Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

J A COLES REMOVALS - LONDON & MANCHESTER DEPOTS....

J A COLES REMOVALS - LONDON & MANCHESTER DEPOTS....

Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:34 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default J A COLES REMOVALS - LONDON & MANCHESTER DEPOTS....

Hey Y'all just signed an agreement with JA Coles removals for a pretty complicated move coordinating shipments from Ireland and UK - FANTASTIC rates - charged for volume only - weight doesnt matter (thank god as OH wants to bring his tools!! Have you felt the weight of an air conditioners tool box ???) Anyhoo - if anyone has stories to tell - be they good or bad! Please feel free to share - are they too good to be true???? Em X
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

yogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: J A COLES REMOVALS - LONDON & MANCHESTER DEPOTS....

Hi, seems that not many people have used these guys on BE. We has, by one recommendation in Perth, and they too, like you founds worked out quite reasonable. All I can say is that they have packed our house just over 2 weeks ago, and consignment is still in the UK. They packed well enough, just have to wait to see what happens at the other end in Perth, they reckon a shared container will take 10-12 weeks. Hope thi shelps, can provide updates as and when we get them
Old Apr 14th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Can u tell me how it went with this company I am having problems with them.
Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road

This is quiet interesting to know, my fella is a joiner and needs all his tools, have they been helpful and whats there kid of price??

thanks
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

yogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
it has been some time now, and for those of you embarking on the big move, I thought I'd just give a quick update. So JA Coles, no problems in general, everything arrived safely and within the timescales, I remember it being delayed by 1 week in Singapore due to bad weather (?). Anyway, their agent here in Perth, Chess Moving, we had no problems with either. As for unpacking, only had a couple of glassware broken, one dessert bowl and one drinking glass to my memory which in the grand scheme of things isn't bad at all. Overall, pretty much did what they said they would, at a reasonable price, and would recommend. Best speaking with Mark Neville, very helpful and gave good advice, and happy to negotiate on pricing as well. Hope this helps, and happy to answer further questions
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by yogita_dabasia
Hi, seems that not many people have used these guys on BE. We has, by one recommendation in Perth, and they too, like you founds worked out quite reasonable. All I can say is that they have packed our house just over 2 weeks ago, and consignment is still in the UK. They packed well enough, just have to wait to see what happens at the other end in Perth, they reckon a shared container will take 10-12 weeks. Hope thi shelps, can provide updates as and when we get them
Hi

Would you please give me and idea what you paid for half a container?

i take it this is what you had with sharing?

Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I recall paying GBP2650.00 plus insurance (GBP80'ish), and yes it was for a shared container...hth
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:19 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Our quote was £3995 for 900cbft using a 20ft sole use container.... Pickfords quoted £3195 but has only quoted for 800cbft