Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job hunting in melbourne advice?

Job hunting in melbourne advice?

Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:32 am
Just Joined

casswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job hunting in melbourne advice?

I've been searching for about a month now for almost any kind of work in melbourne and am not having a huge amount of luck. I came here from glasgow where i worked and did well in tv but the company went under due to the recession.

I have a wide array of skills and experience in tv production, team management, secretarial and customer service work, child minding, facepainting, dancing, writing and editing, home renovation, costuming, am well versed in fashion and did extensive first aid at college as part of the tv course i did.

I'm currently on a working holiday visa which enables me to work for any 1 employer for 6 months though will be moving to a partnership visa when i get married soon and are seeking to build a life here.

So if anyone has any advice or could help me find some kind of work to support myself, i would be very grateful. If i don't find something soon, i will have to return home and attempt to find work there where job prospects are very poor at the moment.

Even if anyone here needs a responsible experienced babysitter then i would be glad for the work.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide