Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jeepers, how cold and miserable is Perth at the minute?

Jeepers, how cold and miserable is Perth at the minute?

Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:09 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeepers, how cold and miserable is Perth at the minute?

were all out of wood
im so lost without you.
im freezing at night,
freezing my tits off
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by aston man
were all out of wood
im so lost without you.
im freezing at night,
freezing my tits off
And you are very moist
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't seem to be able to get wood for a gold bar.

And when I do get the burner going, it's like heating the whole world, the insulation and glazing are so crap.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

I have tp admit I'm impressed with the Perth winter. I thought it would just be a boring ten degree drop from 35 to 25. We even had fog last week. I could do with a summer soon though.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:22 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twhurl
I have tp admit I'm impressed with the Perth winter. I thought it would just be a boring ten degree drop from 35 to 25. We even had fog last week. I could do with a summer soon though.
dont moan about the rain,you will be glad of it in the summer..

summer time,and the livin is easy,
fish are jumpin and the cotton is high,
so your dad is rich and your mom is good lookin.
hush little baby ,dont you cry.......
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
And you are very moist
moist,youve lost me there
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

moist,youve lost me there
Behave anna!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

So are u all saying that there is a hole in the market for dbl g and ctrl heating - surprises me!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:41 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
So are u all saying that there is a hole in the market for dbl g and ctrl heating - surprises me!
Double glazing and central heating are concepts lost on Australian home builders.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Double glazing and central heating are concepts lost on Australian home builders.
Double glazing is available here. Go to a decent builder, tell them what you want and get there designed to knock something up for you. You can choose any product you want. The problem is that you have to pay a premium for that. You're probably talking about the off-the-plan bog standard project home that most people build so as not to over-capatalise when they build a home to rent out or sell straight away, or simply can't afford anything custom built.

The last house we had built, was fully insulated, and had double glazing as there was a two story entry that was all glass windows.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm looking at new windows and doors for our renovations. Double glazing is most definitely an option available - although it's not cheap. Central heating is used in Victoria and Tasmania. So I'm sure you could get it installed anywhere in Australia.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

You should be able to get it if you ask, although I haven't heard of anyone installing central heating as such - mostly heat pumps and underfloor.

We have the same attitude to double glazing and central heating here in NZ and it's a hell of a lot colder here. We've just had 3 days of rain and the temp is 7 - 10 max during the day dropping to zero or below at night in winter, so Perth is sounding good. We just installed a double-glazed ranchslider and I was skeptical because of the horrendous price, but it is SO worth it. We don't even need curtains.

We found Perth cool in June, but I think it's the wind chill factor that makes it seem colder than it is. The temps there were what we get in late spring but the wind was atrocious. Still, we managed with light fleece jackets. Perth sure knows how to put on a lightning extravaganza though.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Don't seem to be able to get wood for a gold bar.
One of the benefits of living in the country
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 6:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm looking at new windows and doors for our renovations. Double glazing is most definitely an option available - although it's not cheap. Central heating is used in Victoria and Tasmania. So I'm sure you could get it installed anywhere in Australia.
ama,i met apom at the home exhibiton,his company make them quite resonable,ill try and find his number,,,easy to put in mate...
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:08 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

ama,i met apom at the home exhibiton,his company make them quite resonable,ill try and find his number,,,easy to put in mate...
Can you post it here M? We're hopefully going to be building soon and would like decent windows. We have a lot of windows in our plan, so need something better than the shite that's in our rental.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.