Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

JAL layover hotel

JAL layover hotel

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice
Default JAL layover hotel

Hi

There are some really cheap JAL flights around for Christmas time but the layover outward is over 16 hours and the layover inward is over 8 hours. I can't find anything on their website or on the flight details but I have been told by a friend that when she flew with JAL last year they provided free overnight accommodation at Tokyo Narita on the outward flight but not the return one. Can anyone please let me know if this is still the case. I would like to book it straight away but their offices are closed until Monday. Thanks
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: JAL layover hotel

You need to book them in advance plus they are Not free but are cheap also they are not hotel rooms........... they are located in the airport itself & are about 4Mtr x 4Mtr with 2 x single beds plus shower / toilet room.
I find them great for up to an 8 hour stopover.... quick shower then get some shuteye, phone call wake up from reception desk and then on to the next leg fully refreshed.
Anything longer than 8 hours I use a Hotel ( more room )
Great airline service and would use them again
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I had a hotel room free with my ticket on the way back to the UK and 6-8 hours in the airport on the way out to Oz.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rossi
You need to book them in advance plus they are Not free but are cheap also they are not hotel rooms........... they are located in the airport itself & are about 4Mtr x 4Mtr with 2 x single beds plus shower / toilet room.
I find them great for up to an 8 hour stopover.... quick shower then get some shuteye, phone call wake up from reception desk and then on to the next leg fully refreshed.
Anything longer than 8 hours I use a Hotel ( more room )
Great airline service and would use them again
Hi, yes I think I have seen these on the Airport website. They look like a good idea for the 8 hour layover at the Airport.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
I had a hotel room free with my ticket on the way back to the UK and 6-8 hours in the airport on the way out to Oz.
Thanks for replying - did you know you were getting the free hotel room when you booked? I can find no details on the flight info/JAL website. I think I might book the ticket anyway as it is such a good price.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:55 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a free stop at the hotel Nikko Kansai on our return flight.
It was only 5 mins walking and was near enough attached to the airport.
You were also provided with a voucher for a buffet breakfast which was very nice and there was a good choice to suit everyone.
The hotel was clean and comfortable - they gave us 2 ajoining rooms for us and our 2 daughters. We were thirsty and ended up exchanging some left over Australian travellers cheques at reception for yen to put in the vending machines which worked out expensive!
J x
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
We had a free stop at the hotel Nikko Kansai on our return flight.
It was only 5 mins walking and was near enough attached to the airport.
You were also provided with a voucher for a buffet breakfast which was very nice and there was a good choice to suit everyone.
The hotel was clean and comfortable - they gave us 2 ajoining rooms for us and our 2 daughters. We were thirsty and ended up exchanging some left over Australian travellers cheques at reception for yen to put in the vending machines which worked out expensive!
J x
Thanks.

That is what I have been told as well. I am just suprised that I can't find anything about it being included with the flight details. I think I am still going to book it anyway - can't wait until Monday as it seems a good deal.
Kx
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:19 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt.2006
Thanks.

That is what I have been told as well. I am just suprised that I can't find anything about it being included with the flight details. I think I am still going to book it anyway - can't wait until Monday as it seems a good deal.
Kx
We didn't get any details until we had booked. They may tell you more when you ring to book.
Good luck with it
J x
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We had a free night and breakfast at the Narita which is a very good hotel. They bus you there from the airport and back again the next day.

I think JAL own the hotel and courtesy buses are going to and from the airport all the time.

There was nothing in any literature or on the website about it but like you we had been told about it.

We phoned the people we made the booking through and they didn't know either but they checked and it was all included.

When we got there they had allocated us 2 rooms for us 2 parents and 2 sons (young men).

On the way back to Aus we had a 6 hour stop in the transit side of the airport and that was very boring.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Yes I did know I was getting a hotel room, it was booked throught someone like Travelmood or Bridge The World and I knew through them

Originally Posted by kt.2006
Thanks for replying - did you know you were getting the free hotel room when you booked? I can find no details on the flight info/JAL website. I think I might book the ticket anyway as it is such a good price.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

I have done a few website searches for JAL flying from the UK to aust but there appears to be no flights
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your replies. I rang JAL and they said that on the journey to the UK I would be given free accommodation and a return transfer to the hotel but that because it was an economy ticket I would not get the free buffet breakfast. There is no accommodation on the journey back to Australia.

I am really happy with that so I finally booked 2 tickets for just under $3000 which I think is a great price to spend Xmas in the UK. We are leaving when the schools break up and will be back 2 weeks before they go back.

Thanks again, Kathy
Old Aug 24th 2009, 11:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

There are around a dozen hotels within a ten minute shuttle drive from Narita airport, as well as even more in Narita village itself. Almost all the hotels have free regular shuttle buses from the two terminals and all go from the same slots. The timetables are posted at the stop and, as usual in Japan, the buses leave within a second or two of the advertised time.

The hotels are not hugely expensive and are all used to people dropping in for just a half day or quick overnight: if a flight doesn't include a hotel stopover it's no big deal to arrange it on arrival.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:54 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laguna33p
I have done a few website searches for JAL flying from the UK to aust but there appears to be no flights
I've noticed this aswell. I think you'll need to phone to make a booking. Although when I travelled with them 5 years ago LHR - BNE via Osaka I managed to book online but I think they must have stopped this for some reason.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really niceDimond is just really nice

If you leave the airport in Japan you get stung with a big airport tax. Look at Asiana airlines, prices the same- outward layover is quick, return lay-over they definitely provide accommodation off airport with no tax to pay.