Jobs

Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

cool_archie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Jobs

Hello Everybody,

Just wondering what is the Current Employment Situation in AUS,
Are recent migrants able to Secure Jobs easily (maybe in 1 or 2 months).

Planning to Move to AUS in March, Leaving my current job as an IT Manager/Administrator .

Please reply.

Regards,
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: UK-OZ-UK -OZ HERE I COME AGAIN ! Back in Melbourne !!
McBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really nice
Default Re: Jobs

[QUOTE=cool_archie;7214877]Hello Everybody,

Just wondering what is the Current Employment Situation in AUS,
Are recent migrants able to Secure Jobs easily (maybe in 1 or 2 months).

Planning to Move to AUS in March, Leaving my current job as an IT Manager/Administrator .

Hi Archie ,
Where abouts are you heading for ?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Where abouts are you heading for ?[/QUOTE]

Hi McBaine,

Well to Perth (WA)
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Perth is at the moment not a good place for IT jobs. A friend of mine just found an IT - java - job, after 5 months. But it might be a bit different for Administrators. Have a look on the job site http://www.seek.com.au/
There are much more job opportunities in Sydney/Melbourne.

Last edited by Perthine; Jan 27th 2009 at 10:27 am.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:19 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

my brother may lose his job in brisbane. I said, oh yea, go get another one and he pointed out that I am completely missing the point that there are far less jobs available and he is worried he may be out for months

He never worried before in his life so I guess he has looked into it

I would call some agencies, get the low down, I get all subbed out jobs and private clients so it just always seems busy to me. I would definitely make sure that you have enough money to get by.

Vivienne
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

The job situation is the same the world over, I used to get calls atleast a few times a week about new contracts. I havent had one for getting on 10 months now, havent been for an interview for 3 years and just glad I had a long term contract in the UK.

This contract is due to come to an end soon, so I am heading out to Perth in a few weeks, I have enough cash to see me a few years but given the responses from agencies its shouldnt take me long to find work. However I am not in a development role I do tech, support, admin type stuff, which Perth seems to have a slightly better market than the UK at the moment.

Will just see what happens, can only do our best, good luck with your job hunting.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

I get only one reply from the agencies/consultants, saying contact us once you are in AUS.

Don't really know if they will be interested once I get there.