job search

Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

fru2886 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile job search

Hi

Not sure if this is the right section, i have applied for my visa etc, just wondered where was the best place to look for a job before i go?

If anyone can help, would be awesome

Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2009, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default Re: job search

Hello fru2886

The online job portals like Seek and the recruitment agents together have about 25% of job listings.

In the job portals, many jobs will have don't apply unless you have a visa. This will primarily be from recrutiment agents who get paid on placement and don't like the longer sponsorship and visa process to delay things. Also, from an employers direct view, the job portal ads often result in hundreds of applications from local people who don't have visa issues.

If you're on a WHV employment will be easier but still an obtsacle because of time limitations.

Generally spekaing, with the above in mind, you should spend 75% of your time going direct to employers on a cold call approach (as we do), and 25% of time with recruiters or job portals.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Globalhealthsource is an unknown quantity at this point

Careerone http://www.careerone.com.au, Seek http://www.seek.com.au or MyCareer http://www.mycareer.com.au are great sources.

Also, if you are looking for jobs in Health Care, http://www.globalhealth.com.au ( just thought I'd get that in there)

Best of luck!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fru2886
Hi

Not sure if this is the right section, i have applied for my visa etc, just wondered where was the best place to look for a job before i go?

If anyone can help, would be awesome

Thanks
It will be better if you could tell us more on what kind of job your are looking for, your qualification, industry etc.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

fru2886 is an unknown quantity at this point

cool, well im a new media graduate, with a years experience working in television, which would be my ideal choice.

Also done loads of admin and helpdesk and bar work, so although media is my preference have a wide range of experience.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fru2886
cool, well im a new media graduate, with a years experience working in television, which would be my ideal choice.

Also done loads of admin and helpdesk and bar work, so although media is my preference have a wide range of experience.
There's no such thing as television in Australia.

Joking aside, the TV/media industry in Aus is so small it's not funny. Chances are you will be pushing shit up hill just to get an interview. Most Aussies that want a career in media head over to the UK.