Jealousies

Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jealousies

Hi all,

Have any of you had to deal with jealous friends/relatives since your visa grants?

TC
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jealousies

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hi all,

Have any of you had to deal with jealous friends/relatives since your visa grants?

TC
can't say anyone has been jealous, but a friend has been very bitter about us going - she is absolutely not jealous as she has no desire to move away from the UK, but she hates the fact that i am moving tothe other side of the world and has worried that we won't be giving our children a very good life away from their grandparents.

a sister keeps on about how much her daughter (my niece) is getting upset because we are going - this is a sister who never phones or comes over to see us.

other than that no probs - unless they are keeping it to them selves
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:29 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive had a couple of people say 'Oh you wont go to Australia, no way'

We havent got the visas yet, so dont know what they will say once we have.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:30 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

TC
Not Jealousey but my sister put alot of pressure on me on Sunday ...we all were at a family christening and the champers was flowing. She cired from 10 pm onwards ....begging me not to go.........pleading with my husband to not take her family away...................Telling us that we are selfish and that now, if she needs me i am only 2 hours away

What about ME !!!!! and my family. They didn't think we would go and now that we are hopefully near to the end of the visa process they have had a shock. The youngest child of a very small family has dared to do her own thing with her own life

I dont think she is fair and infact i was very annoyed with her the next day for pressurising me like that........now it has confirmed that we don't want a leaving party and are goodbyes will be small and individual .....i just could not cope on the night with her crying like that
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
can't say anyone has been jealous, but a friend has been very bitter about us going - she is absolutely not jealous as she has no desire to move away from the UK, but she hates the fact that i am moving tothe other side of the world and has worried that we won't be giving our children a very good life away from their grandparents.

a sister keeps on about how much her daughter (my niece) is getting upset because we are going - this is a sister who never phones or comes over to see us.

other than that no probs - unless they are keeping it to them selves
That seems to be what we're about to go thru. Why are some people so like this???

Are you worried that they could complicate things by anonymous calls/emails to DIMA?....or are they not that bad. I know people who are like this!

Wonder if DIMA would listen anyway?

TC
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:40 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

That seems to be what we're about to go thru. Why are some people so like this???

Are you worried that they could complicate things by anonymous calls/emails to DIMA?....or are they not that bad. I know people who are like this!

TC

TC I could hug you. I have had similar thoughts.

It makes me wonder what lengths someone could go to - in order to stop a person going.

That would make interesting debate.

What lengths have people gone to, to stop you emigrating?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

TC
i know, she's a great mate and she's a homebody that's her choice - I'm not I get itchy feet - the world has a lot to offer.

No not worried - we have our visa now, and if any mate had done or this or thought about it - then they really not good enough friends.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

i know, she's a great mate and she's a homebody that's her choice - I'm not I get itchy feet - the world has a lot to offer.

No not worried - we have our visa now, and if any mate had done or this or thought about it - then they really not good enough friends.

Don't mean to worry you...but just because u have your visa doesn't mean that someone couldn't email/phone DIMA and make up some stuff so that they'd have to investigate.

Maybe I'm being paranoid...but having seen the odd person's reactions since I've told them....and this tied with knowing what they are like.....hmmmm...does make me wonder.

I guess DIMA have heard it all before!

TC
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
TC I could hug you. I have had similar thoughts.

It makes me wonder what lengths someone could go to - in order to stop a person going.

That would make interesting debate.

What lengths have people gone to, to stop you emigrating?
I know...but some people are pretty messed up...they don't want u to have what they can't have either.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 3:53 pm

I know...but some people are pretty messed up...they don't want u to have what they can't have either.

I think when children are involved, people can get very manipulative.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't mean to worry you...but just because u have your visa doesn't mean that someone couldn't email/phone DIMA and make up some stuff so that they'd have to investigate.

Maybe I'm being paranoid...but having seen the odd person's reactions since I've told them....and this tied with knowing what they are like.....hmmmm...does make me wonder.

I guess DIMA have heard it all before!

TC
I hope not (LOL)

maybe you just need to sit back and chill out for a while, let them get over their reactions and jealousies, then when you have your visa you can stick two fingers up at them as you sit in your lovely aussie house, having a glass of aussie wine/beer.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I hope not (LOL)

maybe you just need to sit back and chill out for a while, let them get over their reactions and jealousies, then when you have your visa you can stick two fingers up at them as you sit in your lovely aussie house, having a glass of aussie wine/beer.

I'm drinking already!!

Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Funny, had a similar little comment today, a certain family member said if anything should happen to my parents, i will not see any of the house funds or posessions etc as i'll not be here, i thought a mixture of jealously and greed on their part, but anyway iam not stressing. Not worrying about it when iam in my new life.

sj
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Funny, had a similar little comment today, a certain family member said if anything should happen to my parents, i will not see any of the house funds or posessions etc as i'll not be here, i thought a mixture of jealously and greed on their part, but anyway iam not stressing. Not worrying about it when iam in my new life.

sj

Are you kidding?

That is a terrible thing to say to you.

I absolutely hate, loathe and detest people that fight over someones belongings when they have died. Parasites.

You go girl and enjoy your new life and all that it brings. As you say, greed and jealousy.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

quote deleted
LOL i bet it did

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 15th 2006 at 2:40 pm. Reason: quote removed as post was deleted at request of OP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.