Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job opportunities for network engineer

Job opportunities for network engineer

Old Apr 27th 2006, 7:20 am
Just Joined

AL2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job opportunities for network engineer

what is the job opportunites for network engineer(CCNP, MCP) in sydney? Normally how long will it take to get a job in this position? Any idea

Thanks in advance
AL
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Job opportunities for network engineer

Many of the jobs seems to be in North Ryde which is a bit of a pain to get to. This has meant my other half hasn't got a job yet since we are planning on living in the south so he wants to work in the CBD.

The other thing my other half has noticed is many job requirements seem to be much broader ranging that the UK in the skills required. From everyone I've spoken to I gather getting the first Australian job is the hardest and once you have australian work experience its much easier.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AL2004
what is the job opportunites for network engineer(CCNP, MCP) in sydney? Normally how long will it take to get a job in this position? Any idea

Thanks in advance
AL
My partner is also a senior network engineer here in the UK and we are heading for Sydney hopefully in September/October. When are you thinking of going and I will let you know how is gets on if you like?

Tonik
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about Sydney but my company is struggling to find a decent Cisco / comms / security expert in Brisbane.
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:16 am
Just Joined

AL2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply to all of you. I am planning to go in mid of July'06.

Regards
AL2004
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AL2004
Thanks for the reply to all of you. I am planning to go in mid of July'06.

Regards
AL2004
10 posts in 2 years. That makes even me look good
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spottydog
Many of the jobs seems to be in North Ryde which is a bit of a pain to get to. This has meant my other half hasn't got a job yet since we are planning on living in the south so he wants to work in the CBD.

The other thing my other half has noticed is many job requirements seem to be much broader ranging that the UK in the skills required. From everyone I've spoken to I gather getting the first Australian job is the hardest and once you have australian work experience its much easier.
Its another thing to consider in the great Northern Suburbs/Eastern Suburbs debate …. There are lot of large commercial centres outside Sydney CBD to the North – North Sydney, Chatswood, North Ryde. Commuting across town can be a pain.
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:52 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dracupg
10 posts in 2 years. That makes even me look good
careful, 2 posts on the same thread
just noticed you are in the same burb as moi
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walaj
careful, 2 posts on the same thread
just noticed you are in the same burb as moi
St Ives … God bless it .. I would kill for a decent pub within walking distance though!
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:54 pm
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
Don't know about Sydney but my company is struggling to find a decent Cisco / comms / security expert in Brisbane.
This sounds too good to be true.

We will be in Brisbane by the end of Aug and I sound like what you are looking for.

Can I e-mail you directly?