Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

job: Police checks and drug tests..

job: Police checks and drug tests..

Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:57 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default job: Police checks and drug tests..

I have two nephews who left school recently in Perth and have going for jobs.... both of them (in two seperate jobs/interviews) had to pay the co. they wanted a job with, for police checks. One of them had to pay the co. for a drug test as well. Jeez!

Fair enough the police check if they`re really paranoid... but surely they (the company) should pay for it? As if teenagers looking for a job have enough money to pay for police checks everywhere. And as for a drug test ??!!!
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:59 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job: Police checks and drug tests..

Originally posted by Stormz
I have two nephews who left school recently in Perth and have going for jobs.... both of them (in two seperate jobs/interviews) had to pay the co. they wanted a job with, for police checks. One of them had to pay the co. for a drug test as well. Jeez!

Fair enough the police check if they`re really paranoid... but surely they (the company) should pay for it? As if teenagers looking for a job have enough money to pay for police checks everywhere. And as for a drug test ??!!!

surely its reverse phsycology, if kids cant afford it they figure HEY MUST BE ON DRUGS and if they can, sod it lettem pay !!

Weird ruling m8
Old Feb 1st 2004, 5:00 pm
WBB

i will have to apply for a job there, what drugs they testing?

Old Feb 1st 2004, 6:53 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by WBB
i will have to apply for a job there, what drugs they testing?

pmsl