Jet Lag

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:39 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jet Lag

When does it kick in?

Getting together a timetable for our reccie and was wondering when it will hit us. How long are we likely to feel it's effects?

Thanks

D D

PS Happy New Year!!
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jet Lag

hi, We flew via the states from London and I think we got over it really quickly - about 3 days, we had the usual waking up at 3am but it phased out, mainly due to excitement and the amount of things to do I think. We were tired but it was managable, However when coming home I was jet lagged for litterally 3 weeks!!! I fell asleep at my desk at work I felt awful, like I was sick but all it was, was jet lag.
I think it is different for different people, I sometimes found meals regulated the sleep patterns, such as waking at 3am was our home dinner time, I would be really hungry but try to avoid eating as it seems to throw the body clock out otherwise. Drink plenty of WATER that is on the plane also.
Good Luck
Nancy

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
When does it kick in?

Getting together a timetable for our reccie and was wondering when it will hit us. How long are we likely to feel it's effects?

Thanks

D D

PS Happy New Year!!
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Try your best to get into the swing of doing things at the 'proper' time asap.

Drink loads of water - dehydration is a big problem.

My longest flight to date was to NY - so not overly long, but long enough. Took about 24 hours for me to feel ok. But then again I do a mixture of shifts.

Cas x
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i recently did a 10 day trip back to UK. I found i was fine when i arrived there and my sleep pattern fitted in nearly straight away after the first day.
Coming back to Australia was terrible!!! I was all over he place for about 10 days and felt ill, lethargic and quite disorientated much of the time. I have been home for 3 weeks now and just starting to get back to normal (although a ferocious storm is keeping me awake tonight!!)
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:07 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Try your best to get into the swing of doing things at the 'proper' time asap.

Drink loads of water - dehydration is a big problem.

My longest flight to date was to NY - so not overly long, but long enough. Took about 24 hours for me to feel ok. But then again I do a mixture of shifts.

Cas x
Thanks for the replies Nancy & Cas.

Definitely agree about the water. Our longest flight so far was to San Francisco. Didn't drink enough on the plane and ended up with the most awful headache and then intimitely knowing the bathroom for our first night in SF. In the morning MrDD & boys visited Golden Gate Park whilst I stayed in bed recovering - really am getting a bit worried that it will happen again but this time I'll still be on the plane and not in the comfort of a hotel room. Also am not eating airline food (just in case!!). 'eck, I do sound paranoid, don't I?!!!

D D
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the replies Nancy & Cas.

Definitely agree about the water. Our longest flight so far was to San Francisco. Didn't drink enough on the plane and ended up with the most awful headache and then intimitely knowing the bathroom for our first night in SF. In the morning MrDD & boys visited Golden Gate Park whilst I stayed in bed recovering - really am getting a bit worried that it will happen again but this time I'll still be on the plane and not in the comfort of a hotel room. Also am not eating airline food (just in case!!). 'eck, I do sound paranoid, don't I?!!!

D D
Who are you flying with DD?

Cas
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:32 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Drinking plenty of water is definitely good advice. As is getting up for a stroll around the plane at least every couple of hours.
When we went to Oz in October, we flew Friday night and landed Sunday morning and I had about 6 hours kip during the flight (in short naps). I was in bed early on our first night but basically felt OK - no real jetlag effects. On the way back I did the same (flying Sunday night, landing Monday mid-day) and did feel a bit 'slow' for 3 or 4 days but again basically OK.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Also, to be on the safe side, take 75mg Asprin for a couple of weeks to thin your blood and so help to avert DVTs. (as will walking about - stops your bum going numb too !)

I was given a pile of Ted stockings (things you wear after an op) when I left work - don't think I'll be wearing them though !!

Cas x
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:45 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Who are you flying with DD?

Cas
Hi Cas

Flying with Singapore. How many days do you have left??????

(oops just seen your signature!). 7 days :scared: How are you feeling?
D D
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:50 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi Cas

Flying with Singapore. How many days do you have left??????

(oops just seen your signature!). 7 days :scared: How are you feeling?
D D
Hi
I fly a lot to US from Netherlands as well as to India and other places. The best way to get over the jet lag is drink plenty of water. The most important that worked all time is to get some sun. Stay in the sun for a while ofcourse either using the suncream or in the shadow. The reason behind is our body starts producing all sorts of hormones which overcome the jet lag soon.

Hope it helps

Badri
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

When does it kick in?

Thanks

D D

PS Happy New Year!!
Someone recommended L-5HTP tablets to me. We used them when we went to Oz and they were fantastic - no jet lag whatsoever. Went to bed normal time - up normal time, no tiredness at all (despite not sleeping on the plane - hubby slept all the way !). Holland and Barrett sell them -well worth it. They are a little pricey but I stocked up in the sale
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ohippy
Someone recommended L-5HTP tablets to me. We used them when we went to Oz and they were fantastic - no jet lag whatsoever. Went to bed normal time - up normal time, no tiredness at all (despite not sleeping on the plane - hubby slept all the way !). Holland and Barrett sell them -well worth it. They are a little pricey but I stocked up in the sale
Been trying to remember the name of those tablets - went into H & B and they didn't know - glad you do!

How long before you fly do you have to take them - do I have time??

Cas
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Also, to be on the safe side, take 75mg Asprin for a couple of weeks to thin your blood and so help to avert DVTs. (as will walking about - stops your bum going numb too !)

I was given a pile of Ted stockings (things you wear after an op) when I left work - don't think I'll be wearing them though !!

Cas x

ah, those lovely white ted stockings! go on wear them, tony will be spoilt for choice! ha ha
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
ah, those lovely white ted stockings! go on wear them, tony will be spoilt for choice! ha ha
Lol, you know me far too well!
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Lol, you know me far too well!

sad thing is, jim got given a pair and thinks they are fab!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.