Jessica Watson

Old May 16th 2010, 12:08 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jessica Watson

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Americas Cup?
Whitbread?
Leading sail designers?

You not from around here
Pah

Rodger the cabinboy
Old May 16th 2010, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is probably one of the most insane threads i have got myself into on BE, am outta here

you've gotta give BE credit where credit is due, you name it , we can argue about it, insult each other about it, be snobbish about it, and generaly insane about it and let us not forget the wannabe intellectuals having their moment of fame about it
Old May 16th 2010, 12:32 pm
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

I wonder how easy it would be to fake a round the world trip?
Old May 16th 2010, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolshadows

give it a shot and we'll all come and wave you into Sydney, promise!!
Old May 16th 2010, 12:42 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolshadows
Pretty easy, most of us on here have never even emigrated. I just pretend I live in Australia, I really live in a dismal semi in Doncaster I know a bloke that lives in Australia & he does cameo's for me if I post him a jar of Coleman's mint sauce
Old May 16th 2010, 12:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
this is probably one of the most insane threads i have got myself into on BE, am outta here

you've gotta give BE credit where credit is due, you name it , we can argue about it, insult each other about it, be snobbish about it, and generaly insane about it and let us not forget the wannabe intellectuals having their moment of fame about it
We can also agree about stuff, support people we don't really know and happily take the piss and have a laugh. Much the same as real life then really
Old May 17th 2010, 7:02 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

SHe turned down a quarter of a million dollars offered by a magazine just to take some photos of her 17th birthaday party. She should have let them take the photos and given the money to charity.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/f...-1225867528902

Last edited by mohogony; May 17th 2010 at 7:11 pm.
Old May 18th 2010, 12:01 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
SHe turned down a quarter of a million dollars offered by a magazine just to take some photos of her 17th birthaday party. She should have let them take the photos and given the money to charity.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/f...-1225867528902

It would appear that in some people's eyes this girl is not going to be able to do anything right.

If she did go on to cure cancer tomorrow, I imagine there would be outcry that she didn't cure Alzheimers and HIV too...

S
Old May 18th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Fair play to the lass, but the media coverage was (and still is) well over the top. It amuses me how every network screams about their EXCLUSIVE with Jessica.

Not faulting her at all. Its a great achievement and deserves to be celebrated. But the whole episode is another example of the weird chest beating patriotism constantly churned out by channels 7/9/10

I think they were just to avoid mentioning the cricket though
Old May 18th 2010, 2:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Fair play to the lass, but the media coverage was (and still is) well over the top. It amuses me how every network screams about their EXCLUSIVE with Jessica.

Not faulting her at all. Its a great achievement and deserves to be celebrated. But the whole episode is another example of the weird chest beating patriotism constantly churned out by channels 7/9/10

I think they were just to avoid mentioning the cricket though
Oh I'm sure the British media would have done the same thing. I seem to remember a certain amount of hoo ha over Tracey Edwards. No one can tell me ITV and BBC et al would have given the news five minutes mention and then moved on.
Old May 18th 2010, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80

Do you remember when those 2 miners were rescued a few years back. The coverage went on for weeks the book, the movie, the USA TV appearance where they come across as thick

I couldnt help thinking at the time, miners in many countries are lost, hurt, rescued all the time but no according to the aussie media it was a world exclusive event

I love the way it brings out all this "battler" Hero " talk, in one event/disaster they were saying only aussies would feel such emotion and 'mateship" urm what about 9/11 or the london underground.

Totally OTT coverage and bizzare comments at times
Old May 18th 2010, 2:48 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Do you remember when those 2 miners were rescued a few years back. The coverage went on for weeks the book, the movie, the USA TV appearance where they come across as thick

I couldnt help thinking at the time, miners in many countries are lost, hurt, rescued all the time but no according to the aussie media it was a world exclusive event

I love the way it brings out all this "battler" Hero " talk, in one event/disaster they were saying only aussies would feel such emotion and 'mateship" urm what about 9/11 or the london underground.

Totally OTT coverage and bizzare comments at times
Ah yes the old Aussie mateship............
Old May 18th 2010, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oh I'm sure the British media would have done the same thing. I seem to remember a certain amount of hoo ha over Tracey Edwards. No one can tell me ITV and BBC et al would have given the news five minutes mention and then moved on.
It would have got a bit of coverage for sure, definitely in the sunday tabloids in particular, but there's no way it would have been on 3 of the main network channels (as well as One and other digital channels as well presumably) simutaneously for half the day. Thats just nuts.
Old May 18th 2010, 3:20 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
give it a shot and we'll all come and wave you into Sydney, promise!!
It would be hilarious if it was all a big scam.
Old May 18th 2010, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

A slow news week is all it was, bugger all happening so they will cover anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.