Jessica Watson

Old May 18th 2010, 4:20 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Jessica Watson

Originally Posted by dave99
A slow news week is all it was, bugger all happening so they will cover anything
We've now got total media coverage on a Politician telling us that Politicians tell lies As if we didn't know...

Old May 18th 2010, 5:12 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cresta57
Err no actually her job is to sail the course that the route planner provided. Planning the route is his task. It's her job to navigate her boat along that route solo. Kind of like a co-driver in a rally car. ...
Yes you would have the route planner doing the detailed plan but as sailor you should/would still be expected to know roughly where you were sailing.

Bit like driving a car. You may have a navigator but you'd still know roughly the route you were travelling/driving.
Old May 18th 2010, 9:33 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Yes you would have the route planner doing the detailed plan but as sailor you should/would still be expected to know roughly where you were sailing.

Bit like driving a car. You may have a navigator but you'd still know roughly the route you were travelling/driving.
Err yes full marks for stating the blatantly obvious Just like driver & co-driver I'm sure she sat down with the planner & discussed options, courses, prevailing wind directions & a multitude of other details.
It's pretty bloody obvious that if she's steering a route she knows where she's going. After all she set off from Sydney & miraculously arrived back there I'm quite sure she knew the major waypoints of by heart.
Old May 18th 2010, 9:38 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

If she was rich, poor, dumb, in it for the money, or anything else you can think of, ask yourself, could you have done what she has done?
Old May 18th 2010, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Ok,I ahve been polarised on my criticism of Ms Watson and on her stellar,incredible,hero,glorifying junket in which no-one else could have ever completed.
MMMMMmmmmmmmmm,remember Jesse Martin?
A rather wealthy spoilt mummy and daddys boy who,did the rich kiddie thing similiar to the best surgeon,cancer curer her Watson did.
BUT,a motor vehicle collides with a train-said motor vehicle drives AROUND the boom gates and is hit by train.
Driver absconds.
Driver is located.
Why did this driver run?
Driver was identified as JESSE MARTIN.
That was never front page news and heroworthiness,funny enough,you would think the family had some media connections........................
In Melbournes Bayside suburb,don't bother searching for the collision on Murdoch press.......................................
Old May 18th 2010, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by boots
Ok,I ahve been polarised on my criticism of Ms Watson and on her stellar,incredible,hero,glorifying junket in which no-one else could have ever completed.
Could YOU have done it?
Old May 18th 2010, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Funnily enough,
YES!
Mumsy and Daddsy providing the $$$-anyone could have.
Think about it.
Rocket science involved?
Was she a poor girl from Bankstown or Sunshine?No,why not?
GPS directing her,and the difficulty is?
Please people get a reality check.
Old May 18th 2010, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Funnily enough,
YES!
Mumsy and Daddsy providing the $$$-anyone could have.
Think about it.
Rocket science involved?
Was she a poor girl from Bankstown or Sunshine?No,why not?
GPS directing her,and the difficulty is?
Please people get a reality check.
****ing hilarious... so you think the only hard bit about sailing round the globe is using the GPS to make sure the pointy bit at the front is going in the right direction?
Old May 18th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Well she has proven a point hasn't she?
So a brain surgeon at 16 years old?No?Why?
I think you yachtie snobs have been discovered for what you really are,and the non yachties who wanna be.
Why no 16 year Prime Ministers or Presidents?
Why no eminant scientists at 16 years old?
But,16 year old learner drivers,checkout chicks etc.
So please enlighten us on why a priveleged young lady is not flying the space shuttle to the Moon or Commanding an Aircraft Carrier?
Whats that?
Easy point boat,punch in GPS directions-Is that too hard??????????
Old May 18th 2010, 10:15 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

The real heros are the soldiers who come back from Afghanestan and Iraq with their legs and arms blown off, they did it to defend us not for fame and fortune, theres no massive crowds welcoming them as heros or million dollar media deals , they are stuck in small disabilty pensions for the rest of their lives.

Last edited by mohogony; May 18th 2010 at 10:18 am.
Old May 18th 2010, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

And please also enlighten us all how Ms Watson COLLIDED with a Container Ship barely 5 Nautical Miles on her first run,or have you conveniently forgotton that?
How can a 30' boat,in broad daylight, miss a 80,000 tonne BULK SHIP?
But that didn't happen did it?
Old May 18th 2010, 10:28 am
Account Closed

I think you yachtie snobs have been discovered for what you really are,and the non yachties who wanna be.
Me, a "yachtie snob" !

I can think of nothing worse than bouncing around the ocean in a small boat. I had to spend a few weeks on a 500 foot 12,000 ton warship once and I was sick constantly. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go yachting.

I think we have established that you don't have a clue what you are talking about, so can I suggest you give this up now, before you make yourself look an even bigger idiot than you have managed so far.
Old May 18th 2010, 10:56 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon the critics on here couldn't even reverse the friggin trailer down the boat ramp...
Old May 18th 2010, 11:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

As a parent of a 17 year old girl I have to say I take my hat off to her parents. Whilst I'd be unbelievably proud of her she must have taken a good few years off their lives from worry. I am already worrying about my daughter having her Ps and driving down the road alone
Old May 18th 2010, 11:28 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Well she has proven a point hasn't she?
So a brain surgeon at 16 years old?No?Why?
Why no 16 year Prime Ministers or Presidents?
Why no eminant scientists at 16 years old?
But,16 year old learner drivers,checkout chicks etc.
So please enlighten us on why a priveleged young lady is not flying the space shuttle to the Moon or Commanding an Aircraft Carrier?
Whats that?
Easy point boat,punch in GPS directions-Is that too hard??????????
Just one button, Just one button

Where is the damn FOFF button

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.