Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job Fell Through :(

Job Fell Through :(

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice
Unhappy Job Fell Through :(

I thought I was going to be considered for a position however, the company in question has found someone in the local vicinity and hence, I have lost out.

I am kind of disappointed however, onwards and upwards...

If there are any construction professionals on here who can advise of any construction/civil engineering companies other than Leightons/Abi/John Holland/Theiss, then please let me know...

Location not important and anything considered

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Fell Through :(

Originally Posted by colonel
I thought I was going to be considered for a position however, the company in question has found someone in the local vicinity and hence, I have lost out.

If there are any construction professionals on here who can advise of any construction/civil engineering companies other than Leightons/Abi/John Holland/Theiss, then please let me know...

Thanks
Sorry you've not had any luck with Thiess, they're a great company to work for. We are expanding all the time, so keep applying for jobs with them as you never know.

What kind of job are you after? I may be able to point you in the direction of another company.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Try Monadelphous - they have won a lot of contracts and are adviertising a lot.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Are you a PR or Citizen? or do you require sponsorship?
Old Nov 4th 2010, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Keep at it man. Chin up. You'll get something
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
Sorry you've not had any luck with Thiess, they're a great company to work for. We are expanding all the time, so keep applying for jobs with them as you never know.

What kind of job are you after? I may be able to point you in the direction of another company.
I am a Chartered Civil Engineering Quantity Surveyor with 10 years experience. Let me know if there are any other companies that I could try...

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Try Monadelphous - they have won a lot of contracts and are adviertising a lot.
Excellent, will take a look now. Thanks

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Are you a PR or Citizen? or do you require sponsorship?
I am looking for a 457 as my profession is on the ENSOL

Originally Posted by itxrd
Keep at it man. Chin up. You'll get something
Will do, thanks
Old Nov 4th 2010, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

I am looking for a 457 as my profession is on the ENSOL
If you are looking for a 457 then ENSOL is the wrong list. Thats for the ENS.

You should be using the SOOFN for 457.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
457 Occupation List.pdf (273.7 KB, 112 views)
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Chartered Civil Engineering Quantity Surveyor with 10 years experience. Let me know if there are any other companies that I could try...
Absolutely. I will keep my eye out for you
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
If you are looking for a 457 then ENSOL is the wrong list. Thats for the ENS.

You should be using the SOOFN for 457.
My occupation is on Schedule 1...so no worries...just need an offer now !

Originally Posted by Wendy
Absolutely. I will keep my eye out for you
Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2010, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Default Here we go again !

Got a second interview for a firm tomorrow so am hoping that this is the one. The first interview was a tad strange. No discussion about money or the role just me and my experience.

References have been checked and have now been asked for a second interview.

Surely, this is just to talk about the money and the role now ?
Old Nov 17th 2010, 12:39 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go again !

Got a second interview for a firm tomorrow so am hoping that this is the one. The first interview was a tad strange. No discussion about money or the role just me and my experience.

References have been checked and have now been asked for a second interview.

Surely, this is just to talk about the money and the role now ?
Good luck
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Malian is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck also.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Malian
Good luck also.
Well, it turns out that the first company I had an interview with are now requesting references which looks very positive

Hopefully, I will have some good news very soon to announce ?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, it turns out that the first company I had an interview with are now requesting references which looks very positive

Hopefully, I will have some good news very soon to announce ?
Yay good luck

It's one of the only things that annoy me about Australia - when you apply for a job you can wait ages before you hear anything about it! Then just as you are thinking there's no chance you will get it, they call you and offer you the position. It happened to my OH, he got offered a job he applied for over 6 months after he applied!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

railcorp are advertising for quantity surveyors just now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.