Reload this Page >

Jabs for Children - Australian Versus UK

Jabs for Children - Australian Versus UK

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jabs for Children - Australian Versus UK

Hi

We have two small children (6 weeks and nearly 2 years). They have had the UK jabs that are normal for their ages but I wanted to find out if they needed different ones for Australia and do we have to take evidence other than their red book

Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jabs for Children - Australian Versus UK

Originally posted by jac16
Hi

We have two small children (6 weeks and nearly 2 years). They have had the UK jabs that are normal for their ages but I wanted to find out if they needed different ones for Australia and do we have to take evidence other than their red book

Thanks

found this site useful in finding out about jabs for children

http://www.immunise.health.gov.au/
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our girls (6 & 3) had all their UK jabs and the eldest one has had more than the kids her age here so she didn't just have to have the Meningitis C one with the rest of the school. They have however both had their first Hepatitis B jabs.
I would get a letter form your GP detailing what jabs they have both had as this has been easier for us to show school etc and get them to photocopy.

Claire
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

My children have had all the standard jabs here as they are
12 & 8, but are there any jabs advised for people moving
to Oz in addition to the normal child hood ones?

When I used to live in the Far East we had to have loads
(Chlorea/Typhoid/Small pox etc) and I was just wondering
if there are any for Oz.

Thanks Karen
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:11 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

There are no compulsory jabs to get to get into Australia.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:40 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I am a practice nurse here in oz and was in the uk too...

uk regimen...
At 2, 3 and 4 months....dtp+hib(combined vaccine) also oral polio and meningitis c

12 months .....mmr

4 yrs..... mmr 2, oral polio and dtp(diptheria, tetanus and pertussis..whooping cough combined)

age 12 ish...TB vaccine

age 14 ish...dtap booster, oral polio

oz regimen

at birth...hep b

2 and 4 months...... dtp , comvax( hib vaccine and hep b combined) and oral polio
6 months......dtp and oral polio

12 months....mmr, men c and comvax(hib and hep b combined)

4 yrs..........mmr 2, oral polio, dtp

school yr 7...catch up programme for those children not already immunised with hep b or men c!

..no TB vaccination programme in force that i am aware of,....oz is TB free..hence the big thing about it with meds!

age 14 ish dtap and oral polio

as you can see, babies here only get one dose of men c but get 3 doses of hepb...apparently hep b (according to the midwife that i work with!!)is a problem here and the health insurance commission ( or whoever!!!!)decided that it would be best to immunise children to help with community immunity long term...

i think that if you bring your red book with you that should suffie..or a letter from gp as already suggested.....
local australian mums get a bonus payment of i think $250 at the age of 12 months(not exactly sure of childs age....dont flame me if im wrong!!!)as long as the childs imms are up to date...

the mums also tell be that they get a one off payment of ..get this....$3,000 on the birth fo their child!!!!!......hmmph...
:scared: