Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jarrahdale - south of Perth

Jarrahdale - south of Perth

Old Oct 8th 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Jarrahdale - south of Perth

Anyone in Jarrahdale area, or know much about it? Just starting to look it's South of Perth inland from Rockingham, We want semi rural as we have dogs.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you
Old Oct 8th 2006, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jarrahdale - south of Perth

Jarrahdale is beautiful and very rural, not semi-rural. Had a wonderful drive round there on Friday and again today and it is stunning.

Also went through Byford which is more semi-rural. Country Baldivis or Wellard would also fit the Semi-rural bill, only 10 minutes from the freeway, 30 minutes form Mandurah, Perth, airport, 10 minutes from the beach, 15 minutes from Jarrahdale and real country. Loads of schools to choose from.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 1:10 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marvinc
Anyone in Jarrahdale area, or know much about it? Just starting to look it's South of Perth inland from Rockingham, We want semi rural as we have dogs.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you
well thats wierd- I went there today for the first time! (went for a ride with some mates on our motorbikes to the jarrahdale tavern-great out of town pub) I agree with above poster, its absolutly beautiful. it took approx 25 mins to get there from port kennedy (rockingham) there is a new estate being built there called 'The Chestnuts' -dunno if you can google that for more info. Not your typical housing estate though all the properties were on loads of land all an acre plus it seemed and the homes were all bigger than what you'd get in an average suburb (not that size is important but thats just how I found it). there were 3 large dogs having a great game of chase with us along their garden fence! I'd say at the brief glance that I had today its a little more than semi rural ( but I'm a townie) but it may be absolutly perfect for you! hope this helps
Old Oct 8th 2006, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by squeezzii
well thats wierd- I went there today for the first time! (went for a ride with some mates on our motorbikes to the jarrahdale tavern-great out of town pub) I agree with above poster, its absolutly beautiful. it took approx 25 mins to get there from port kennedy (rockingham) there is a new estate being built there called 'The Chestnuts' -dunno if you can google that for more info. Not your typical housing estate though all the properties were on loads of land all an acre plus it seemed and the homes were all bigger than what you'd get in an average suburb (not that size is important but thats just how I found it). there were 3 large dogs having a great game of chase with us along their garden fence! I'd say at the brief glance that I had today its a little more than semi rural ( but I'm a townie) but it may be absolutly perfect for you! hope this helps
Thanks for posting, sounds great!!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunbather
Jarrahdale is beautiful and very rural, not semi-rural. Had a wonderful drive round there on Friday and again today and it is stunning.

Also went through Byford which is more semi-rural. Country Baldivis or Wellard would also fit the Semi-rural bill, only 10 minutes from the freeway, 30 minutes form Mandurah, Perth, airport, 10 minutes from the beach, 15 minutes from Jarrahdale and real country. Loads of schools to choose from.
Thanks for the post, anyone have piccies?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 7:30 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

I found links to several piccies here ...

http://mitchster.egn.com.au/?page_id=74

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...arrahdale.html

http://www.calm.wa.gov.au/national_p...erpentine.html

Last edited by johnnie7au; Oct 12th 2006 at 8:16 am.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:54 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

No worries,

I love Jarrahdale, Serpentine, Pinjarra, Mundijong,

Perhaps check out some of the adjoining suburbs, Armadale, Kelmscott, Byford, Martin, Oakford .. etc. etc.

Oh!

Roleystone andKaragullen are also worth a look!

These suburbs have little pockets of seclusion and "rural style" living, but also offer the convenience and access to transport, shops etc. etc, within a 5 min drive rather than a 20 - 25 min drive.

Take care ..
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnnie7au
No worries,

I love Jarrahdale, Serpentine, Pinjarra, Mundijong,

Perhaps check out some of the adjoining suburbs, Armadale, Kelmscott, Byford, Martin, Oakford .. etc. etc.

Oh!

Roleystone andKaragullen are also worth a look!

These suburbs have little pockets of seclusion and "rural style" living, but also offer the convenience and access to transport, shops etc. etc, within a 5 min drive rather than a 20 - 25 min drive.

Take care ..
That's just the sort of pointer I need, MANY thanks
Old Oct 12th 2006, 11:04 am
A happy pom in Oz!

Wendy

Pls feel free to email me if you need any more info .. 'bout this neck of the woods ..

(look at my profile for the e-mail address)

Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

Wendy

Pls feel free to email me if you need any more info .. 'bout this neck of the woods ..

(look at my profile for the e-mail address)

I know this post is a few months old, but it has started to answer my questions. I am looking at the Serpentine area, again because I would like some room for my dog, but don't want to be too far from beach probably about 20 minute drive. Not worried about how far from Perth city as I probably own't go that much. Just wondered how far it was from beach, and also what schools are like there?

if anybody can give me pointers, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Denise
x
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:15 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denise6372
I know this post is a few months old, but it has started to answer my questions. I am looking at the Serpentine area, again because I would like some room for my dog, but don't want to be too far from beach probably about 20 minute drive. Not worried about how far from Perth city as I probably own't go that much. Just wondered how far it was from beach, and also what schools are like there?

if anybody can give me pointers, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Denise
x
Hi Denise, we've got friends that live slap bang in the middle of Serpy and it is stunning...they live on 6 acres with their 2 kids and a dog and a horse.....the beach at Rockingham willl take you 1/2 hr from there, San Remo and Secret Harbour a bit further south 40 mins, however you've got the option of the Darling scarp which is just stunning all year round and great for walking the dog. The city is a 45min minimum trip from Serpy up the Tonkin highway, which is quite an easy drive.................in a nutshell, we'd love to live there but working in the city won't allow it...........maybe in years to come!!

Good luck

Dave
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi Denise, we've got friends that live slap bang in the middle of Serpy and it is stunning...they live on 6 acres with their 2 kids and a dog and a horse.....the beach at Rockingham willl take you 1/2 hr from there, San Remo and Secret Harbour a bit further south 40 mins, however you've got the option of the Darling scarp which is just stunning all year round and great for walking the dog. The city is a 45min minimum trip from Serpy up the Tonkin highway, which is quite an easy drive.................in a nutshell, we'd love to live there but working in the city won't allow it...........maybe in years to come!!

Good luck

Dave
Thanks so much for that Dave. I think I needed confirmation really if that makes sense, sometimes it just takes somebody else to agree with you before you believe it yourself.

Sorry for waffling, but thanks again for the reply.

Denise
x
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:50 am
A happy pom in Oz!

Top spot .. peaceful and tranquil ...

I would live there like a shot ..

Kids can get a little bored at times .. but from what I gather a real sense of community is going on there, even though there is a lack of large facilities and clubs etc.

If you want more choice regards social life for yourself and the kids, Byford and Armadale / Kelmscott .. larger population density have areas with larger facilities and ameneties closer to hand. Local government high schools are Kelmscott. Armadale, Cecil Andrews.

I have taught at all of these schools and my oldest daughter attends Kelmscott Senior High ad loves it! My other daughter is looking forward to attending next year.

I have friends in a charming area on the outskirts of Armadale who have a home on a couple of acres, new home, 10 mins from shopping centre, railway, 10 to 15 mins to school. LOADS of room for a pony!

Don't get me wrong .. you must look at Jarradale - Serpentine .. but if you hate the idea of a daily drive of 25 - 30 mins to the nearest major shopping centre, high schools etc. etc, look at other places too!

Good luck ..

I was in Glocester 6 years ago.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Top spot .. peaceful and tranquil ...

I would live there like a shot ..

Kids can get a little bored at times .. but from what I gather a real sense of community is going on there, even though there is a lack of large facilities and clubs etc.

If you want more choice regards social life for yourself and the kids, Byford and Armadale / Kelmscott .. larger population density have areas with larger facilities and ameneties closer to hand. Local government high schools are Kelmscott. Armadale, Cecil Andrews.

I have taught at all of these schools and my oldest daughter attends Kelmscott Senior High ad loves it! My other daughter is looking forward to attending next year.

I have friends in a charming area on the outskirts of Armadale who have a home on a couple of acres, new home, 10 mins from shopping centre, railway, 10 to 15 mins to school. LOADS of room for a pony!

Don't get me wrong .. you must look at Jarradale - Serpentine .. but if you hate the idea of a daily drive of 25 - 30 mins to the nearest major shopping centre, high schools etc. etc, look at other places too!

Good luck ..

I was in Glocester 6 years ago.
Wow, thanks for that information. You made a fab point actually, my daughter does dancing and son does tae kwondo and I know for a fact they really want to keep doing them so perhaps more civilisation would be a good thing. They also want to go down the pony route.......

Whereabouts in Gloucester were you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.