Job Question

Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

alecdel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Question

Just wondering if there were any Crime and Intelligence Analysts (or other police staff roles) on the forum who manged to gain emplyment in Oz in a similar field and if so how they went about it? Really grateful for any help on this one as love my job in the UK but desperately want to get to Oz on a permanent basis. For the record I already have a PR visa through hubby
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Question

Originally Posted by alecdel
Just wondering if there were any Crime and Intelligence Analysts (or other police staff roles) on the forum who manged to gain emplyment in Oz in a similar field and if so how they went about it? Really grateful for any help on this one as love my job in the UK but desperately want to get to Oz on a permanent basis. For the record I already have a PR visa through hubby
I was a Fingerprint Technician in the UK; couldn't continue with it in Qld without joining the Force properly and I wasn't prepared to do that. Worth checking with the individual States as there was a move a few years back to civilianise some jobs, like in the UK, but I'm not sure how far it got.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alecdel
Send a PM to "suebrennan" - know she worked for the Metropolitan Police in London and had difficulty finding similar work in Oz.

HTH
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

oxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant future

Would also like to know as my OH is a crime scene officer here in UK, just wondering if she could transfer those skills over to Oz (NSW / Sydney)
Old Apr 30th 2010, 10:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oxford_lad
Would also like to know as my OH is a crime scene officer here in UK, just wondering if she could transfer those skills over to Oz (NSW / Sydney)
As I said earlier, check with the State for their current position - may well be like Qld and she would have to become a fully-fledged serving officer first.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

alecdel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies I hadn't even considered the possibility that my type of role wouldn't be a civillian one tbh. I will send a PM to "suebrennan" so thank you for that suggestion. I was under the impression that you may have to be a citizen (4year wait) before you could work for the police in any role but I may have got the wrong end of the stick with that so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks again for your replies