Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jim's mowing etc

Jim's mowing etc

Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:12 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jim's mowing etc

Been reading a thread on here today about jobs in Perth, the upshot was if you want to mow grass you'll be Richy rich.
Has anyone taken on or used a franchise, Jim's mowing, hire a hubby etc ?

Would be interested in any experiences.

Kevin
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jim's mowing etc

Originally Posted by kevinl
Been reading a thread on here today about jobs in Perth, the upshot was if you want to mow grass you'll be Richy rich.

Kevin
Jims is all over Perth and mows my lawns every month.

Funny I thought it was one guy who was very very busy as I see the vans everywhere lol.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

See, I bloody knew it!!!

I have a brilliant brainstorm of an idea and before you know it, they're all jumping on the freakin bandwagon!!

K'off and start a coffee shop or summit will ya?

This is my brain storm!!!!!!!

Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

No, in all seriousness, I haven't done much research, just looked at a few businesses for sale. The general word was you 'could' earn around $40-50K PA for a 3-4 day week.

What a job though?

What 'real' man doesn't just love getting out in the garden on a warm summer's day, shirt off, cold one on the go - and mowing the lawn!!

It's the epitomy of blokeliness and one of the few things in life we're good at and dont get nagged about by er' indoors!!!

Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
No, in all seriousness, I haven't done much research, just looked at a few businesses for sale. The general word was you 'could' earn around $40-50K PA for a 3-4 day week.

What a job though?

What 'real' man doesn't just love getting out in the garden on a warm summer's day, shirt off, cold one on the go - and mowing the lawn!!

It's the epitomy of blokeliness and one of the few things in life we're good at and dont get nagged about by er' indoors!!!

Be carefull what you wish for it gets really hot here in OZ and I would hate an outside job.

You will be begging for a job inside with aircon once you experience summer.

Partner is a painter could not wait to get here thought oooooooooooooooh yeh outside with a tinnie in the sun what more could he ask for.

AIR CON INSIDE LOL.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by maggy
Be carefull what you wish for it gets really hot here in OZ and I would hate an outside job.

You will be begging for a job inside with aircon once you experience summer.

Partner is a painter could not wait to get here thought oooooooooooooooh yeh outside with a tinnie in the sun what more could he ask for.

AIR CON INSIDE LOL.
I love the heat....yes, REALLY, I do!!

Can think of nothing nicer than working outside in a climate like that!

Dont worry, I'm not wet behind the ears....spent a while in cyprus with the army so know all about working hard in the heat!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I love the heat....yes, REALLY, I do!!

Can think of nothing nicer than working outside in a climate like that!

Dont worry, I'm not wet behind the ears....spent a while in cyprus with the army so know all about working hard in the heat!

Its alot hotter here than Cyprus believe me lol.

I wish you the very best in your venture and if you ever settle in Perth please mow my lawns

i WILL GIVE YOU A NICE COLDIE TO COOL OFF.

On a windy day in the summer it feels like a hot hair dryer burning your skin :scared:

Been here nearly 2 years and the best time of year has to be spring
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:35 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

See, I bloody knew it!!!

I have a brilliant brainstorm of an idea and before you know it, they're all jumping on the freakin bandwagon!!

K'off and start a coffee shop or summit will ya?

This is my brain storm!!!!!!!

Not that it matters and I really don't want to get into any of the silly arguments, specially as this has been good humoured and a nice bit smutty on your thread but I had started making inquires about "Jim's" franchises a while ago.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328841

Am happy to pool any info I have and would be interested in any info you gain.

Kevin
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:39 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
Its alot hotter here than Cyprus believe me lol.

I wish you the very best in your venture and if you ever settle in Perth please mow my lawns

i WILL GIVE YOU A NICE COLDIE TO COOL OFF.

On a windy day in the summer it feels like a hot hair dryer burning your skin :scared:

Been here nearly 2 years and the best time of year has to be spring
As someone who uses a gardening service (35$ for 15 minutes for 3 blokes to come and mow the lot on our 1,000sqm plot (as an idea of price))....

Forget the weather - the main reason I pay someone else to cut my grass is because there are vicious beasties and monsters hiding in that grass and I dont want them biting MY ankles. I would not do any work here that puts me in direct contact with more vegetation than neccessary.

These guys seem to be busy though!. They have my admiration and respect for risking their lives on a daily basis in pursuit of suburban happiness for others.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:44 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Jim's mowing etc

I used "Hire a Hubby" once, and was very impressed with the service I received.

FWIW.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:49 pm
Never been to Australia

When we came for our WHV we camped for 10 months, for the first few weeks we "stamped" everywhere as someone tolds us that would warn snakes etc we were coming. After a while we forgot to do it and saw the same amount of creatures.

I'm sure someone will correct me but getting injured from the creatures is pretty rare, isn't it... it is isn't it....yea i'm sure it is ?

Kevin
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:53 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I used "Hire a Hubby" once, and was very impressed with the service I received.

FWIW.
I'd keep that under your hat if I were you...
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:02 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Jim's mowing etc

Originally Posted by Del Boy
I'd keep that under your hat if I were you...

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Nov 18th 2005 at 9:08 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Jim does my lawn too.
Spec he has a special rate on flights from Perth
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:40 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinl

Kevin
A friend of mine had a Hire a Hubby franchise until recently. He struggled to make a living. There is a lot of competition for the kind of business & he found that whilst he had to have liability insurance (which cost a fortune, apperently it doubled in one year) there were loads of one man band, cash in hand guys who didn't bother with irsurance. He sold the franchise on recently.
I reckon you would be better setting up on your own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.