Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job offer and contract via email - is it legal and secure?

Job offer and contract via email - is it legal and secure?

Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future
Default Job offer and contract via email - is it legal and secure?

Hi

My partner has been offered a 6mth teaching contract via email. she has spoken direct to the school director of studies, and she assures us that due to australian law the email as long as we agree is binding and covered by law.
She said because there are work shortages australian law enables work offers to be given to overseas people prior to their arrival. therefore if the contract has been agreed by us in a return email and we have a contract that has her ignature on that is faxed to us then this is guaranteed. ie if we turn up at the school, they hav no other option to employ us.

please can anyone offer help on this?

also how did other people get their job/contract offers, is there anyone who didnt meet their employer and agreed before they went?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:34 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer and contract via email - is it legal and secure?

Contracts by email are perfectly legal .

Gina
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krestsaf
Hi

My partner has been offered a 6mth teaching contract via email. she has spoken direct to the school director of studies, and she assures us that due to australian law the email as long as we agree is binding and covered by law.
She said because there are work shortages australian law enables work offers to be given to overseas people prior to their arrival. therefore if the contract has been agreed by us in a return email and we have a contract that has her ignature on that is faxed to us then this is guaranteed. ie if we turn up at the school, they hav no other option to employ us.

please can anyone offer help on this?

also how did other people get their job/contract offers, is there anyone who didnt meet their employer and agreed before they went?

Sorry - can't help you on point of law. But all my contract was done by e-mail/fax and I never even gave it a thought.

As visa confirmations are issued by Immi as e-mail, I don't see any reason that they are not legally binding.

Anyone?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future

thanks

makes me feel a bit better.

just need to find cash to get there now by april 1st!!

talk about last minute