, schools, new office blocks, shopping centres etc.

My Hubby does the ventilation, air con, pipe fitting and welding on such bulids, but there is little point on us spending lots of money to relocate to cairns if the work is not there.

I understand there is a new pipe line going in to take water further down to wards Brisbane is there demand for workers on that.

I knowI am asking a lot but I am running out of ideas to find out, have tried the government websites ans such like but little info on them.

If anyone knows any info relating to engineering firms who are involved with any of these projects could you please help.

Thank you from a very frustrated wife

Kaye
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs in Cairns

Hello Kaye.
Lost my hard drive a while ago and with it a host of information.
One such thing was a list of all the builds approved in and around Cairns and it was quite a list.
Recently there has been an announcement of a new town centre to be built at Edmonton which will be quite a large project.

There were 106 engineering jobs advertised in the last week.
Have a sift through as it will give you the main company names I guess.
http://jobs.careerone.com.au/js.php?...fromSearch.y=7
Don't know much about it personally but GHD are one of the biggies.
Cadman is here now and working for them so maybe he can advise.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Jobs in Cairns

Originally Posted by wardy2
I understand there is a new pipe line going in to take water further down to wards Brisbane is there demand for workers on that.
Pipe dream I think. QLD Govt will be praying for rain before spending the money on this one.

My Hubby does the ventilation, air con, pipe fitting and welding on such bulids, but there is little point on us spending lots of money to relocate to cairns if the work is not there..
Most AC in Cairns is package type units rather than big central plants.
WW