Job sh*t storm

Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job sh*t storm

Looks like I've walked into a job sh*t storm. My 2 interviews for today have morphed into 4. I was offered a job at the 2nd interview of the day. He offered it to me within 5 minutes & wants me to start yesterday. He said I was the first design engineer that he has had in 12 months. It would be a great opportunity as it is a lot more responsibility than I am used to. The rate is phenomenal. I have 2 more interviews this afternoon & want to see them before I make a decision. It's looking good though.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job sh*t storm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Looks like I've walked into a job sh*t storm. My 2 interviews for today have morphed into 4. I was offered a job at the 2nd interview of the day. He offered it to me within 5 minutes & wants me to start yesterday. He said I was the first design engineer that he has had in 12 months. It would be a great opportunity as it is a lot more responsibility than I am used to. The rate is phenomenal. I have 2 more interviews this afternoon & want to see them before I make a decision. It's looking good though.
What excellent news
Where abouts are you?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:48 am
Badge

That's the way mate. Knew you'd get here and be organised in a jiffy. Drinks are on you.

Badge

Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Congrats - certainly no shortage of skilled jobs in Oz which has its pros and cons. Pros being that it's easy to get a job, cons being that they work you like a mule because they're so short staffed.

Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:17 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

A veritable clash of Egos, the Saffie is coming to save us and those already here fall to their feet. ............. mm
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:56 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Your low opinion of Australians is legendary so I guess you were really kissing arse during the interview

Hope you didn't demean youself in front of your inferiors during the arvo, lol.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:08 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

I was offered a job at the 2nd interview of the day. He offered it to me within 5 minutes & wants me to start yesterday.
Interesting...

In all the job interviews I did, after 5 minutes, the introductions would have been made to the interview panel, and they would be explaining the format the interview would take...

You're Design Engineer you say?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:22 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
What excellent news
Where abouts are you?
Perth mate. Big demand for engineers here.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Badge
That's the way mate. Knew you'd get here and be organised in a jiffy. Drinks are on you.

Badge
Cheers Badge. I've already had a couple tonight.....
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by mr mover
A veritable clash of Egos, the Saffie is coming to save us and those already here fall to their feet. ............. mm
Jealous Hard Yards?. Someone has got to show the Aussies how to do it properly.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Your low opinion of Australians is legendary so I guess you were really kissing arse during the interview

Hope you didn't demean youself in front of your inferiors during the arvo, lol.
Mate, the interviews were so casual it took me by surprise. They were kissing my arse, & as Aussies so they should. I've been offered 3 jobs. Never in my wildest dream would I have thought it would have been this easy.

I do like the Aussies (no, really)! Well apart from a few in South Australia......
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Interesting...

In all the job interviews I did, after 5 minutes, the introductions would have been made to the interview panel, and they would be explaining the format the interview would take...

You're Design Engineer you say?
I'm as surprised as you. The one guy told me that I was the 1st designer engineer that he had seen in a year. It really was an experience.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Oakie will become famous soon enoughOakie will become famous soon enough

I'm as surprised as you. The one guy told me that I was the 1st designer engineer that he had seen in a year. It really was an experience.
Amazula, what field is that in? (O&G, mining etc) - Im a design/project engineer coming over at the end of november.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Job sh*t storm

What do you mean by engineers? My husband is a metal machinist and they are called CNC engineers in Australia (CNC machinist here). There doesn't seem to be a big demand for machinist, but I hope to be proven wrong. It's great to hear of someone having an easy time finding a job, I'll sleep a little easier tonight.

nicanjoe
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Loddy is an unknown quantity at this point

What type of engineers?

I travel to Perth end of October, I'm a Mechanical Design Engineer!

I'm a Newbie to here so hello to everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.