Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jingle bells......last date for posting from oz!

Jingle bells......last date for posting from oz!

Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jingle bells......last date for posting from oz!

Friendly posty told me this morning to get my skates on sending xmas parcels to UK, as last date for sea mail is 21st Sep!!!!!! Oh and that as of next week there'll be no economy airmail plus there's going to be a hike in the price due to increased fuel costs etc etc I'm just not organised! Drove down to Maroochy shopping Plaza today and came back with...........a very small wicker basket for me, no gifts, just that, oh and some xmas padded envelopes. Anyone else thought about xmas yet?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jingle bells......last date for posting from oz!

Originally Posted by glittababe
Friendly posty told me this morning to get my skates on sending xmas parcels to UK, as last date for sea mail is 21st Sep!!!!!! Oh and that as of next week there'll be no economy airmail plus there's going to be a hike in the price due to increased fuel costs etc etc I'm just not organised! Drove down to Maroochy shopping Plaza today and came back with...........a very small wicker basket for me, no gifts, just that, oh and some xmas padded envelopes. Anyone else thought about xmas yet?

Yep, thought about what to buy people then thought sod it I'll send them all an e-card and tell them I missed thelast post date
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else thought about xmas yet?
Yep, ordered some wooden koala letters and Aussie shaped wooden puzzles from:
http://www.artiwoodletters.com/index-flash.php
http://www.wooden-puzzles.net/

Company is in Byron Bay but they do ship overseas (altho mine are going interstate). Haven't even had my summer holiday yet and already doing Christmas shopping!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Present wise - Try either sending stuff like tea towels, cloth badges, that kind of thing, which are very light to post and fairly flat amd small, or use sites like Amazon - order over the net for delievry in the UK. I use ebay Uk for some stuff ow - if you ask the seller first a lot of them will accept payment from here for delievry there

As for Christmas - now just brings one phrase to mind - MIL - I just want to go to bed from the 23rd till Jan 2nd!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Present wise - Try either sending stuff like tea towels, cloth badges, that kind of thing, which are very light to post and fairly flat amd small, or use sites like Amazon - order over the net for delievry in the UK. I use ebay Uk for some stuff ow - if you ask the seller first a lot of them will accept payment from here for delievry there

As for Christmas - now just brings one phrase to mind - MIL - I just want to go to bed from the 23rd till Jan 2nd!

I've`really only got to buy for nieces and nephews so i thought maybe T-shirts???? Your right I need light things. Love the idea of the wooden koala letters! My little niece would love that. Off xmas shopping again tomorrow. Now have a list to make it easier. Great thing is I can drop kids at their school in Eumundi then pop to the market. There's some great homemade stuff there. I also thought about necklaces and earrings, they're nice and light. Sent nephews b'day pressie (an aussie footy, air taken out), what a shock $30!!!!! The bloody ball only cost $14!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Wink Re: Jingle bells......last date for posting from oz!

I've`really only got to buy for nieces and nephews so i thought maybe T-shirts???? Your right I need light things. Love the idea of the wooden koala letters! My little niece would love that. Off xmas shopping again tomorrow. Now have a list to make it easier. Great thing is I can drop kids at their school in Eumundi then pop to the market. There's some great homemade stuff there. I also thought about necklaces and earrings, they're nice and light. Sent nephews b'day pressie (an aussie footy, air taken out), what a shock $30!!!!! The bloody ball only cost $14!
WTF Good heavens woman what are you on about, KEEP YOUR BLOODY XMAS thoughts to yourself, baaaa hum bug. Xmas is for children (bloody little ankle biters, burn them all at the stake, I say) Perhaps Santa should get that last boat to the UK, lets hope it sinks, the boat not the UK, but why I am in this frame of mind, may as well sink the UK why they are at it. I hope all the xmas trees are burned in the bush fires, perhaps the ones up your neck of the woods. I hope Rudolph is taken by African poachers so I never have to hear about his bloody red nose. Three wise Kings carrying frankincense gold and Muir, just shows that drug runners were around even then. Tell the little buggers that you posted their presents and they must have got lost in the post or have been stolen by one of those naughty post men, they will never know. Why the hell do you think I emigrated to OZ (get away from Xmas) My darling wife she who must be obeyed, tells me I fit in well in Qld as I am a tight miserable old bastard.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
WTF Good heavens woman what are you on about, KEEP YOUR BLOODY XMAS thoughts to yourself, baaaa hum bug. Xmas is for children (bloody little ankle biters, burn them all at the stake, I say) Perhaps Santa should get that last boat to the UK, lets hope it sinks, the boat not the UK, but why I am in this frame of mind, may as well sink the UK why they are at it. I hope all the xmas trees are burned in the bush fires, perhaps the ones up your neck of the woods. I hope Rudolph is taken by African poachers so I never have to hear about his bloody red nose. Three wise Kings carrying frankincense gold and Muir, just shows that drug runners were around even then. Tell the little buggers that you posted their presents and they must have got lost in the post or have been stolen by one of those naughty post men, they will never know. Why the hell do you think I emigrated to OZ (get away from Xmas) My darling wife she who must be obeyed, tells me I fit in well in Qld as I am a tight miserable old bastard.
Feeling low Don't worry I'll add you to my christmas list as long as you promise to be good! Now what shall I get you.............ummmmm very difficult, maybe another Roy Cropper bag????
Old Aug 30th 2006, 6:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Methinks you're having a bad day. And I object to being labelled a tight miserable ............. just because I live in QLD - how does that work
Old Aug 30th 2006, 6:45 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Methinks you're having a bad day. And I object to being labelled a tight miserable ............. just because I live in QLD - how does that work
I have more of an issue wih children being burned at the stake to be honest!!

Ps - Our local post office said last crimbo post was 29th Sept
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:43 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

If your taking her back on the second you could always stay over and come to my birthday, we're having jelly and ice cream
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:51 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

You've not done Christmas here then?
Oooohh your so going to hate it: Carrol's non stop form the end of November, houses lit up with so many lights you can sit outside the lecky meter and use it as a fan to keep cool, Slade every second record, Christmas cards depicting snow scenes and to cap it all 44 deg heat while you eat your turkey.
Have fun Ebenezer
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:38 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot to put the at the end
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:42 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
If your taking her back on the second you could always stay over and come to my birthday, we're having jelly and ice cream
Are you doing goodie bags? We might just drop in! Could become a Christmas tradition
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you doing goodie bags? We might just drop in! Could become a Christmas tradition

Started wrapping the presents and writing the chrimbo cards.....all seems very odd. Brought my nieces a couple of outfits then realised they need jumpers in Dec not shorts and t-shirts! They're going to be a bit chilly come christmas day
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:49 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Rudolph is taken by African poachers so I never have to hear about his bloody red nose.
Maybe then Santa would have to bite the bullet and buy a aircraft and install a GPS system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.